Real Hero Shit

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #IronCircusComics #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“It’s quirky, it’s fantasy, and it’s horny . . . highly anticipated.” — COMICS BEAT

“A fresh, hilarious, and even raunchy spin on the classic questing formula.” — IGN

"Real Hero Shit delivers excitement, depth, and most of all, fun." — FOREWORD MAGAZINE

Adventure awaits! But our heroes are missing some manpower.

People are going missing in a small mountain town. The city guard are blocked from a real investigation. The notorious Underguild has assigned Michel a secret mission: find the missing villagers and bring whatever kidnapped them to justice. Unfortunately for Michel (and his fellow adventurers, Ani and Hocus), they’re short a fighter and need one more party member to foil this plot. Even more unfortunately, the only volunteer seems to be the arrogant, ostentatious, purple playboy Prince Eugene looking to cure his boredom. Covert is not a concept that he’s familiar with, and let’s just say his commitment to the mission is questionable.

Every day is basically spring break for Eugene, but outside the palace walls he crashes into a hard reality: the system that kept him safe in his silk-sheeted bed isn't particularly concerned with the well-being of anyone who isn't him. Eugene will have to level-up his awareness if he means to be a real hero, and time is running short!

"Real Hero Shit delivers...

ISBN 9781945820830

OMG I loved it! It really just put a smile on my face! I got access to the ARC through NetGalley and saw that at the beginning of my lunch. I couldn’t resist reading it right away even though it isn’t out until early next year. Besides! I can plow through a graphic novel in an hour. 😁 It has the same silly sense of fun as Adventure Zone while the content rating might be more on par with Rat Queens with less gore. The art is bright and cheerful and the party is all likable enough to enjoy their characters in different ways. If you’re a RPG gamer and have a sense of humor about your reading you should read this!

An absolutely delightful romp into fantasy adventure! Kendra really captures the goofiness, as well as the true heart, of every good adventuring questing party. This is a queer, magical, ridiculous adventure that really proves that a hero can be anyone. Even a spoiled, selfish, brash, purple horned prince.