Rogue

Pub Date 21 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #roguebleeds #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The year is 2250, and the evacuation has begun. A rogue planet is hurtling towards Earth, and mankind’s only hope is to escape on the Bertram Ramsay—an enormous space station built to accommodate nine million inhabitants and ensure the continuity of our species.

Jaxon Leith is one such inhabitant, and he’s about to enter Compression—a three month internment camp where he will train to live and work in space.

The Acolytes of Gaia have other ideas. A faceless, powerful group of zealots formed two centuries ago, who have infiltrated the upper echelons of governments and corporations around the world.

They will stop at nothing to destroy the Bertram, and condemn every living being on Earth in the process.

Jaxon is drawn in to a world of subterfuge, terrorism, espionage and murder, as he faces a ruthless, invisible killer in a race against time to save the human race from extinction.

Advance Praise

5 Stars - 'Wonderfully written, fast-paced and deeply engaging, Rogue delivers a brilliant twist of a dystopian tale... highly recommended.'

5 Stars - "An incredibly well written, intimate and thorough novel from a future that, at times, seems not too far from this one."

5 Stars - "Cracking read. Well paced, race against time, who will do it thriller."

5 Stars - "A rip-roaring yarn of an imaginable future with characters that are superbly wrought."

5 Stars - "An incredibly well written, intimate and...

PRICE £2.49 (GBP)

Received as a review copy from NetGalley, this is an honest review. After a rogue planet is discovered to heading to Earth on a path of destruction... humanity is thrown into chaos; in the moment of hopelessness does the world come together to find a way to survive. Out of it comes the Bertram Ramsay, a space station that will house the chosen of humanity to guarantee the species survival. For Jaxon, receiving a chance to earn his way aboard is a miracle... and he's not about to waste. Entering Compression, a specialized camp each Crew of people endure to not only what space will throw at them but their future responsibilities aboard the station. If being pushed physically and mentally were extreme, a known rogue organization has sent individuals to infiltrate the project that is fighting to save humanity. Racing against the clock, Jason finds himself unraveling the secrets of his fellow crew mates to expose the destructive agenda. Wonderfully written, fast-paced and deeply engaging, Rogue delivers a brilliant twist of a dystopian tale... highly recommended.

This was a really good book - I would recommend it to any sci-fi lover. I did enjoy that it was set in England, with recognisable places, but the book could be equally appreciated by those who live elsewhere. I really hope that there is going to be a sequel - it looks like there will be, although there was no cliffhanger and the story nicely finished one chapter of the main character’s life. I also did enjoy reading about and getting to know that character, Jaxon, who seemed realistic and believable. I enjoyed his reaction to the feminine attention, and it was a nice take on that side of things. I am looking forward to the sequel and hope it will be just as good a read as this book was! A very well deserved five stars.

This was slightly different to the normal books I read, but enjoyed it a lot. At the heart was a murder mystery in a sealed environment, but very well done. The descriptions of the space station and craft, as well as the cities, was plausible and enhanced the main plot. I’d recommend it and would read any sequel.