By Chance

Pub Date 30 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 15 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #sigalehrlich #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A sizzling romance under wraps – what do you do when the sparks are too bright to hide?

There’s so much going on in Vicky’s life. A demanding job as the only female VP at a male-dominated company, good times with her tight-knit group of best ladies, and of course, her fabulous dating life. A committed relationship is somewhere near the bottom of Vicky’s list of life goals. A massive fan of new beginnings and the thrill of being swooned off her feet, Vicky has the perfect formula: date, for a limited period, and never exclusively.

Not many people go to sleep anonymous and wake up the next morning a worldwide sensation. With a voice that melts hearts, and a dangerously lethal smile, Ricky’s overnight fame means he can have anyone he wants, but the one he wants isn’t into a serious relationship. To make matters worse, pursuing her goes against his record contract stipulation to remain single.

Opposites don’t simply attract – they detonate.

When a forbidden sizzling affair sparks between the music industry’s newest heartthrob and an ambitious corporate world prodigy, it brings along an ageless question – would you give up your dreams for a chance with The One?

EDITION Ebook
PRICE 2.99

This book has it all - a ride-or-die group of strong female friends, a powerful connection between the two main characters as they wrestle with their attraction even when circumstance tries to keep them apart, and even a little bit of rock and roll. It's a book that I couldn't put down. I already can't wait for the next in the series!

Not my usual type of book but I’m glad I gave it a try. I’ll definitely be reading more by this author! Well done.

An equally excellent read as it's predecessor. Ehrlich has a knack for amazing character development and engrossing plotlines. While this could easily be read as a standalone, it was so much fun to rejoin the Poison and Wine crew and witness more of their hilarious interactions as a group. Victoria is a no-nonsense professional in the office and a woman on a mission for fun and pleasure after hours. She has no time or desire for monogamy and is happy with her 'harem' when the need to scratch an itch arises.. So when Ricky a hotter than sin rockstar in the making shows up one day and shows her one of the best nights of her life without getting physical her guard immediately goes up. She's not looking to catch feels, there are reasons she's closed herself off and no one has gotten past yet why should Ricky be any different. Ricky never believed in love at first sight, that is until he met Victoria. One night of talking, sharing, getting to know one another and he was hooked. He sees she has built up walls of steel around her heart, but he's up for the challenge because he knows she's worth it. But fate has one more hurdle in store for him when his musical career takes off overnight and suddenly the guy looking for nothing more than monogamy with the girl of his dreams will have to appear as a bad boy/player in the press. As if things weren't complicated enough in winning over a woman with enough baggage to fill LAX, now he has to convince her to drop her harem all while publicly appearing to have his own. This was filled with laughs, realistic life obstacles, and the fear that comes with opening up your heart along with the magic that accompanies it.

I love this fast paced romance. Both the main characters are the people you love to root for. I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen. Highly recommend this one!

When I got this book on Netgally I wasn't aware it was the second in a series. I always feel the need to read the first when this happens but oh well. This book definitely stands alone though without the need to read the first to understand which I appreciate. This book was super cute! There were a lot of side pieces that seemed unnecessary, but overall I still liked it and there were funny parts. 3.5!