The Dream Catchers

PRESTORIA Series Book 1

Pub Date 21 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 24 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheDreamCatchers #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Set in the mysterious realm of nightmares, J. U. Menon's The Dream Catchers is a fast-paced high fantasy adventure through Indian myths and folklore. An extraordinary tale of courage and self-discovery!

RADHIKA VARMA has an overactive imagination – everyone says so. But when she is chosen to participate in a Challenge held in Prestoria – the land of nightmares, she must use every bit of wild imagination she possesses to fight for her life. As one of eleven Dream Catchers and armed only with her imagination, Radhika must conjure her own weaponry against powerful ancient creatures like the Vyalas and the Rakshasas, and get to the magical portal before dawn. Fail to do so, and she will be forced to stay behind in Prestoria forever.

But when she is suspected of attacking the other Dream Catchers, Radhika realizes that there is more going on than meets the eye. With mere minutes left until dawn, will Radhika manage to clear her name, complete the Challenge and get back home, or will a thirst for vengeance lead to Prestoria claiming her as its own?

Advance Praise

"The characters were wonderfully written, the deception and taunting made everything that much more intriguing, and not being able to tell whether they were in a dream or real life was wildly entertaining." , "This was a great book! Someone needs to make it into a movie (and not change anything!). I really enjoyed this storyline and the weaving of Indian lore into it. The story touches on sibling disagreements, dealing with the loss of loved ones, the effect of dementia/Alzheimer’s on a family, making new friends, and dealing with fears. I also enjoy the touch of dealing with a bully and how you can’t always believe what others say, no matter how convincing they are."

I really enjoyed reading thsi book and i didnt really want it to end. It dealt with hard hitting themes and situations in an effective and sensitive way and I loved the infusion of Indian myth and folklore throughout the book. The cover is stunning also. An enjoyable book that children will love letting lose in their imagination

An amazing book, filled with magic, adventure, drama and for a side plot we have a mini-mystery, what else could I ever want! It made me want to act out all the feelings that our main character was showing, cuddle up on my bed and never get up. The mythology wasn’t half baked as it is in most books and the glossary was an amazing touch to the experience. The writing style was exquisite and definitely to my taste. The cover is just out of this world, the illustration is just stunning and depicts a scene from the story so clearly. The editors, the illustrators and the author, have put their heart and soul into this book and the result has paid off in an amazing fashion. I can't wait for the next instalment in this amazing series! 😄