From award-winning author Nghi Vo comes a dazzling new novel where immortality is just a casting call away
An Indie Next Pick!
A LibraryReads Top Ten Pick!
A Best of May Pick by Amazon | Apple Books | B&N Booksellers | LibraryReads | TIME Magazine | The Philadelphia Inquirer | Publishers Weekly | Buzzfeed | Chicago Review of Books | LitHub | BookRiot | Paste Magazine | Bookish | The Mary Sue
A Most Anticipated in 2022 Pick for The Washington Post | Polygon | PopSugar | Bustle | Ms Magazine | Autostraddle
It was magic. In every world, it was a kind of magic.
“No maids, no funny talking, no fainting flowers.” Luli Wei is beautiful, talented, and desperate to be a star. Coming of age in pre-Code Hollywood, she knows how dangerous the movie business is and how limited the roles are for a Chinese American girl from Hungarian Hill—but she doesn't care. She’d rather play a monster than a maid.
But in Luli's world, the worst monsters in Hollywood are not the ones on screen. The studios want to own everything from her face to her name to the women she loves, and they run on a system of bargains made in blood and ancient magic, powered by the endless sacrifice of unlucky starlets like her. For those who do survive to earn their fame, success comes with a steep price. Luli is willing to do whatever it takes—even if that means becoming the monster herself.
Siren Queen offers up an enthralling exploration of an outsider achieving stardom on her own terms, in a fantastical Hollywood where the monsters are real and the magic of the silver screen illuminates every page.
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National author tour
- Cover reveal on Tor.com
- National advertising campaign, targeting Nghi Vo’s fans, readers of The Chosen and the Beautiful, and historical fiction and fantasy readers, and venues such as Goodreads, BookRiot, Autostraddle, and AdBliblo
- Pre-pub buzz campaign, including trade and consumer advertising
- Early-reader review promotion via NetGalley, Shelf Awareness, BookishFirst, and Goodreads
- Indie Next campaign
- Digital marketing campaigns, potentially including bookstagrammer promotion, content reveals, author videos, virtual events, newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, custom social assets
- Library marketing campaign
- Digital preview
- Coverage on Tor.com blog and social media platforms
- Special promotions tied to major conferences and festivals, such as San Diego Comic-Con, New York Comic Con, and Emerald City Comic Con