No Good About Goodbye

Pub Date 24 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 27 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #NoGoodAboutGoodbye #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Will Ian Racalmuto get lost in a wilderness of mirrors?

Fifteen-year-old Ian Racalmuto’s life is in ruins after an embassy raid in Algiers. His mother, a vodka-drunk spy, is dead. His brother, a diplomat, has vanished. And, he's lost a cremation urn containing a smartphone that could destroy the world.

Forced to live with his cantankerous grandfather in Philadelphia, Ian has seven days to find his brother and secure the phone—all while adjusting to life in a troubled urban school and dodging assassins sent to kill him.

Ian finds an ally in William Xiang, an undocumented immigrant grappling with poverty, a strict family, and abusive classmates. They make a formidable team, but when one boy develops a secret crush on the other, it threatens to ruin their friendship. Will it roll up Ian's mission and derail a heist they’ve planned at the State Department?

No Good About Goodbye is an incautious, funny, coming-of-age adventure for mature teens and adult readers of YA fiction.

Will Ian Racalmuto get lost in a wilderness of mirrors?

Advance Praise

★★★★★ "Sharply observed and sarcastic as hell, CT Liotta's debut is the gay teenage spy thriller we have long needed."- Matt Harry, author of Superkid and Sorcery for Beginners.

"Brilliant... a rollicking good read. Rich with often realistically crude boy lingo, No Good About Goodbye is an utterly charming teenage LGBTQ falling-in-love adventure that simultaneously rocks an international crime storyline."—C.S. Holmes, Indiereader

"Brilliant... a...

ISBN 9781955394024

I found this YA spy novel to be an utter delight! Fast-paced and witty, we traverse the globe with Ian, who just lost his mother and is charged with stopping a war with China. All the while he's 15, enrolled in an High School from hell in Philadelphia and struggling with his identity. The author offers his own particular take on the importance of friendship and found family. He also very cleverly features different viewpoints, so the reading experience never feels stale. Honestly, I did not know what to expect going into this story - I however finished it converted into a fan!