It's Up to Us

Building a Brighter Future for Nature, People & Planet (The Children's Terra Carta)

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Publisher Spotlight, What on Earth Books

Talking about this book? Use #ItsUptoUs #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“Children have a unique curiosity for Nature and for this amazing planet we call home.” So writes HRH The Prince of Wales in his introduction to It’s Up to Us: A Children’s Terra Carta for Nature, People and Planet.

Join His Royal Highness, author Christopher Lloyd, and 33 amazing award-winning artists from around the world on a beautiful, lyrical, and thought-provoking voyage through Nature, the threats we face, and an action plan for the future.

It’s Up to Us is based on the Terra Carta, a roadmap to sustainability issued by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales and his Sustainable Markets Initiative. The story explains in lyrical text how Nature operates in a world without humans. It then shows the damaging impact People have had on the Planet. It finishes by proposing a series of new pledges that we can all make – a Terra Carta – to help solve the problems.

This book has been developed in partnership with The Prince’s Foundation, a charity established by HRH The Prince of Wales to demonstrate how Nature can be put at the heart of human activities. Half of all the proceeds from sales will go directly to the work of the charity, based at Dumfries House in Scotland, UK.

Printed in Canada on 30% recycled FSC paper with vegetable inks, and all carbon impacts of the production have been offset through sustainable forestry programs.

ISBN 9781913750565

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy. I enjoyed the varying illustrations even more than the text, and the non-fiction text was excellent! The reading level is just right for elementary students. I like how the book is organized by chapters, but it is not too long of a book. Practical information and steps for helping take care of the world are discussed in child-friendly ways. There is diversity in the people depicted in the illustrations. I will definitely recommend this book for our science libraries.