Flower Crowns and Fearsome Things

Narrated by Amanda Lovelace

Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 08 Oct 2021
Andrews McMeel Audio, Andrews McMeel Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #FlowerCrownsandFearsomeThings #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

in her new standalone poetry collection, flower crowns & fearsome things, bestselling & award-winning poetess amanda lovelace explores the complexity of femininity through alternating wildflower & wildfire poems.
within these pages, you will find that each of us has the ability to be both soft & fierce at the same time. there is no need to choose one or the other.

This audiobook includes commentary by the author on her writing process as well as the inspiration behind the poems.

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
DURATION 39 Minutes, 2 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)

Thanks to Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for the ARC of this (ebook and audio) in exchange for my honest review. I’m not always a poetry person, but Lovelace is one poet I am always excited to see new collections from. I really enjoyed this take on Persephone, though, to be honest I also find the retellings where Persephone has choice and Hades isn’t just an uncomplicated villain to also be exciting and empowering. I think the poems did a good job of showing how women can be two things, can be complex, while remaining easy to read and take in. I loved that the audio had commentary from the author, and I continue to be a fan of the art style used for illustrations, though I would’ve maybe enjoyed more illustrations in this one. Definitely recommend this if you’ve liked the other collections put out by this author.