The Map to You

Pub Date 25 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 15 Apr 2022

Sasha Deforest always seems to fall hardest for girls she can't have. And she's never fallen harder than she has for her tough, stubborn best friend Kinsey. Sasha can't help all the outrageously flirty things that come out of her mouth when they're together, even if Kinsey always plays it off as a running joke. Sasha doesn't really mind, though. She likes that they're just friends. It's easy. Uncomplicated. And it means she has an excuse not to open up about her troubled family life back home.

Kinsey Han has been nursing one hell of a crush on sweet, sarcastic Sasha for the better part of the last year. Not that she'd ever let Sasha know it. Kinsey tends to express herself by frowning and ordering her loved ones around. Even if she thought Sasha meant all the flirty nonsense she's always coming up with, Kinsey could never be the kind of cheerful, outgoing woman Sasha deserves to be with. It's better for everyone if Kinsey keeps her true feelings to herself.

But when Sasha drops everything to drive Kinsey 600 miles to deal with a family emergency, things get complicated. The more time they spend together, the harder it is for Kinsey to keep her feelings for Sasha buried—and the harder it is for Sasha to remember why it's so important to keep Kinsey at arm's length. If they continue to conceal the depths of their feelings for each other, they'd be missing out on falling in love with the one person who could truly get them. But taking that chance also means opening themselves up to heartbreak. And neither is sure they're willing to risk losing the other forever.

EDITION Ebook

I binged read this book. I love the concept and the main characters interactions. I believe this would be a friends-to-lovers trope. I enjoyed Kinsley's prickly nature..shes cantankerous in a good way. Sasha is the opposite an outwardly always happy person who's hiding her true nature. Both have been hurt before and have been damaged both are carrying some baggage. It was great to watch these two finally came together. It's a cute love story.

This book is so perfect. I love that it's best friends to lovers and the angst is so perfect. I just wanted to give sasha and kinsey a hug, they both have so many insecurities and once they were brought up they were really able to shine. Their speeches to each other once they actually professed their love were so beautiful. I received an arc from netgalley.

So much angst and so much personal drama in these characters. The story captivates you quickly so I read this in one go, that’s always good news. The book is well written and the characters are developed nicely and you can see their growth throughout the book. If you love an angsty YA romance this is the book for you.

And they were roommates… The Map to You by Rachel Stockbridge is a super cute read and you can tell immediately by looking at this adorable cover art! It is a fun and easy college roommates/friends-to-lovers New Adult romance. It is the second book in the Next Stop Love series, however, I personally haven’t read the first book and can safely say that The Map to You can be read on its own. This book follows Sasha and Kinsey who have become friends and roommates at NYU. Kinsey has gone through a recent breakup and Sasha has had a crush on Kinsey since seeing her in a shared class. Personally, I found Kinsey extremely relatable as an artistic introvert while Sasha is a jock who uses humour to mask her feelings about both Kinsey and her troubled childhood. It had the perfect balance of angst and cute romance for me. In saying that though, I did find it somewhat frustrating that two sapphic friends who shared their space couldn’t open up to each other. I understand miscommunication tropes and I usually like them as humans are naturally always pretty bad at it. But, being a lesbian who is close to my friends, I did find the extent to which they were closed-off a little unbelievable at times as we stereotypically share our feelings quite easily. Overall, I had a great time devouring this book. I’m always such a sucker for friends-to-lovers stories and this one was great. A huge thank you to NetGalley and Rachel Stockbridge for providing me with a digital ARC in exchange for an honest and voluntary review.

This book was super cute. Sasha gave me Julie Etrz vibes but without the tragic backstory/crazy mom. I really enjoyed Sasha's emotional journey and change throughout the book. Kinsey had to learn to be not so self-absorbed. The banter was pretty great and I hard core related to Sasha's sarcasm. As far as steamboats go, there were only kisses and cuddles, but they were adorable and moved the plot forward.

This wlw romance genuinely has everything. Best friends to lovers, sharing a bed, hurt/comfort. I’m absolutely in love with Kinsey and Sasha and their relationship is so cute. Sasha’s past is really well written. I liked how the author brought up the ways that her trauma still effects her, and how difficult it was for her to open up to Kinsey after taking care of herself by herself for so long. Kinsey is like my ideal best friend. Her attitude is just so funny and her constant grumpiness usually stems from care for the people around her. I love her relationship with her parents and her brother, their bond is what everyone wants. Everyone should read this once it comes out, even if you don’t love romance you’ll love these girls romance.

