The Last Roman: Abyss

Pub Date 30 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 05 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheLastRomanAbyss #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"The much-anticipated sequel to The Last Roman: Exile

Can all sins be forgiven?

Marcus Sempronius Gracchus, a soldier of Rome, has spent two thousand years walking the earth, seeking redemption he may never find.

After losing his latest confrontation with Thomas, a man he once considered his brother, Marcus is on the run and must find new allies to continue the struggle.

But will that be enough?

As Marcus races across the globe to find the only weapon that can stop Thomas, his old nemesis will do anything to secure an ancient artifact that could destroy humanity.

Follow the story of a man who should be dead as he tries to save the world... and his soul.

"The much-anticipated sequel to The Last Roman: Exile

Can all sins be forgiven?

Advance Praise

"Once again I just tore through one of your books." ARC reader

I had an advance reader copy of ""Abyss"" and Greenwood has done it again. This book captures you from the first page.

Marcus was made immortal by Christ and has served the Church well. Now, someone is trying to destroy it and the world.

The novel expertly moves from one era to another, pausing to give us a taste of life in Constantinople, then slogging through the present-day jungle.

I want book three NOW - Goodreads ARC review"

"Once again I just tore through one of your books." ARC reader

Marcus was made...

The Last Roman the Abyss follows Marcus Sempronius Gracchus, a soldier of Rome. He has spent two thousand years walking the earth, seeking redemption he may never find. The book takes us back and forth between past and present. It is problematic and complicated to keep tabs on what is occurring unless you have read book one. So I suggest you read The Last Roman: Exile before venturing into this narrative. That being said, book one is an excellent read, and The Abyss is a strong follow-up. Well written and well researched, the book blends past and future history really neatly. There is plenty of action with a few clever twists thrown in. Think Highlander (original movie), and you have some idea of the general genre. It has some excellent characters and good dialogue. I did prefer the ventures into the past, even if the author's Biblical knowledge was a bit off. (see the first book). Abyss is a really decent read, and a fair follow up to Exile. Thank you, NetGalley and BooksGoSocial, for the ADC of the book.

Received as a review copy from NetGalley, this is an honest review. This is absolute brilliant sequel to Exile with the author once more crafting one heck of an interwoven web of secrets that fill the immortal lives of Marcus and Thomas. The jumps back into the past experiences and encounters between the two men delivers the adventure of their once friendship and it all falling apart. A very emotional ride that richly painted crossing from present day and to the past will have you engaged throughout the book, highly recommended.