Far to Go

Pub Date 08 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 29 Mar 2022
Harper 360, HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

Talking about this book? Use #FartoGo #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Margaret Thursday, the unforgettable heroine of Thursday’s Child stars in this classic children’s adventure from Noel Streatfeild, the beloved author of Ballet Shoes.

When Margaret Thursday lands a role as a child actress at a well-known London theatre, becoming famous almost overnight, news of her success reaches her bitter enemy, the matron of her old orphanage.

Margaret knows that Matron is set on revenge, but she keeps her head held high, focusing on the play. But Matron’s evil plans are well prepared, and Margaret is going to need her wits about her – and the help of her friends – if she is to escape unharmed…

When...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This was delightful. My daughters and I all enjoyed it! The plot was well-paced and was captivating to the very end. The characters were charming and developed. This is one we'll return to again and again. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

A real thrill to go back to my childhood favorite and read this unknown book! Thank you!! Any child who has read the ballet books should find this book appealing as well... and any parents or grandparents who loved those books will love sharing it with them.

In this continuation of Thursday's Child by Noel Streatfield, Margaret Thursday pursues her dream of stardom, landing a part in a well-known London theater. Unfortunately, word travels quickly and she soon finds herself being followed by an old enemy. Will Margret and her friends be able to outwit Matron before it's too late? Or will Margaret's dreams be taken away from her?

I was thrilled to see this book being published after reviewing the first title in the series. Streatfield has a wonderful talent for writing well-paced novels. The characters are believable and endearing. The story is filled with adventure and twists. The plot is clean while still being engaging. I just love the style of this author. In a market saturated with ill-formed characters and low morals, Streatfield's writing stands above and beyond. I wouldn't hesitate to share this one with any of my kids from ages 9 to early teens. This will be a title that we'll enjoy again and again.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review. All opinions are my own.

I saw this book while scrolling for Historical Romances, but I love a good children's book every now and then, especially since I haven't seen a Historical children's book before. Margaret's backstory was a bit confusing to understand at the beginning, but it was a fun and easy read, and I definitely would have read this when I was younger.