Mountain Rescue

Pub Date 28 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 27 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #MountainRescue #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A woman on the run. A wounded SEAL who wants to become invisible.

Two strangers, one mountain cabin.

The sole witness to a murder, stuntwoman Rachel Denning thought she’d found the perfect hideout in a remote cabin just outside Asheville, North Carolina. Until a strange man appears in her bedroom. After a few terrifying moments, she realizes it’s a mix-up—he’s not there to kill her—and Rachel finds herself with an unexpected protector in the form of a navy SEAL.

Dallas Manning is just trying to recover. After being rescued from the Taliban, he’s on extended leave. Finding his mountain retreat occupied by a gorgeous knife-wielding stranger isn’t part of his recovery plan, and neither is training dogs. But an old friend enlists him to help train service dogs for veterans, and Dallas recognizes himself in Bella, a dog rescued from a bad situation.

All Dallas wants is to be left alone so he can get his head straight, but Rachel stirs his protective instincts. Being trapped together makes it impossible to ignore their growing attraction, but neither of them can outrun their pasts. They’ll have to find a way forward together or risk losing it all.

"With realistic characters, witty banter, a well-written storyline, and a bit of action thrown in, Keeping Guard will draw readers in from the first page until the last." —Harlequin Junkie

Operation K-9 Brothers

Book 1: Operation K-9 Brothers
Book 2: Keeping Guard
Book 3: Mountain Rescue
A woman on the run. A wounded SEAL who wants to become invisible.

Two strangers, one mountain cabin.

EDITION Mass Market Paperback

I just finished Mountain Rescue by Sandra Owens. It is the third book in her Operation K9 Brother s series. For me it was the perfect book. I loved all of the characters in it. Rachel and Dallas are the perfect couple. This book made me cry and laugh out loud.. It is my all time favorite book. If you haven't read this series you should.. Sandra Owens never disappoints.

Loved this book! The characters were engaging and quickly drew me into their world. I especially loved Dallas's character - he's the perfect damaged hero who struggles to make sense of his new life. This is a fast paced story that quickly drew me in and kept me hooked until the very last page. I even fell in love with the animals in the story. If you enjoy the genre, you will love this book. While part of a series, this is a stand alone novel, however, its so good that you really owe to yourself to read them all. The author is on my must read authors' list.

Sandra Owens is a favorite author of mine for a reason. She writes inspiring storylines with great characters. I love this world, seeing characters from one book to another. This book did not disappoint! Grammie, Dirty Mary, and June are a hoot! The interaction between all the characters make me wish I was a part of this world. I enjoyed Dallas and Rachel's beginning and suspenseful romance. My heart dropped several times. I couldn't put it down. The HEA made me cry. Such a great read! Thank you NetGalley and Harlequin-Carina Press for the ARC of MOUNTAIN RESCUE. This is my voluntary and honest review.