Aloha Alibi

Charlotte Gibson Mysteries Book 1

Pub Date 10 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 16 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AlohaAlibi #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Most people flee to Hawaii for gorgeous weather, white-sand beaches, and cocktails at sunset. Charlotte Gibson, however, is fleeing for her life after a vengeful mobster leaves a severed finger on her doorstep as a warning. Message very much received.

That’s how Charlotte—Charlie to everyone except her mom— finds herself on Maui with six dollars to her name, living with a mother who can’t stop giving her advice on how to land herself a husband. But when a businessman is murdered and his company offers a reward to whoever finds the killer, Charlie sees an opportunity: with that kind of cash, she could afford her own place and start a new life here away from the people who want her dead. After all, how hard can hunting down a murderer be?

Teaming up with a couple of old ladies with more spunk than Betty White, Charlie is sure she’s on the right track to snag the reward money. However, the infuriating-but-smouldering-hot cop trying to keep her away from his case has other ideas. Throw in a day job at an ice cream shop, corrupt local politicians, and a best friend trying to act as the voice of reason, and Charlie has her work cut out for her.

Will she be able to find the killer, or is Charlie’s time in paradise going to go straight to hell in a handbasket?

Advance Praise

"I am not usually one to compare authors, but if you like Janet Evanovich, you will LOVE this series." - Miss W Book Reviews

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9798517619235

A must read, Aloha Alibi is the first in the Charlotte GIbson Mystery series. The author does a great job in telling the story and along with the well-crafted characters makes this an enjoyable cozy mystery. This story is about Charlie who is heading back to Maui penniless. She is one of my favorite characters in this novel. Of course, as in all cozies there is a murder and Charlie gets involved to figure out what really happened. Highly recommend.

Through NetGalley, I received a free copy of ALOHA ALIBI (Book 1 of the Charlotte Gibson Mysteries), by Jasmine Webb, in exchange for an honest review. Charlie Gibson had a small incident while working at a jewelry store, and now she’s fleeing from mobsters. There’s only one place Charlie thinks will be safe; Charlie’s going home to Hawaii. Broke and desperate to get out of her mother’s house, Charlie takes a job working sales at an ice cream shop. When one of her patrons is murdered while still holding his ice cream cup, Charlie is disturbed. However, when the dead man’s family offers a huge reward for information leading to the murderer, Charlie is motivated. Charlie needs the money, so she’ll track down that killer even if it kills her. Charlie soon finds herself in direct competition with a private detective, a couple of senior sleuths, and the police investigators. Can Charlie survive to beat her competitors to the reward? I liked the book and thought it was a good start to the series. I recommend this book to fans of cozy mysteries featuring murder, retail sales, jewelry heists, mobsters, real estate zoning, crooked politicos, feisty seniors, and Hawaii. #AlohaAlibi #NetGalley

This was an enjoyable book to read, the chracters were good, the setting was good and the storyline was good, it was a quick and easy book to read.

I enjoyed this book. It's a fast read. I liked the characters, they are great. The story is interesting. #AlohaAlibi #NetGalley

This do what you must main character is funny but determined. Charlie isn't about to go down any way but fighting. Her reluctance to return to her home state has deep roots in pain. Return she must as there's nowhere else to go. With a mother determined to get a grandchild and not shy about it. Charlie must find another place to stay. Enter the reward for finding a murderer. There are a couple of not so grandmotherly types and a best friend revisited. All around an entertaining read. It kept me turning pages.

Well written in a light and funny style, this is an entertaining and easy to read book. The story and plot are good, and the characters are excellent, which is most important in a first-in-series. I'm waiting for the next.

Aloha Alibi by Jasmine Webb is the first book in what will become Charlotte Gibson Mystery series. It features quirky, fun and somewhat down on her luck young woman who kills a gang member while he is trying to rob the jewelry store she works in. After getting death threats she decides to go back to Hawaii to her mother's house, as she fears for her life. Soon after she manages to meet a guy hours before he gets killed. His family offers a reward to a person who finds out the murderer. As Charlotte really needs to money so she can move out of her mother's place she decides to give a go and investigate. Along the way she will meet some unlikely cohorts and get into some scrapes. Definitely on a lighter side of mystery with many funny situations, which I personally like and enjoy. There is a lot of humorous banter. Some of the characters are pretty stereotypical but entertaining none the less. The setting is absolutely stunning and very atmospheric. The story is fairly fast paced and there is always something happening in each chapter. Mystery is well presented. There were some things revealed at the end that are possibly a bit over the top, but as I regarded this book a highly entertaining and didn't expect it to be nothing other than that I was willing to suspend my belief and go for a ride. I will definitely be on a look out for the next installment to see how it will progress and what new misadventures our heroine will find herself into.

