Promise Broken

Pub Date 15 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #PromiseBroken #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

K’wan’s urban fiction coming-of-age novel, Promise Broken, is set in the gritty streets of Newark, New Jersey. The story follows seventeen-year-old Promise Mohammed as she attempts to uphold friendships and new relationships—even if they lead to her demise.

After Promise’s mother dies in a tragic car accident, it leaves a void in Promise’s life that she is yearning to fill. This titular novel finds Promise spiraling into a life of crime and drug affiliation by the company she chooses to keep.

Also coping with abandonment and a lifelong broken commitment from her biological father, Promise ultimately has two goals: to graduate from high school and to be loved. But can she find the love that she seeks from her Aunt Dell, two best friends, Mouse and Keys, or drug-dealer Asher—the man who captivates her—despite the fact that each relationship will lead to life-altering events? Only time will tell.

EDITION Paperback

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you so much Blackstone Pub, NG and Author for this extraordinary eARC! Promise Broken by K'wan follows a 17 year old girl named Promise! Set in the brutal streets of Newark, NJ. This girl has had a tough life. Her mother died in a horrible car crash and she has no idea who her father is. She has no friends or family and her life starts spinning out of control. Which ultimately leads to a life filled with crime and drug related people! Promise ultimately has two goals in life..... to graduate high school and to be loved! Can Promise make her goals happen living the way she is? Read to find out...... This is a wonderful fiction coming-of-age novel, that I very much enjoyed! The dialogue felt so real and I loved the vivid descriptions. The characters were so easy to connect to! This is a well rounded read. It grabbed my attention from first chapter and I didn't stop! Writing is phenomenal..... Just an amazing read! Thank you Blackstone Pub for the opportunity to read this eARC! I'll post to my platforms closer to pub date!

this was a really good read, I enjoyed the way the author writes and was able to tell this story. The characters felt like real people and I enjoyed reading this.