The Unwelcome Guest

Pub Date 23 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 14 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheUnwelcomeGuest #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

SHE HAD THE PERFECT MARRIAGE. UNTIL HER MOTHER-IN-LAW MOVED IN…

Saffron vowed to love Miles no matter what life threw at them both. But when her mother-in-law moves into their happy family home, Saffron’s shiny life begins to tarnish.

Even as Caprice’s barbed comments turn to something more sinister, Saffron hopes the new nanny’s arrival will shield her from the worst of it. She’s starting to feel paranoid in her own home.

Little does she realise that Caprice longs for a new daughter-in-law – and she’ll do anything to make that happen…

Coming soon: the new gripping domestic thriller from the #1 bestselling author of Obsession

Your favourite authors LOVE The Unwelcome Guest:

‘A pacy page-turner full of taut toxicity, envy, jealousy and self-interest that I couldn’t put down’ ADRIENNE CHINN

‘A domestic nightmare crackling with unrelieved tensionPAUL FINCH

‘Highly entertaining and will keep you turning the pages – a toxic treat!’ ALICE HUNTER

‘Amanda Robson at her best – intriguing, shocking and twisty. An absolute must-read’ JA CORRIGAN

SHE HAD THE PERFECT MARRIAGE. UNTIL HER MOTHER-IN-LAW MOVED IN…

What a great read! First off, I absolutely could not stand Caprice. She's the mother in law from hell, as I'm sure you'll realize how she treats Saffron her daughter in law. I wanted her son, Miles, to open his eyes and realize his mom is not the loving person he thinks she is. I could not put this book down! I was determined to see if Karma bites Caprice in the behind with everything she puts Saffron through while no one else thinks she is capable of being so despicable. Loved the twist at the end that I didn't see coming.

Woooooo!!! Here we gooooo! This was one of the best and most unique books I’ve read all year! Y’all know I love my first person chapters and I love alternating characters narrating chapters but Amanda Robson went and threw on another super cool layer where every chapter had a character using first person AND second person! I loved to see each character’s object of obsession (Good or bad? That’s to be determined!) and I just could not freaking put this book down! I honestly could not even begin to guess how this book would end and that made it even better for me! I’m going back to buy all of her previous books and putting her on my auto buy author list!!! 87 stars from me!!!