The Map to You is such a cute but at the same time deep and heartbreaking romance - with a gorgeous cover, I must add. Kinsey moves dorms after a rough break-up with her first love, Evie. Her new roommate Sasha flirts with her at every chance that she gets, but that’s just a running joke. Or is it? Sasha has been crushing on Kinsey ever since she first met her, but she doesn’t think her feelings will ever be reciprocated. Over the course of the term they become fast friends, and Sasha doesn’t even think twice about offering to drive Kinsey all the way from New York to Charlotte for a family emergency. During their trip, they will have to re-evaluate not only their feelings for each other, but also their pasts. The first half of the book moved really quickly. At first I was a bit confused by the jump in the timeline right at the beginning, but once I found out that this book is actually a sequel and looked up the plot of the first book, it all made much more sense. I thought that Kinsey and Sasha had great chemistry and I loved seeing their friendship develop into something more. It was so relatable for both of them to struggle with their feelings and with the commitment that comes with taking a friendship to the next level. Of course, the whole situation wasn’t exactly made easier by their respective pasts. Over the course of the book, Kinsey goes through a lot of character development and I loved that for her. Her parents are incredibly supportive and such a cute couple themselves (can we have a spin-off of how they met, please?). Kinsey eventually managed to gather the courage to bring up their fight about the ex-girlfriend and I almost cried over that whole conversation because it was just so wholesome. I just wish that Sasha had got the same amount of development as well. It is of course a huge step for her to put herself first and cut herself off from her emotionally abusive mother, but I wish she had received more support from her family after that, and started therapy - because she clearly needs it. Much of the book was focused around resolving these family problems and although that wasn’t what I had expected from the story, I really liked the way it was written. I do wish Sasha and Kinsey had been better at talking everything through in the first place instead of Sasha doing what she criticises her mom for, which is up and running when being asked to face her problems, but it’s all a part of the process so I understand why it happened. Kinsey needed to learn to give Sasha some space, and Sasha had to learn to open up to someone she trusts, difficult as both may be. All in all, this was a really cute, diverse romance with a focus on mental health and I enjoyed reading it! 4/5 stars.

Best friends to lovers? Mutual pining? Road trips? Bed sharing? Yes, yes, yes!! This book is absolutely perfect without coming off as too cliche.

The Map to You by Rachel Stockbridge Friends to Lovers, Secret Crushes, Taking Chances, Kindness, Opening the Heart, Lgbtq+ (flf) This was such a cute and enjoyable friends to lovers novel about two college roommates. I read it in one day and just could feel the emotions and insecurities of the characters as I read along. But taking that chance also means opening themselves up to heartbreak. And neither is sure they’re willing to risk losing the other forever. This is my first novel by Rachel Stockbridge and I will now check out some of her other novels as I do not normally read very many romcom type books and really enjoyed it. This is technically NA, but could but could be read NY a Jr high or HS student as there is no explicit content. I would rate it pg-13, but the MCs are all in college. Also, great cover & title. I would like a hard copy if offered. Thank you netgalley & publisher for the e arc. 4-4.5*

I’m not always the biggest fan of new adult romance, but this book really hooked me and drew me in. The story revolves around Kinsey and Sasha two seniors at NYU. Kinsey is recovering from a relationship gone wrong and Sasha has been crushing on Kinsey for the last few years but Kinsey doesn’t even know that Sasha exists. What follows is an incredibly sweet story of roomies to friends to lovers romance. What I really loved about this book was it balanced hilarious flirty banter with some serious issues facing both the two MCs. It was in turns laugh out funny / cheesy, serious and heart meltingly sweet. I really liked how both characters were brought to life. Sasha is super easy to love and Kinsey is this “grumpasaurus” being who is actually a big softie inside. I did notice somewhere in the last third the pacing did slow down a bit, but picked up within a few pages. Also kudos for representation, I always like to give books major brownie points for steering away from the standard MC stereotypes in f/f books. For an author who is only two books in - the writing is fantastic and I look forward to Rachel Stockbridge’s next! Quick note: The cover was pretty awesome too, which was what got me interested in the first place. I believe this is the author’s own creation - so well done Rachel! A super fun and easy read. 4.5 stars. Many thanks to NetGalley and the Rachel Stockbridge for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Map to You is a wonderful book that follows the two main characters, Kinsey and Sasha. Kinsey and Sasha are best friends and they both have a crush on the other, but both are convinced the other could never like them in that way. All that comes to a head when Kinsey's mom has a heart attack and Sasha offers to drive Kinsey to the hospital--600 miles away. I especially appreciated that although both characters have their own baggage, it is never implied that falling in love magically makes those issues disappear, as is common in many pieces of media. Instead the two support each other through the tough times together. Super cute and a wonderful story of young love and the ups and downs of families.

A new favorite book! Stockbridge is a very talented author with a distinctive writing style that leaves me wanting more. Very well done!