5 Wild Homes

Pub Date 26 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 28 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #5WildHomes #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

With gentle rhyming text and eye-catching, brightly-coloured illustrations, this interactive board book introduces some amazing animal homes. Simply put your finger on the disc and move it along the trail to trace the shape on each page. Perfect for developing hand-eye co-ordination.

I love the gorgeous illustrations and rhyming words in this book. What a lovely way to introduce babies to different animals from different habitats around the world. In ebook format we couldn't try the feature of tracing the shapes, but it looks like it would be a useful and fun activity to do with baby.

A board book that demands baby gets to grips with having a book in their hand, and exploring all it can offer – even if that is just having a nubbin one can move across or around the design. From a jungle to the Arctic, this takes us to five locations where we see nature in all its colourful, active best, with a rhyming couplet to talk of what we're seeing and bold design to present the diorama in each instance. Some of the landscape has that interactive piece, so you can move it around its cardboard circuit and trace the shape of a mountain or the wave a dolphin's splashing over. And when that's been grown out of, there are still the details and animals in the pictures to start naming. Not so much a book but a tool for making book-lovers, there's nothing here to dislike.

This board book features stunning, vibrant illustrations of five different animal habitats. The short book features simple rhymes on each page. Children will love the illustrations and learning about different types of animals. Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC.