To Love and Be Loved

Pub Date 11 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 25 Jan 2022
Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #ToLoveandBeLoved #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Young and...

A Note From the Publisher

Amanda Prowse is an international bestselling author of twenty-eight novels published in dozens of languages. Her chart-topping titles What Have I Done?, Perfect Daughter, My Husband’s Wife, The Coordinates of Loss, The Girl in the Corner and The Things I Know have sold millions of copies around the world.

Other novels by Amanda Prowse include A Mother’s Story, which won the coveted Sainsbury’s eBook of the Year Award. Perfect Daughter was selected as a World Book Night title in 2016. She has been described by the Daily Mail as ‘the queen of family drama’.

Amanda is the most prolific writer of bestselling contemporary fiction in the UK today. Her titles consistently score the highest online review approval ratings across several genres.

A popular TV and radio personality, Amanda is a regular panellist on Channel 5’s Jeremy Vine show, as well as featuring on numerous daytime ITV programmes. She also makes countless guest appearances on national and independent radio stations, including LBC and talkRADIO, where she is well known for her insightful observations and infectious humour.

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781542024785
PRICE £8.99 (GBP)

To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse Young and desperately in love, Merrin had the whole world ahead of her. But just as her new life was about to start, the ground beneath her feet was cruelly swept away. Devastated by the humiliation, she ran far away from the beloved fishing village she had always called home to lick her wounds and escape her gossiping friends and neighbours. It hasn’t been easy, but six years later Merrin has forged a new life for herself far from the sea, burying the impulsive girl she once was. But when tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to return to the village she swore she’d never set foot in again. To Love and Be loved. Isn't that what we as humans strive for ? That and our health. Once again the author has captured what being alive is all about. We follow Merrin , who as a young girl and in love ,but flees from her village and makes a new life. Although Merrin exasperated me at times , I really enjoyed reading her story.

Mersin wants to love and to be loved. That’s not too much to ask is it? Well it seems that sometimes it may be too much to ask. So Mersin runs away to escape the devastation, the humiliation and the heartbreak. And she vows she will never go back, never face those people again, never hear the gossip, never relive the pain. And for six years Mersin keeps her word and starts to successfully build a new life for herself whilst burying the past, the pain, the humiliation deep in her heart. But ultimately she has to go back, and she finds something she never expected to find. . . A story about humanity, life affirming grace and unexpected champions. It’s a really lovely book, very warm and absorbing

This book follows Merrin Kellow, but also focuses on her family. Merrin wants to love and be loved. She ends up leaving her family and hometown after a humiliating experience to start anew. In her new location, she works on healing her heart (and psyche). A number of years later she returns home and discovers that while things are difficult, maybe they're bearable with the love of your family, yourself, and time. I'm hoping that my impression about this book is in the minority. I wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. I don't know if I expected more, for lack of a better word, action (or maybe oomph?), but this book while constantly moving forward in the story, at times took its sweet slow time. This is a really sweet story about a sweet family (including a few amusing sibling rivalry scenes) and a number of great side characters (Bella - I'd like to have a coffee with you and just listen to you talk). I would read another book by this author, but this book, sadly, just missed the mark for me. Oh, another huge plus - a non-graphic romance story ... and a pretty happy ending for all involved that is believable. 3.5 stars.

When I think of literary fiction, I think of books just like this one, that gives all the feels and can satisfies just about every reader's heart. This is a perfect books to snuggle up with on any day. I loved it.

Merrin loves a beautiful life surrounded by her family. She’s about to marry the love of her love, but on her wedding day events most definitely do not go as planned. Heartbroken, Merrin moves away from her beloved family to make a new life for herself, returning only when events mean she absolutely has to. This is beautiful story of love and loss.

After a humiliating experience and hating to be the village gossip, Merrin leaves her beloved family and the fishing village of Port Charles in Cornwall behind her. But thoughts of what she left behind are always at the forefront of her mind. Can she overcome the humiliation and return to the loving arms of her family. As with all of Amanda's books I really enjoyed Merrins story, although I did question some of her decisions, I loved the friendship she had with Bella and the close family ties. Amanda writes with such feeling and compassion and I cried tears of laughter and sorrow. Tissues needed. Many thanks to Netgalley and publishers for the opportunity to read this advanced copy, I am under no obligation to write this review

Oh, Amanda Prowse, you've done it again! I was hooked on the story of Merrin from the moment I started reading. She was born and has lived in the same Cornish Fishing village of Port Charles, her whole life, and intends to spend the rest of it, there, too. On the cusp of beginning the next chapter of her life, Merrin is convinced her life is headed in exactly the right direction. Until the one thing she never expected to happen, happens. Filled with humiliation, Merrin flees her beloved hometown to forget her sorrows, but with a huge sense of regret at leaving her family behind. Nothing can convince her to come back, not even the death of her grandma... Nothing, until her sister gets married. Where do I start? Merrin is a beautiful character, full of hope, romance and life. It broke my heart to read how she crumbled, along with all her dreams, on that fateful day. And feeling that she was never going to find anything close to the love she had felt at the time, the story grows, showing how she hardens her heart to feelings too intense, pushing away so many people who love her, romantically, and otherwise. However, life does move in mysterious ways, and despite losses, she finds her perfect ending. I loved Merrin's best friend, Bella, a lot. What I wouldn't give to have a Bella by my side! A consuming read which I finished in a day. Many thanks to NetGalley and Amazon Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is a book about love, romance, and disappointment. The main character leaves home when a romance fails miserably…the story centers around her new life and that of her family back home…the angst she endures over what happened to her remains for a long time…until finally it does not…her parents love and adore her and her sister…a sweet read…this book was sent to me for review electronically by Netgalley.

A really lovely read again from Amanda Prowse. Set in Cornwall a fabulous location it's the story of the Kellow family and sisters Merrin and Ruby they have a great family life with their parents Ben a fisherman and Heather .When the worst thing happens to Merrin on what was supposed to be her wedding day she leaves home and tries to start a new life for herself as it's too painful for her to stay . This is a story of family, friendships and relationships and at the heart of the story is love that shines throughout the story,.Its got that great humour that I love about this writer but also emotion and feelings that draw you into the characters lives. The Kellow girls finally know what it's like to love and be loved. A 5 🌟read

Amanda Prowse, To Love and Be Loved, Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing, 2022. Thank you NetGalley, for proving me with this uncorrected proof in exchange for a review. Amanda Prowse sets this novel in a fishing village in Cornwall, and a market town close to Bristol. The fishing families are close knit, with the novel concentrating on two of these families, the Kellows and the Cardys who live in fishing cottages, and the Mortimers who are a wealthy biscuit factory family who live in a Palladian Clifton home. With its size, gardens, employment of staff and education of the son of the house, the Mortimers are established as different from the village people who are largely fishers, and shopkeepers. A romance between Merrin Kellow and Digby Mortimer begins the novel – with the attitudes of the couple, their families and the village presenting a conflict with descriptions of Merrin in her jeans, T shirts and trainers. At times I felt as though I was reading an historical novel rather than one set in modern times. Perhaps this disconnect arises because of what I felt was the over emphasis on love of the village, the small community that appears so closed to change, a lack of ambition beyond the possibilities offered by the village, and the belief that people cannot love and marry outside their social circle. The potential conflict between Merrin’s and Digby’s families, provides a background to the narrative. However, at the forefront is a largely unexplained tension between Merrin and her sister, Ruby. At the same time Merrin, Ruby and Bella form a strong friendship group. Similarly, Lorretta Mortimer and Heather Kellow have a relationship, formally as mistress and staff, but as the novel proceeds, shown to be a little more complex. This complexity is also apparent in the various love affairs conducted by the three young women as the main feature of the novel, but also as part of the background to each of the main families. To Love and Be Loved deals with love in its various manifestations – long term married love, past and present love between couples which is thwarted through family disapproval and interference, a short-term affair that produces a pregnancy, and a love that upon maturity changes its attention from one person to another. Each of these threads work well together. The images of Cornwall were entrancing, and the descriptions of village traditions and personalities were enlightening in their recognition of a world that appears to have moved slowly, with appreciation of past work and lifestyles. This is not a novel that I warmed to, perhaps because I was unable to feel for the characters whose lives seemed so enclosed. For me many of the ideas were of the past rather than present. However, my limited knowledge of Cornwall has possibly impacted on my understanding of a lifetime in this special part of the English coast. I found this an easy read, with some illuminating perspectives on the impact of shock and rejection on individuals and families, and an introduction to yet another aspect of English community, practice and location.

Amanda Prowse is my go-to author when I need romance, complicated emotions, intense yet subtle drama, and a keen understanding of human relationships. To Love and Be Loved is her latest release due out in January 2022, but I received an early copy through NetGalley. I've read at least ten of her books thus far, and there are at least another ten from the last decade that I must still get to. Trust me, I will... I already purchased three and plan to read one a month until I'm fully caught up by the end of 2022. Merry is from a small coastal town in England. She lives with her sister, two parents, and grandmother. She and Digby, late teens/early twenties, are madly in love. He proposes, and when the wedding day arrives, something unexpected happens. Years later, Merry has left her hometown and started fresh in a bigger city. Her career grows, and she meets someone new, but it's not the same. She misses her family and friends, yet they also weigh her down, as does the stigma of what happened on her almost-wedding day. How can a beautiful, kind, generous, and wonderful young woman ever recover? This is not a suspense or quick-moving novel. Prowse alternates a bit of time periods, stopping right when you really want to know what's about to happen, tho. It builds your interest without giving you scary palpitations... because you will love Merry and her view on life. She comes out of a tragedy with a positive mindset, despite the pain. And she accepts all the drama thrown at her, finding a way to heal. We can all learn from her. Of course, she makes mistakes too. But this is where Prowse excels; she builds truly realistic characters and dangles them out there for you to connect with. I might not live in England, be a jilted lover, come from a poor background, or have wandered out all on my own, but I identify with how Merry feels. I liked how the ending doesn't wrap things up, instead offering opportunities to consider. I enjoyed the drama within a set of relatives, where there is anger and love, sadness and happiness, reality and unforced exaggeration - things that exist in every family. I wouldn't start with this novel, if you haven't read Prowse before... but definitely slot this one in somewhere early on. It's a fantastic character study, and I definitely see it as 4.5 stars.

Amanda Prowse is one of my favourite authors and I always can't wait to start one of her books, as they are always a treat. This one was no exception. I was immediately drawn into the story of Merrin. I loved her character and felt heartbroken for her. I loved the family relationships in the story - Merrin and her sister remind me of my relationship with my sister. As with most of Amanda's books, tissues were needed. I could clearly picture the Cornish location and this makes me want a Cornish holiday again soon. I couldn't put this down and finished it over the weekend. I can't recommend this and all of Amanda's other books highly enough. Perfect for a cosy afternoon on the sofa with a cuppa and cake. Fabulous - I can't wait for the next one!

Another amazing read from Amanda Prowse. A real page turner and beautifully written story. I loved all the characters and loved Merrin's story. It was so sad she felt she had to leave the place she loved to get away from a humiliation that was not of her making. It was a real tear jearker at times with lovely stories of true love. The tragic loss of her Father and his letter to his daughters was heartbreaking.

Well what can I say, Amanda has smashed it again,A beautiful heartwarming story with great charecters that were very easy to get to know and love, I'm always gutted when finishing one of my favourite authors books

Another fantastic book by Amanda Prowse. She never fails to write great stories that we can all relate to. Warning: do not read on the train, like I did!

Another 5 star book I don't know how Amanda Prowse manages to keep writing such amazing books This was another emotional read and was a tear jerker in a few places, (tissues may be needed) I loved the real community feel that reading this book gives, the description of the place and the people there make you almost feel a part of it. Thank you Amanda for still writing such incredible books. Thank you netgalley

Love comes in different disguises. Amanda has written a lovely story that deals with love, loss and loyalty. The main story crux of the story is Merrin and her family in a small Cornish fishing village. The story takes us through heartbreak, rediscovery and the hidden past. A great feel good which I'm sure everyone will be able to identify with one character.

Another former by the talented Amanda Prowse. I devoured this book as it is a lovely tale with lovely characters that drew me in. The Cornish setting is just perfect for this story of love, betrayals, loss and most of all families.

Merrin loves her life, her town, her fiancé, her family and the future she is planning. That is until she is left at the alter. Wanting not to be around for the gossip mongers, she leaves her hometown and tries to start over. This book is about love, loss , family, forgiveness and starting over. Written as only this author can beautifully write. I did enjoy this book. I loved Merrin she was as her dad said “ as much glass as steel”. Strong and fragile at the same time !

I have read and loved every one of Amanda’s books and this was no exception. Very heartwarming in places but also loss and betrayal made for an amazing read. I loved the characters who I could really relate to and Amanda’s description of the setting in Cornwall was the icing on the cake. I’m sad to finish this book and can’t wait for the next one. Hope we don’t have to wait too long!!

What a book! It was so good I didn’t want to put it down. I’ll be recommending it for my Book Club along with reading more by this author. Well written.

I really enjoyed this book! This story is more than about romance, it is also about loss, grieving, forgiveness, and starting again. I can relate to the main character , I am also a family-oriented person that's why I understand her priorities and love for her family. This is my first time reading Amanda Prowse's work, and I was not aware that I should prepare tissues with me!

I sometimes felt I was reading a historical novel. It was only when I read that Merrin was using a mobile, partway through, that I realised the story was set in modern day. It was so old-fashioned - the girls were all so old-fashioned in their attitudes, their main goal in life to marry, make a home, have kids. I didn't really warm to Merrin. Yes, what happened to her was terrible, but her subsequent actions were OTT. There were overlong passages, and it was saccharine sweet at times, all about home sweet home. I did like the description of the scenery. Bella's character was great. I also thought the ending to be realistic. With thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Merrin and her family live in a beautiful coastal fishing village in Cornwall. She can’t imagine ever leaving, her roots are tethered to the land she loves. Everything seems perfect when she meets the man of her dreams- Digby, the son of a wealthy local landowner- and he asks her to marry him. As the wedding day approaches, tension spirals between Merrin and her older sister, Ruby, causing a dark cloud over the fairytale story of the rich boy and the fisherman’s daughter. But then Merrin is left at the alter and her idyllic life falls apart. Hurt and demoralized by the well-meaning village gossip, Merrin does the unthinkable and flees her home. Years pass as Merrin tries to regain her lost confidence. She has a relationship with a kindhearted, handsome chef, but her heart is still damaged, and she can’t fully invest in the relationship. It takes a wedding and a devastating loss before Merrin finally faces her fears and can move on with her life. I enjoyed the rich coastal setting and the captivating characters in this story but felt Merrin overreacted to an admittedly horrible event. It cost her dearly in the end. I also couldn’t accept the last-minute addition of a love interest who becomes the love of her life- all in the last chapter or two of the book. I think it would have read better if she woke to the realization of how much the chef meant to her. Overall, an enjoyable read.

Thank you NetGalley for my advance Ebook, To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse. I am a fan of this author and she did not disappoint with this one! Merrin gets stood up at the alter and needs to rebuild her life and her confidence. Luckily, she has great friends and family that stand behind her and support her leaving home to accomplish this in hopes she returns stronger. Although, I did feel this book dragged at times, I enjoyed the characters and was a little surprised at the ending. I will be recommending this book for my book club.

Another Amanda Prowse book I enjoyed although I did find with this one there were just too many tears and grief. Romance on so many different levels plus the solidarity of families and friendships. I did find the main character, Merrin, a little weak and frustrating at times but there were some terrific peripheral ones. Somewhat old fashioned overall with the scenes in Cornwall stuck in a time warp but enchanting nonetheless. The ending was a little unexpected and rushed but then again, some of the earlier passages were a little drawn out particularly all the teary ones!

Amanda Prowse never disappoints and I LOVED her latest, To Love and Be Loved. Loved this story, loved the characters and loved the setting. Might be the favorite of mine to date! Thank you to net galley for the arc in exchange of an honest review.

I absolutely love Amanda’s books and To Love and Be Loved wasn’t any different. Merrin lives in a quaint little Cornish village and about to marry the love of her life. Getting jilted at the altar wasn’t what she expects to find when she arrived at the church! Devastated, she realised she needs to move away if she is to get over it. Will she ever come back to the village? I found the book a little old fashioned at times but then I realised that many quiet villages are a little slower at getting with the times! A lovely read

To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse is the story of Merrin Mercy Kellow, a young woman from Cornwall, England who finds the love of her life only to have it dashed away at the last minute in humiliating fashion. Unable to stay in her small village where she's the talk of the town, she takes off to recover, to sort out her life and to discover what she wants and if she can live away from the land and people she loves. Eventually she returns, but can she ever be happy there again? Amanda Prowse once again hits it out of the park with a heartfelt novel filled with love and compassion. You won't want to put this one down...her descriptions of the Cornish landscapes will speak to your heart. Thank you to the author, Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for my honest review.

This author is one of my favourites and I was so excited to be able to start to read this and as always was blown away by this authors ability to be able to get right to the heart of human emotion. This was a book above love and being in love and also the consequences of love breaking down and learning to love yourself again. I couldn’t put this down once I had started reading and read it in a couple of days and felt like I had been transported to the Cornish village it was set in. I would love a sequel to this to see how merrins journey in life continues

3 Stars One-Liner: Some great side characters, but not enough. *Minority Opinion* Merrin was in love and excited to marry her beau, Digby. She could see her entire future with her family and Digby in Port Charles, Cornwall. It was her home, after all. But the day of the wedding leaves her shattered and vulnerable. Merrin leaves her home in the fishing village to rebuild her life. Six years have passed, and Merrin has a life of her own away from home. She doesn’t want to go back but has no choice when a tragedy strikes. Merrin realizes what she missed by leaving her community and dear ones and changing into someone she isn’t. Back home, Merrin has to decide who she is and what she wants from life. What does her future hold? Is she willing to move on and be truly happy? I’ve had some of the author’s previous books on my TBR list for a while. When this one showed up in the Read Now section on NetGalley, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Plus Points: • Ruby (Merrin’s older sister) and Bella (Merrin’s bestie) are two fab characters in the book. Merrin’s mother was just as good. • The tension between Ruby and Merrin is a highlight of the book. • Women have a larger role to play (as expected) throughout. They are the decision-makers. • Beautiful descriptions of Cornwall. Something different from the city/ small town descriptions I usually read. Not-so Plus Points: • The narration is too slow. I understand slow beginnings, but this one is slow from start to finish. At no point did I want to read fast to know what happened next. The story went its own sweet way. • Despite Ruby being painted as the insecure sister, Merrin seemed self-absorbed in many scenes. It was about her most of the time. Even when I understood what she went through, I couldn’t continue feeling sad for her for the rest of the book. • Multiple POVs (in the limited third person) but none for Ruby. I wanted to know her more. She seemed more real and vulnerable than many others. • No clear indication for time leaps. We won’t know that a few months/ years have passed until we read the first 2-4 paragraphs in a chapter. Makes it a little hard to track the timeline. • The happy ending was good, but bringing a new love interest in the last chapter somehow didn’t work for me. Given what Merrin repeats throughout the book, it felt surreal. • Some weird adverbs (I forgot to note them but I remember wondering why they had to be used). To sum up, To Love and Be Loved has its merits but hasn’t been a noteworthy read for me. Pick it up if you want something slow and sedate with bursts of emotions. Thank you, NetGalley, Amazon Publishing UK, and Lake Union Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

this was such a sweet and precious book, i will keep it close to my heart for always. thank you netgalley for always blessing me with beautiful books.

Merrin and her family live in Cornwall. When she faces devastation in a situation in her life, Merry decides to move away from her home, family, and friends. After a time, filled with many ups and downs, she begins to realize that she is still blessed with many who love her, leading her to an eventual life filled with love.

Thank you to Amanda Prowse and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an early copy. I’ve read several of Amanda’s books and thoroughly enjoy her writing. We all want to Love and Be Loved. In this story we find a young couple (Merrin and Digby) in a small fishing village, madly in love and ready to be married. He comes from wealth and she is the daughter of a fisherman. Life doesn’t always work out as we imagine it. Merrin flees her beloved village and settles into a new life for many years until tragedy calls her home. Sibling discord, well-kept secrets, confessions, forgiveness and love. Another smashing novel by Amanda Prowse!

I hold my hands up and say that Amanda Prowse as one of my favourite authors, she never fails to produce fantastic books and I’m always looking forward to any new books she writes.. Amanda has such a unique gift of understanding and explaining everyday lives and events which makes the reader connect to the characters so easily. As I was reading the book I was matching some of the characters to people that I know in my life and the similarities were remarkable. Also some of the life experiences I have had were so well portrayed it was like the author could read my mind. Overall this book was about love. being in love and the consequences of love breaking down. The absolute heartbreak of a breakup was so well portrayed it brought tears to my eyes. I felt so much for the main character Merrin. I was hoping she would find her happy ending. How our roots and upbringing impact on our lives and choices were also beautifully explored. I really loved the Cornish setting and I could imagine the sea breeze on my face as I turned the pages. I was sad to finish this book and can only say Amanda you have done it again, I don’t know how you manage to write books each one unique but each one equally brilliant.. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for my chance to lose myself in this fantastic book

another good story from Amanda Prowse. She does not disappoint a very good read.. Thanks NetGalley and the Publisher

Amanda never fails to create likeable characters who have you rooting for them, and Merrin is no exception. I was instantly taken to the Cornish coast and involved in the lives of the lovely characters I found there. Another very enjoyable read from one of my favourite authors.

Mending Your Heart This is a remarkable story of family love and of a small town. Scandals, rumors and a wedding that didn't happen. It is about forgiveness and letting go, about learning to live and love after your heat has been broken and you have been humiliated and devastated by one that you loved and trusted with all your heart. It is a story of returning home to a family and a town that loves you as much as you love it. When Merrin is left at the altar waiting for the groom that never shows she is completely heartbroken. She moves away and starts a new life far from her family and the lovely seaside village she grew up in and loved with all her heart. It is only the death of her beloved father that brings her home. Once home she realized this is where she belongs and decides to stay. However along the way she must mend her heart as she once again rebuilds her life and regains her confidence. Only when she confronts those that hurt her so badly and forgives them can she find peace. I really loved this story of love and hope amongst heartbreaking events. It is truly a wonderful story and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. I recommend this book. Thanks to Amanda Prowse for writing a great story, Lake Union Publishing and Amazon Publishing U.K. for publishing it and to NetGalley for making it available to me.

Any book by Amanda Prowse is guaranteed to be a good read and this one is no exception. Her characters are always so well described that you feel like you know them. Merrin was a lovely character and I felt such pain and sympathy for her but it all worked out for her in the end. Great description of Cornwall and all round great story. Five stars from me and highly recommended. Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read an early ARC

A funny bittersweet read filled with moments of heartbreaking loss but the relationship between Merrin, Ruby and Bella adds a sense of humour to the story ,Amanda wrote in the back of the book that She wants to write the type of story that the reader finds difficult to leave down and She does that time and time again, while I was at work, I was thinking about the book and while I’m not always keen on a happy ever after, it was justified in this book.

Another lovely story from Amanda Prowse, set in Cornwall beautifully descripted with characters you want to read more about. Thank you netgalley for the advance copy

The story Merrin, daughter of a fisherman in a small Cornish coastal village, is young and in love with her fiancé Digby, whose family is wealthy and live in the Old Rectory “big house”. But the unthinkable happens when she is stood up at the altar on her wedding day. She leaves the village and doesn’t return until two years later. She can’t deal with the whole village gossiping about her and her family’s shame. My thoughts This story takes place over a six year period and deals with love, friendship and loss. It’s an entertaining story, thoughtful about the emotional side of families taking care of each other through thick and thin. I felt that Merrin took so much time (the whole story 🙈) to lick her emotional wounds for something that for me, really wasn’t her fault 😞

'I believe you, I thought we were on the same page, but turns out we weren't even reading the same book.' 'Words are easy like the wind, faithful friends are hard to find." William Shakespeare said that.' Turns out her dad had been right when he wrote: When you're ready and you've done enough adventuring and figuring out, come home, Merrin. Come back to Port Charles, this little place where your spirit linger even after you have driven off in Vera Wilma Brown. Walk the beach barefoot in all weathers, my little maid, and let yourself be. Be open to what is right in front of your very eyes and let yourself be happy. Those three things were the ones that really took my heart hostage while reading this beautiful book. Amanda Prowse has written her best book yet. It will capture your heart and keep you turning the pages. You will laugh, cry, want to scream. You will feel so much reading this book. It's just a beautiful yet sad story. But that is love at times. Beautiful and sad. My take away from this book is to never ever give up on love. Always hold on to your heart. Keep your mind open to things that can and do happen. Merrin is the main character in this book. She goes through so much and you will feel for her. She is so much stronger than she thinks though. After the heartaches and losses she still runs barefoot on the beach. She still loves deeply the people that she holds close and dear. She's a survivor. I really liked her so much. This book is about surviving a very sad situation and prevailing. Finding yourself after a loss that is so unexpected. The family in this story, the Kellows, are a tight family. A simple family. They are there for each other even when it seems like they aren't. The two sisters, Merrin and Ruby, may fight but they also love each other fiercely. Their parents had a love that would never end. They set an example for their girls that love is wonderful. That love, true love, always prevails. Always wins. No matter what. Even with so much adversity in her life Merrin knows this. But she is holding back, until. This story will stick with you. It will make you stop and think. Stop and take notice. It will make you believe in things. It's written in such a beautiful way. The words just flow off the pages straight to your heart. Even the very saddest parts when you will cry those big fat ugly tears you always get from a Prowse book will make you want more. Keep you turning the pages. All the way to the very end you will hope things end perfectly for Merrin. There are a couple of characters in here that I truly despised. Even after I read what they had to say I was not happy with them. Some things should not ever be tampered with. But that would have made this book different so it's really done to perfection in my humble opinion. The would be mother in law did finally grow on me a tad. Not a lot, but a bit. As much as I didn't want to like her, she had some good points. I felt for her a little. Thank you #NetGalley, #AmandaProwse, #AmazonPublishingUK, #LakeUnionPublishing for this ARC. This is my own true feelings about this book. 5/5 huge, big, giant stars from me and the very highest recommendation possible. Read it. Have lots and lots of tissues though. You may need them.

What a roller coaster of emotions. Merrin goes through some thing that shocks her world and hasn't seemed to find her true north again and felt whole. She picks up and moves to try and find herself but has constant reminders. Then she comes face to face with her past.....

3.5 stars I loved the storyline, characters (especially Bella) but the story seemed to move a bit a bit too slow for my liking. My heart broke for Merrin and the humiliation she had to go through. I cried while reading the scene where she is being consoled and is still in denial that her Digby could ever put her through something so embarrassing. I admired her strength, her will, and her pride. There was a good amount of emotion in the writing but the speed of the story (also the immature Ruby) made me take away those stars. Overall, it was a good read!

I love Amanda Prowse's books and she is one of my favourite authors. This was another winner in my eyes and I was totally absorbed in the story all the way through. Firstly, I loved the landscape of beautiful Cornwall and as it's one of my most loved holiday locations I revelled in the descriptions of the place and its people. I really engaged with the characters - most of who were warm and wonderful which gave the book a homely and comforting feel. Merrin's parents, sister and best friend were all so very likeable. There is a lot of sadness in this book as Merrin, suffers a number of losses and then has to try to get herself back on track to rebuild a life wherein she can love again. Although I felt desperately sorry for Merrin there were times that I wanted to sit her down and have a good talk with her as her actions and choices had such a terrible effect on her family and friends - the ripple effect of her own situation and inability to come to terms with it affecting the lives of so many of the people she loved. Over a period of six years many lives were changed and opportunities lost as she centred solely on her own problems and was unaware how this impacted on her family. I had to keep reading long into the night as I wanted to see how it all turned out and whether the ending would reveal happier times for her and her loved ones after all the turmoil of recent years. Amanda Prowse writes beautifully and she has the ability to draw in the reader. I was hooked from page one. I just can't get enough of her books and look forward to her next one. My thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.

“Young and desperately in love, Merrin (Merry) had the whole world ahead of her. But just as her new life was about to start, the ground beneath her feet was cruelly swept away. Devastated by the humiliation, she ran far away from the beloved fishing village she had always called home to lick her wounds and escape her gossiping friends and neighbours.” I struggled to take a liking to the centre character Merry she can across as very self centred and self absorbed who was more worried about what others thought about her than anything else. The characters around her including her parents, sister Ruby and friends Jarv and Bella and their relationships were fantastically written and definitely added to the unfolding story and kept me reading till the end. Due to the writing style you can feel yourself being immersed in the Cornwall scenery and the fishing village in which it is set, the story appears very slow at times and you find yourself lost at times within the timeline and how much time has passed, whereas the addition of a new love interest for Merry right at the end feels very rushed. Overall this was a very readable story with a fantastic setting, but it was the back characters that kept me reading more than Merry herself and if more had been included to form a greater understanding of the relationships that were already there it may have made it easier to relate to Merry and her personality. I would like to thank the author Amanda Prowse, Amazon Publishing and NetGalley for allowing me access to this free Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for my honest review. #ToLoveandBeLoved #NetGalley

Another great story by this author. She has become a favorite one to read. Her stories are all very different, places, subject matter, yet all captured my attention the same way as she has very strong characters that draw me in from the beginning. This one is set in a small fishing village, where Merrins family is well known, but when something happens, that humiliates her, she decides to leave the village to avoid being the talk of the town. Being away just made Merrin miss her family and village even more and when tragedy struck, she had no other choice than to return and face what she had also run away from, to be there for the people she loves. What a great storyteller this author is, I have now read 5 of her books and I can't wait to read another. I would like to thank NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for a copy of this book.

🌊A Cornwall gal, now & forever🏘🌅 My experience of Amanda Prowse's novels, gained over the past few years, had me eagerly anticipating this book. It's replete with family drama and romantic disappointments, but the basic underpinning is a deep-seated love for the small seaside town with its natural beauty and tight community where lead character Merrin finds her strength and soul satisfaction. In the end, life does go on with some happy resolution for a number of key characters, including Merrin. It's not my favorite Prowse story. The narrative is a bit long and I can't say I deeply connected with any of the characters. Merrin suffers a terrible, wrenching upset at the start of the story and the remainder of the book is her slow, painful recovery with numerous setbacks and loss along the way. But she remains true to the belief that love needs to be deep, all encompassing for both partners, like the love of her parents. She won't settle for less. She has her close family and friend Bella at her back, constant and loyal, and the knowledge that Port Charles, the town of her humiliating history, is also her only true home. A worthwhile, well-written read. Thanks to Amazon Publishing UK/Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for sharing a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest opinion.

Drama,Rumors and living in a small town. Merlin is heartbroken humiliated when she’s left standing at the alter. She then decides to move away to try to start a new life when she hast to come back home again due to her father‘s death. Can she stay in her hometown again after all that has happened? I really enjoyed this story of heartbreak Romance and hope

This book is set in Cornwall, my favourite place in the world, and the author captures the atmosphere perfectly. I almost believed I was there on those clifftops. Merrin, 19 and in love is subjected to a horrendous event that sees her leaving her loving family and beloved Cornwall behind and she feels she will never return . A tragic event sees her return several years later in to the arms of her family. There is love as always but also some unburied resentments come to the fore. Another great book by this author dealing with issues we come across in daily life and deals with love, loss and moving on and accepting and appreciating what we have in life.

Merrin lives in the beautiful fishing village of Port Charles in Cornwall, it's her happy place, filled with childhood memories and where she intends to stay for life, that is until she is faced with the worst humiliation possible, she flees the village and the comfort of her family, to escape the gossiping that every small village is known for. Six years later, having set up a new life in Thornbury, Bristol she is faced with a family tragedy and has to return to her childhood home, it's not going to be easy, but she has no choice. Once she's back there with her family, she begins to question the life she once had, can she forget the past and return to the place she's always loved and misses immeasurably, only Merrin can make that decision but will she follow her head or her heart...? To Love and Be Loved is the latest creation by the hugely talented Amanda Prowse, this author could write a shopping list and it would be a best seller! She creates her characters in such a way that you immediately feel you know them personally, almost like being part of the family, they are completely authentic, from the first page of every book I've read by her I've been totally invested in the story and this one is no exception. Merrin's story is one that I'm sure every girl who has ever been in love dreads and my heart broke for her many times during this book, it's a tale of love, loss, grief, sibling rivalry and fractured loyalty and I encountered so many different emotions whilst reading it. Amanda writes from the heart, about subjects that will resonate with every one of her readers in one way or another throughout their lives, and I recommend you read at least one of her books, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'd like to thank Amazon Publishing UK, Netgalley and the author for the approval, I will post my review on Goodreads now and Amazon on publication day.

Oh! I just loved "To Love and Be Loved" by Amanda Prowse. This beautiful novel about love, family bonds, heartbreak, public humiliation, small town with deep roots and bigger gossip, as well as rebuilding from disappointments, is magnificent! As always, Amanda Prowse portrays a well-rounded story, with great characters, large emotions, big lessons, and perfect conclusions, all in her gentle voice. Thank you to the author, publisher, NetGalley for the early release copy for review. All opinions are my own.

I’d like to thank Amazon Publishing UK and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘To Love and Be Loved’ written by Amanda Prowse in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. Merrin Kellow is at the church with family and friends for her marriage to Digby Mortimer when she’s told that he’s changed his mind. Port Charles is a close community and rather than be the subject of gossip she drives away to start a new life, stopping in Thornbury on the outskirts of Bristol where she’s offered a position at Milbury Court Hotel. It isn’t until tragedy strikes her family that Merrin feels she has no choice but to return and face what she dreads the most, being pointed out as the girl who was abandoned at the altar. It’s always a pleasure to read a novel by Amanda Prowse and ‘To Love and Be Loved’ is a beautifully written family drama of Merrin, her parents Ben and Heather, feisty sister Ruby, best friend Bella, and the residents of Port Charles. Ms Prowse has the ability to get inside the characters and she’s sculpted them so superbly that as I’ve been reading I’ve felt a part of the community which has made me look forward to my next visit to Cornwall. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading this heart-warming yet at times sad account of six years in Merrin’s life that’s had me enthralled to the very end culminating with an absolutely perfect conclusion.

The greatest shame is if you didn't let yourself love and be loved. Merrin Kellow is young and vibrant. Merrin is marrying her person. The one that completes her. The one that makes her happy. The one that she loves, she is looking forward to marrying Digby Mortimer. Their families have a long history in their costal town town in Cornwall. She is the daughter of fisherman and Digby lives in the big house. In their community everyone knows everyone and it is the wedding of the year until it becomes something different. It changes everything for Merrin that she leaves the town she loves, the people she loves to rebuild all that she has lost. I loved this story and the relationships behind it. It is not only a story of a lost love but of sisterhood, friendship, and families. Merrin lost something that she could not get back. The intangible thing of acceptance is a powerful. It gives us courage and security and without it we are lost. The narration of Merin's love, pain and rebuilding is powerful. She is confronted by her loss in different ways thru her relationships. The protection we find in our relationships and the shame we have when for whatever reason, we have caused harm. I loved the candor of these relationships, the easy way and the difficult times of facing the what are relationships are made of. With any great love story involving any of our relationships is redemption. Something made new from loss, pain, and misunderstanding. It was a complete package. A special thank you to Amazon Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.

I love all of Amanda’s books and although it took me a bit longer to get into this book once I did it did not disappoint. I think it was the setting that to start with made me think it was occurring back in history. A young Cornish woman was left at the alter on her wedding day and the storyline takes us through her life and that of her Cornish family. Her love of the Cornish village disappears because of the hurt at being left at the alter but will it return? Thanks once again Amanda, your publisher and NetGalley.

Another wonderfully written book by Amanda Prowse. I loved this book, the main character is so brave- to run away and start a new life only to return and face her fears - takes amazing strength. The lessons learnt and life skills discovered were so important to her, but also to the reader. Wonderful book.

How do you pick up the pieces when a day of bliss turns into a day of tragedy? Get ready for an emotional and thought provoking journey of love, loss, heartbreak, growth, and healing. It’s beautifully written and I felt so invested in Merrin’s journey as I found it so relatable. If you’ve ever dealt with heartbreak in any form, this story will definitely resonate with you. I really loved the character development and seeing how Merrin navigated through some very tragic circumstances. We love a strong female lead! If you love women’s fiction, this book is for you! I was so hooked that I pretty much read it in one sitting. Highly recommend!

To Love and Be Loved by: Amanda Prowse Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing Pub date: Jan. 11, 2022 With a picturesque Cornish setting and strongly developed characters, Amanda Prowse delivers a story that soars through the peaks and valleys of the magnitude of love. Nineteen-year-old Merrin is happy in her beloved Port Charles, with its rugged Cornish coast and cragged shorelines. For generations, the men in her family were fishermen. She loves her special spot of Reunion Point and the village that faces the sea, and she believes in love. When her world suddenly falls apart, she bravely leaves her beloved community to heal her heart and escape embarrassment. Prowse's writing is simply exquisite. She takes us on an intensely emotional journey with Merrin from her family and community in a small fishing village to her new surroundings in the small market town of Thornbury. Along the way, deep family connections and history are explored. Merrin perseveres to untangle the complexities of who, how and when to love. As she struggles to find her sense of place and belonging, Merrin's strength deepens. The book showcases the power of words and phrasing to capture the intricacies and feelings of moments in time. Whether describing the comfort of the blue sea and green fields of Cornwall or the devastating physical pain of heartbreak, Prowse makes sure her reader is there for a full experience. Thank you to Net Galley and Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing for the advance reader's copy and the opportunity to provide my unbiased review. #ToLoveandBeLoved #NetGalley

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy. “Another fabulous book from Amanda Prowse” A story of family, love, loss, scandals and a wedding day that didn’t go to plan. It’s also about letting go and forgiving people. Merrin is eagerly looking forward to her wedding and marrying Digby. But, on the day, she’s left jilted as he doesn’t show. Not wanting to be in the town where everyone is talking about her, she moves away, from the lovely village she grew up in and her family to start a new life. She’s thriving in the job she’s doing, and meets someone, but she feels it’s not the same as what she had before. She misses her family and friends, but knowing she can’t go home,, when she hears devastating news, she’s forced to come home. Back home, she realises, that this is where she’s meant to be. But, she has to mend her broken heart and again, build her life and feel confident. Facing those that treated her badly will help her get peace and start to move on. The story had heartbreaking moments and it’s not a fast-paced novel, it does alternate with what’s happened in the past and present. Highly Recommend This Book.

This is a really sweet story about a sweet family. I finished it over a weekend. This book is about surviving a very sad situation and prevailing. Finding yourself after a loss that is so unexpected. Enjoyable read.

Another really lovely book by Amanda which made me very tearful. This book features a young woman called Merrin who leaves her fishing village for a new life away from the sea. She later returns. I would recommend this to anyone who loves Amanda Prowse's books and would make a perfect holiday read.

4.o stars I received a complimentary Kindle book from NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Thank you to Amanda Prowse, Lake Union Publishing, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book. Amanda Prowse is a prolific writer of GOOD books and I am a prolific reader of GOOD books. We are a match made in heaven. Seriously, Amanda writes lovely books based in the United Kingdom that allow me to learn more about the region, people, and customs. I'm so glad that this is my last book of 2021 - it was a good one to end this pandemic year! RECOMMEND

Amanda Prowse has done it again! Another thoroughly believable story, with very believable characters, against a gorgeous backdrop. You feel as though you could travel down to Cornwall and find this gorgeous fishing village, and walk through the cobbled streets meeting the wonderful characters who populate this incredible novel. Merrin is so wonderful, and so vibrant and believable you want to meet her and join the close knit group of friends. Merrin was madly in love, with her whole life mapped out with the man she adored, much to the envy of her older sister Ruby. However when he leaves her standing at the alter in her beautiful dress, and runs off, live in her gorgeous fishing village will never be the same. She can't cope with being the girl that everyone gossips about, so she leaves her beloved village and goes to work, and live, in a hotel several hours away. Her parents and Ruby are devastated, as is her best friend, although they do understand why she had to leave and make a life for herself elsewhere. When Merrin has to return to the village for the wedding of her beloved sister, she takes the very handsome Miguel with her, and tried to put the ghosts of the past behind her. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4380673841

When Merrin Mercy Kellow fled from the only place she called home, she hopes to build a temporary home for herself away from the unending gossip and away from her lovely family. The incident that made her feel unwelcome in her own town and the subsequent incidents where she had to face going back there is what this book is all about. It is about self-discovery, family and above all, love. There possibly could not have been a better name for this one. We may, at times, take for granted the love we are surrounded with without realising that … "It is surely the best gift you can bestow upon one another: to love and be loved." Another lesson to be learnt here is that life turns out exactly as beautiful as it was meant to, if only you give it some time. It might not be the life you pictured you would have, but it will be beautiful in the way you deserve and better than anything you could have thought of and that will be tons more than enough. Through the book, there is a constant fierce sense of community and family; while reiterating the fact that sticking together through storms is what gets everyone on the other side, it also brings to light that if you look around, you will find people (no matter how small in number) willing to catch you when you slip as well. "This world is full of strangers who couldn't give a rat’s arse about your health and happiness, and you can count on one hand the number of people who’ve got your back." Bonus: The prospect of Vera Wilma Brown finding a Frank Ferdinand Falkenstok after everything Merrin goes through was a fitting end and definitely made my heart happy. If you do not mind reading about heartbreak, multiple deaths and the grief that comes with it, then do check this one out. I received a complimentary copy of this book from @netgalley and I cannot thank the publisher and the author enough for this approval. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Life in a small town can go for wonderful to stifling in a minute. People seem to remember the a memorable incident, at least until the next one comes along. But, some incidents invoke heartbreak, a touch of scandal which never goes away and always a look of pity, whether real or imagined. Until we realize that we are in control of either fueling the fire or putting it out. Merrin is so excited to start her new life in the fishing village where she grew up. What starts with so much promise, ends completely different and Merrin is forced with making hard decisions. Amanda Prowse is always an author I can go to for an emotional read, with wonderful small town feels with huge problems. Love her characters and the dynamics of the family, especially the sisters. No one loves you quite like a sister…either best of friends or worst of enemies…but, always having each other’s backs. Life throws curve balls at us all the time, Merrin is thrown one at an young age and it takes awhile for her to figure things out and grow up. Writing is beautifully descriptive of Port Charles, Cornwall. You can feel Merrin’s love for this fishing village and her family. The story did drag a little for me, especially when introducing the love interest and where it was going, then the ending felt rushed. Thanks to Ms. Prowse, Lake Union Publishimf and NetGalley for this ARC. Opinion is mine alone.

What a lovely read this is. What I love so much about Amanda’s books is how tender and affectionately she writes them, and by doing so, she really pulls at the heart strings and immerses you into the story. The story involves some letters written from Ben (Merrin’s dad), and these just added another dimension to part of the story as they were just so touching. The characters in this book were all so likeable that each of their stories meant something to me, and I felt the need to know more about them as the story went on. There’s so many beautiful relationships in this book that it was an absolute joy to read.

To love and to be loved is a gentle heartwarming read of love loss and forgiveness, based in picturesque cornwall and around the family kellow comprising of parents heather and Ben and daughters Ruby and Merrin! Merrin is all set to marry Digby the love of her life when she is cruelly jilted at the alter! Unable to stay in her home village amongst the locals and be a source of gossip and speculation she flees to Thornbury near Bristol to lick her wounds, heal and try to live again so hard when you are completely and utterly heartbroken! The death of her father Ben is a turning point for Merrin and she returns home for the first time, only to realise that she belongs and home is truely where the heart is and with this vines acceptance and eventually happiness! A tale of relationships, friendship, family, forgiveness and second chances! Thank you netgalley for this early read.

Prowess packs a lot into the small fishing hamlet of Port Charles. The Kellow family has been staples of the village and much change awaits them. With Sorrow, joy, mixed in with lots of gossip and busybodies, the story has much to offer. I really felt bad for Jarvis in the first few chapters, but he found his footing. My favorite character was Bella. A woman after my own heart, munching on a bacon sandwich on her friend’s wedding day. Prose always delivers a cast of quirky characters, including the raucous bunch in this latest.

What a delicious gift of a book packed to the gills with warmth, friendship,family,love and all set to the glorious backdrop of the beautiful Cornish landscape. Jilted on her wedding day by Digby,the spoilt son of the wealthy Mortimer family, Merrin feels compelled to leave her beloved Cornwall and the life and family she loves . In one cruel swoop ,she has lost the man she thought she would spend her whole life with , the close knit family she adores, the lifelong friends and neighbours and the most perfect idyllic village she never wanted to leave . Slowly ,she builds a new life for herself ,though one that is a pale shadow of that she left behind . She is determined she'll never allow herself to love so completely again and throws herself into work. Though missing her parents and feisty sister Ruby and best friend Bella with her fibre of her being, she can't bear to go home and risk meeting Digby and being the object of pity for the village. She even misses her beloved Gran Ellen's funeral causing fractures in her relationship with her sister. Merrin finally allows herself to enter a relationship with her handsome work colleague Miguel and when she finally has to face returning to Cornwall for Ruby' s wedding,he is the perfect crutch . Welcomed home with open arms and enveloped in the love of her family and best friend,Merrin is even more acutely aware of all she is missing but also realises she is still a talking point and object of pity among the villagers and so returns with a heavy heart to her new life . Things come to a head on Valentine's night when she returns to the room she now shares with Miguel and finds the scene set for a proposal which she knows she can't accept. Before he can pop the question ,a devastating phone call from distraught,a Ruby compels Merrin to race home to Cornwall, driven by the faithful Miguel who delivers her to her childhood home. I don't want to spoil the story by giving any more details but I was totally gripped to the last word . This has all the trademark elements one expects from an Amanda Prowse book, humour, warmth, pathos, love but with an added element of Cornish charm and magic . The lovingly depicted vignettes of family life, like the communal cups of tea, the spiky humour and teasing , add a layer of authenticity and familiarity that draws the reader into the fabric of the story . The best possible start to my reading year!

Thanks NetGalley, Amanda Prowse and the publisher for a copy to review. Amanda Prowse became one of my all time favourite authors quickly, her stories are powerful, narrated in rich languages and well developed characters

Another incredible story from the queen of fiction! I spent a long time reading this, savouring every word and really getting lost in the journey. From the complexity of family dynamics and living where everyone knows you, to embracing who you really are and letting fate guide you. I luaghed, I cringed and I cried. What more do you need from a book?

This is the first book I have read by this author but it certainly won't be the last. She has a beautiful way with words that captured me right from the start. I shed quite a few tears reading this, I had to put it down for I couldn't see through my tears on more than one occasion. A really lovely story about love and how we all deserve to love and be loved. Beautiful setting in the stunning Cornwall, I find books set here always a winner! Fabulously well written, I'd highly recommend.

I love Amanda Prowse’s books and this one is no exception. Merrin is left devastated when one day, her whole world crumbles around her. Her family are there for her but she just wants to get away from the fishing village where she grew up. Merrin finds a job in a hotel a few hours away and tries to recover from her heartache. She meets Miguel and he is clearly besotted with her, but Merrin doesn’t feel completely the same. She cares for him but it isn’t love. Merrin’s friends and family back home are lovely and even when she is away, she speaks to them regularly. Her relationship with her sister is fiery at times but with the guidance of their mum, they normally sort it out. I will let you find out how and where Merrin ends up, as it’s a journey for you to follow her on. A lovely heartwarming book that I highly recommend. Thanks to Amazon Publishing UK and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.

Thanks to Net Galley for granting me a copy of this book prior to publication date. I really enjoyed this story of Merrin who lives In a very small community village where everybody knows everybody. Loved the way all sorts of family and friends emotions and issues are woven through the book with a touch of humour and sadness - just the right mixture of both. Amanda Prowse never fails to pull you in from page one - another great read.

To love and be loved. It's what we all wish for I think. This is a beautiful book of love, scandal, friends, family, betrayal and forgiveness. Told beautifully with a sensitivity Amanda does so well. She has woven a heart wrenching story into a heart warming story by the end of the book's end. Thank you to Net Galley, Amanda Prowse and the Publishers for this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion and review

This book starts off really Heartwarming but soon takes a turn, evoking emotion. It's an emotion book because you feel like you're in it, going through what the characters are experiencing. To me this is a sign of good writing, drawing you in. Digby seems like such a huge drip in the end, Merrin is so cool, calm and collected when they have their 'chat'. I love the first trip to Port Charles with the lovely Miguel, he is so supportive. Flipping heck did I need the tissues for this one, what a brilliantly emotional book. You go from the place of extreme happiness to extreme sadness throughout the book on more than on occasion, but the way Ruby and Merrin and there mum and dad are with each other is really beautiful.