Hawai'i, cozy-mystery, island-life, contemporary, multigenerational, murder, murder-investigation, situational-humor, verbal-humor, dachshunds, large-reward, senior-sleuths, stalker***** Is it OK to mention that halfway into the book I got the free visual so I could get the audio at a discount (I have visual issues)? This is a positive laugh riot! The sleuthing is good but fun, the romance thing is more about Charlie's mother saying way too embarrassing things to the police detective thinking he would soon be her grandchildren's father. It opens with an unexpected murder in Seattle then moves to an unwitnessed murder on Maui shortly after Charlie met him at her new job. Add in a $1 million reward for solution to the case, a pair of determined senior sleuths, a pair of police detectives, and getting tasered. Besides the great characters, her dog is a dachshund/golden retriever! Excellent read! I requested and received a free ebook copy from BooksGoSocial via NetGalley. THANK YOU! On the other hand, the narrator of the audio was a great disappointment.

This was such a hilarious cozy mystery! I loved the story line, the twists, and the jokes made throughout the story. I cannot wait to read the second book in the series. Read this if... 1. You want to escape to Hawaii 2. Love true crime podcasts 3. Are a millennial in the middle of a big career change 4. Want to explore the cozy mystery genre

I love this series! I bought and read the second and have pre ordered the third. Charlie is a fun, smart and hilarious MC. She has to leave Seattle and returns to Hawaii after a robbery gone wrong. She gets herself into all kinds of trouble her first week back. She meets two older women that are amazing. Overall I loved the book! #AlohaAlibi #NetGalley

This is the debut of the new cozy series "Charlotte Gibson Mystery Series" by cozy author Jasmine Webb. Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley. My review opinions are my own. I loved this debut set in Hawaii a welcome change from the usual cozy settings. The author has a wonderful atmospheric setting to draw the reader into the Hawaiian setting. The characters are all likable and the mystery kept me turning pages to conclusion. I look forward to the next in this enjoyable fun series. We are introduced to our protagnist Charlotte who is fleeing threats from a mobster . She has returned home to Maui Hawaii to live with her Mother. Unfortunately for Charlotte her Mother is determined to marry her off. Charlotte has no means and wants to make enough to escape both her Mother and the mobster who threatened her. She is working at a ice cream shop temporarily when a murder of a customer occurs and the family offers a enticing reward. She takes on the unique task of investigation along with her new friends they finds clues abound and red herrings as they investigate. I loved Charlotte as a protagnist. The setting of Maui was fun and the supporting characters colorful and fun, . This is a series I look forward to returning to . Well done to the author. A fun read that I highly recommend.

Loved it. Great start to a series. I look forward to reading the next one. Lots of action along with humor, friendship, parental embarrassment and love, hint of romance, and so much more. It will keep you entertained. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.

A warm cozy mystery. An ongoing story I think, I hope. The end doesn't feel like the end, to me anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher I read a free advance review copy of the book. This review is voluntary, honest and my own opinion

Thank you NetGalley, Jasmine Webb and BooksGoSocial for the copy of Aloha Alibi. This is my personal review. What a great start to the new series Charlotte Gibson Mysteries. Charlotte but known to all except her mother as Charlie is starting over in Maui with a few dollars in her pocket. She moved in with her mother and every day Charlie says to herself she knows she has to get out of her mother’s place, or she will go crazy. She is trying to get enough money to do just that but not making much money. She meets a guy who is found dead soon after she has met him. When a reward is offered to find his killer, she thinks this is the way out of her mother’s house. Along with a fantastic group of characters in this book this is a fun fantastic easy to read cozy! I love books that are so much fun to read. I can not wait for the next book in this series to come out.

Aloha Alibi by Jasmine Webb is the 1st book in the Charlotte Gibson Mystery series, and I really enjoyed this book. Charlotte Gibson is running away from mobsters, and ends up living in Hawaii with her mother. Once I started this book I could not stop reading it. It was a quick read that kept me guessing. I look forward to the next book in the series. I recommend this book for all cozy mystery book lovers, you will not be disappointed. I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.