I love any book written by Amanda Prowse and this is no exception. The book concentrates on the Kellow family and in particular Merrin Kellow. It is written with such compassion and care that you really feel every injustice and hurt that Merrin endures. The story involves a lot of characters from a small Cornish village but I felt I knew each and every one of them. This is a great escapist book that can transport you you from a gloomy winters day to the coastal idyll of Port Charles, another realm completely.

Amanda Prowse is one of my favourite authors, so when I saw this new book release, I couldn't say no to reading it! Merrin moved to live in Bristol after a massive humiliation left her heartbroken. She protects her heart, having a relationship with Miguel before admitting that she doesn't love him and eventually moving back home to the beautiful Cornish coast where she has grown up and knows everyone. We see that sometimes bad things happen for good reasons from reading through. The characters enhance the plot and are well developed. I loved Bella; she is the perfect best friend. She is positive, fun, and energetic, the ideal balance for Ruby and Merrin, who are often at odds. Merrin's parents are the most loving, caring, delightful parents anyone could ask for. Digby's mum, Loretta, seems cold and uncaring but is, in fact, quite affectionate; she just shows it oddly. I also really liked the descriptions of Lizzy the Lick, a local everyone has always talked about but who is just misunderstood. Despite being a tiny part of the story, she's particularly well described. The book has a beautiful, heart-warming ending. In fact, the whole book is heart-warming with a great plot and even better characters. It's an easy but slow read and enjoyable throughout. This looks at various types of love. Merrin's parent's long-term love where they can't live without each other. The short-term love in the face of adversity that Bella experiences, the love that comes from Maturity (Ruby) and unrequited love with Mr & Mrs Mortimer. Each is a beautiful love story with some challenges that shows that love conquers all. I loved this book with its strong themes around humanity, unexpected champions, life-affirming grace, and family love. This is a perfect read, all cuddled up in front of the fire in the cold winter months.

The “About the Author” section of Amanda Prowse’s To Love and Be Loved ends with “Amanda’s ambition is to create stories that keep people from turning off the bedside lamp at night, that ensure you walk every step with her great characters, and tales that fill your head so you can’t possibly read another book until the memory fades….” I don’t have to turn off the bedside lamp since I read on my Kindle ☺, and I have already started my next book because that’s what I do☺, BUT this story will be on my heart for a very long time. Set in the small fishing village of Port Charles in Cornwall, this is the story of Merrin (Merry) Kellow, whose family founded the village generations before. She lives with her parents Ben and Heather, her older sister Ruby, and their Gran Ellen. Her best friend Bella, who I would love to have as a friend of my own, lives just down the path. Everyone knows everyone, and Merrin has always imagined her future as a wife and mother in this place. At 19, when she falls in love with the wealthy Digby Mortimer, she envisions her future raising children in the Mortimer mansion overlooking the village. When her world implodes and she can’t bring herself to stay in Port Charles, Merrin needs to figure out how to move on and create a new normal. We follow her when she leaves the home that truly defines every part of her and settles in Milbury Court three hours away. She starts a solitary life for herself working in a hotel, where she discovers that her co-workers think of her as the sad girl. We can empathize when she returns to Port Charles at one point for a few days and, upon preparing to return to Milbury Court, she says, “I don’t want to go. I never wanted to go. And yet I can’t wait to be gone. How do I reconcile that?” What I love about Ms. Prowse’s stories is her ability to create characters and paint a picture. We know the kind of love that lives within the rivalry between sisters. We probably all knew a Bella who considered our parents her own. We can visualize the sea. We feel the cobblestones beneath Merrin’s bare feet. We experience her joy with Digby, and then… “It was only this repeated question that made her realise her limbs were trembling and her teeth chattering, but no, she wasn’t cold, more…in pain. She felt broken. Her chest hurt. Raising her fingertips, she ran them over the front of her dress and up to her throat, just to check that nothing was actually lodged there and no one had noticed; she would have been quite unsurprised to find a dagger, hilt-deep, sitting squarely in her breast.” I could feel Merrin’s pure, all-consuming grief, and this grief drives the rest of the story. But this is not just a story of romantic love. We live through Merrin’s love for her village, her family, her best friend. We feel her need to get away from the place where (in her father’s words) her spirit lingers, the spitefulness and seeming jealousy between her and Ruby, the grief during her losses, and the promise of the future as she comes out healed on the other side six years later. We learn about secrets and relationships from the generations before Merrin’s that influenced everything that happens in the present day. This is not a light beach read. Curl up under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate or tea, maybe in front of a fireplace, and let the story swallow you up for a day or a weekend. It’s a story you can get lost in…and it will stay with you even longer. You don’t want to miss this one.

Love ❤, Noor. ____ #booktour What did I just 📚 read?!! Emotional, heartwarming, full of drama, tragedies & so much love ❤.. #toloveandbeloved That's the most sacred & precious, intangible thing in the world. This is the story of Merrin, a girl like you & me..a girl next door 🚪..I related to her at so many aspects.. Her grandpa expired when she was 9..how she held herself together.. How she was ready to take the marriage plunge, impulsively for the sake of true love..at 19 How her family stood by her in thick n thin.. How she collected her pieces together to come out stronger.. & how, like her mother said, she eventually found true love.. Her sister..father..mother..ex bf..granny.. I loved all the relationships she shared.. The author has penned it in an extensively descriptive style.. it takes you virtually on that small island & the entire read is so atmospheric that I felt I held my heart in my hand literally.. ____ In this life-affirming tale from bestselling author Amanda Prowse, one woman built a new life to escape her humiliation. Now, can she put the shame behind her and finally find happiness? Young and desperately in love, Merrin had the whole world ahead of her. But just as her new life was about to start, the ground beneath her feet was cruelly swept away. Devastated by the humiliation, she ran far away from the beloved fishing village she had always called home to lick her wounds and escape her gossiping friends and neighbours. It hasn’t been easy, but six years later Merrin has forged a new life for herself far from the sea, burying the impulsive girl she once was. But when tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to return to the village she swore she’d never set foot in again. Reluctantly back in the arms of her community, Merrin begins to realise what she’s been missing out on all these years. As she begins to remember the person she used to be, she is forced to make choices about her future, and to question the past. What does she want from her life? Who is important to her? Who is to blame for everything that went wrong? And can she forgive them, let old wounds heal and finally be her true self again? Releases 11th Jan. 2022

Merrin led a simple, quiet life that made her very happy. She needed nothing more than to be near her family, to walk barefoot in the grass and to have the sea breeze tousle her long hair. Falling in love with Digby and being reciprocated was the most beautiful thing that had happened to her so far. Their worlds were very different but they understood each other perfectly. With him, Merrin could be herself without fear of being judged, she felt free, loved and respected for who she was. His marriage proposal took her by surprise. She didn't doubt his feelings, but she didn't understand what was the hurry. They were fine as they were, and they were so young. But she was so in love that the thought of all the time they could spend together once they were married tipped the scales. And then came what would be one of the most important moments of her life: the wedding day. She would remember every detail, no matter how insignificant. Moments that would forever mark her life, but for very different reasons than she thought. To Love and Be Loved is a beautiful story of love and friendship. It tells us about the importance of forgiveness and its healing power. But it also tells us how important it is that we love ourselves without reservation in order to be able to love others. In principle, the plot is simple, the subject matter is nothing new, but it is so well written that it gives the feeling of reading something completely new. This is one of those stories whose reading leaves us with very beautiful and unforgettable emotional moments. This is one of the few times I don't have a favorite character because they all have something different to bring to the novel. They are varied, complex and unique in their characterization. I had a hard time empathizing with Merrin, not because I didn't understand her, but on the contrary. She has a cheerful, sweet and even a little wild character. She has a great capacity to forgive and give second chances to others. But she is incapable of forgiving or loving herself. She is a complex and unpredictable character who leaves us unforgettable moments of reading. To Love and Be Loved is a very special book, full of unique details that make all the difference and make this author a must read.

I have previously loved Amanda Prowse’s books so was excited to see she had something new out. Young and in love Merrin gets stood up at the alter and has to run away from her small hometown due to the embarrassment. This was a solid romance novel with likeable characters and family tragedies. It’s not a gripping read, but I liked it all the same. Thank you to the NetGalley and the publishing house for this ARC in return for an honest review.

"To Love and Be Loved" is a romance and family drama set in the West Country. The central character is Merrin (Merry) who seems to have no career goals but instead wants to be a wife and mother. At the start of the story she believes that she has found her one true love in Digby. However, although the young couple are happy to ignore their class differences, this is not the case with Digby's mother. This is a book about finding one's way in life, the struggles of living in Cornwall, family, friendships and community. Thanks to Net Galley and the publishers for the opportunity to review this book.

I am always enthralled with books by Amanda Prowse and this one did not disappoint. Her gentle style is descriptive, her characters believable and the subject matter often painful. I enjoyed the way in which, although this story focused on Merrin and her very public humiliation, as a reader you are drawn into life in Port Charles and the inhabitants there. The love and interactions between the characters is heart warming and I felt could even be developed further in subsequent stories. Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this novel, I would highly recommend it

Amanda Prowse always amazes me with her ability to bring out the feelings. Not just the romantic feelings, but the love of family and friends and nature. This book really hit me with how feelings may trick us and some may be the real thing and others may not, and who is to know the difference other than looking back and evaluating. This was a great story about love, family, denial, running away, and so much more. I would definitely recommend it.

I don't think I have ever read an Amanda Prowse book that I haven't liked, and this one is no exception. Merrin is a Port Charles girl, born and bred. Her father is a fisherman and I have to admit to wanting to go and visit Cornwall ASAP after descriptions of the area in this book! Merrin loves her village and her family and when tragedy strikes and she feels forced to leave home, it has repercussions for everyone around her. She is quite an amazing woman and reading all about her made my heart full - clearly, I got very emotionally involved. This is a book about family, love (in all its guises) and belonging. I loved it. I also loved that it had a decent epilogue and a nicely rounded ending :). 5 stars from me. Thank you to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing.

Thanks to the Author and netgally for an early copy of this book in exvhange for an jonest review. Amanda Prowse is one of my favoutite authors and this book didnt disapoint. The story follows Merrin who grew up in a tight knit community in Cornwall but then experiences a heartbreak and in order to heal moves away from the gossip in the village. We then see how her life develops and what happens when she had to return some years later. Although it was a little slow in places, the story kept me hooked and I liked the characters of the main women in the book. The ending was perhaps a bit too neat but a good way to end none the less and I was sad to finiah the book. Would definitely recommend.

Merrin is a young woman who is excited about her future, but her wedding day does not go as expected, and she decides to move to a new town to start over on her own. Merrin finds a place to fit in, build a career, and make new connections. But, she never goes back to her home village and her relationships with her family and friends there feel that pain. Events draw her back and she starts to deal with some of the ghosts of her past to determine her next path forward.

Thank you Lake Union and NetGalley for an ARC of this book. This is my first book by this author and what a treat, the perfect book to join me over a couple lazy days after the Christmas holiday. I really enjoyed the writing style characters and storyline and will be seeking out more books by this wonderful author.

I love Amandas books and this is no exception. Beautifully written this is the story of Merlin who moves away and rebuilds her life. The story made me cry in parts but was heartwarming and lovely. Thank you Amanda for another lovely book

Merrin lives in Port Charles, a lovely town in coastal England, with her sister and parents. We join her story on the morning of her wedding while she is getting ready to marry Digby, the love of her life. As the day progresses, something unexpected happens that changes Merrin's life forever. Years have passed, Merrin has moved away and has a successful career but still finds herself pulled back to her hometown. She has resisted all this time but tragedy has struck and now she must face the familiar faces of Port Charles. I found this story easy read; it flowed well and the chapters were just about the right length for me. The characters were realistic and, for the most part, well developed. I had hoped for more insight and time with Ruby (Merrin's sister) and Bella (Merrin's friend) - they were, by far, the stars of the show and each had so much potential. While I initially warmed to Merrin and followed her story intently, I did become weary of her personality. Even while others were trying to make amends, apologise for their shortcomings, Merrin seems to stay very one dimensional and self absorbed. My sympathy for her waned as I made my way through the book and I wasn't too motivated to keep reading about her. The time leaps are a little hard to understand; there isn't a clear indication as chapter headers. It only becomes clear as you read the first few paragraphs but I did get a little lost here and there. Overall, the book is full of emotional turmoil, it is sweet and romantic with a nice ending. The main character isn't overly likeable and so this made it difficult to root for her. If you're a fan of Prowse, and romantic stories, you may like this one too.

A gorgeous book that definitely pulled at my heartstrings as I avidly read this beautiful book. A stunning setting and a lovely community, it was easy to be drawn into the story. Merrin was a character who was both strong and weak, whose strength to overcome her past was inspiring. It was a story that I couldn’t put down! I needed to know the outcome as I had become emotionally attached to the characters and intrigued by the situation. Amanda’s amazing books always captures my attention and imagination, and this one was no different than the others I have enjoyed. Such a fabulous book.

EXCERPT: Breathing long and slow, Merrin closed her eyes briefly, feeling instantly better, calmed. This was the perfect spot with the widest view and she could spend hours here, staring at the waves. Her dad once told her that they were the heads of white, foaming horses, cantering up to the break and crashing, before making a sharp turn and petering to nothing on their return. It was now impossible for her to see them in any other way. Looking out over the purple bruise of sky where clouds hung low over the ocean, she offered up a silent prayer. Please don't rain! Not on my wedding day . . . ABOUT 'TO LOVE AND BE LOVED': Young and desperately in love, Merrin had the whole world ahead of her. But just as her new life was about to start, the ground beneath her feet was cruelly swept away. Devastated by the humiliation, she ran far away from the beloved fishing village she had always called home to lick her wounds and escape her gossiping friends and neighbours. It hasn’t been easy, but six years later Merrin has forged a new life for herself far from the sea, burying the impulsive girl she once was. But when tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to return to the village she swore she’d never set foot in again. Reluctantly back in the arms of her community, Merrin begins to realise what she’s been missing out on all these years. As she begins to remember the person she used to be, she is forced to make choices about her future, and to question the past. What does she want from her life? Who is important to her? Who is to blame for everything that went wrong? And can she forgive them, let old wounds heal and finally be her true self again? MY THOUGHTS: As with all of Amanda Prowse's books, To Love and Be Loved is a very emotional read. I had shredded a great number of tissues before I was a quarter of the way through! If only the worst Merrin had to worry about on her wedding day was the weather . . . We follow Merrin's life journey as her future is ripped apart and she flees her home to try and make a life elsewhere. But, as we all know, the problem with running away is that we take along the problems that are in our hearts and our heads. And at some point, we just have to turn around and deal with them. Don't expect a fast paced book, you won't get it. To Love and Be Loved is a meandering and often sad read as Merrin spends a lot of time treading water, surviving rather than living. The sadness and grief is, at times, overwhelming. But it is also punctuated with some beautiful moments in Prowse's trademark style. Prowse has created a very close knit family in the Kellows. Ben and Heather are still very much in love after their many years of marriage and I enjoyed the easiness of their relationship. Merrin is the younger of their two daughters and a very different personality than her older sister Ruby, who is more prickly and brash, Merrin more dreamy and soft. And I loved their friend Bella, whose role in life seems to be a buffer between the sisters. Initially, I loved this book, and I still do, but with some reservations. It is intense, emotionally. But, in places it is just too much. Was there ever a family as perfect as the Kellows? I would like to hope so, but probably not. (view spoiler) And the ending is very sudden, and for me was, considering Merrin's past, far too fast and unlikely. Yet, despite all this, I finished with a smile on my face and am eagerly awaiting Prowse's next. ⭐⭐⭐.8 #ToLoveandBeLoved #NetGalley I: @mrsamandaprowse @amazonpublishing T: @MrsAmandaProwse @AmazonPub #contemporaryfiction #familydrama #romance THE AUTHOR: Amanda Prowse was a management consultant for ten years before realising that she was born to write. Amanda lives in the West Country with her husband and their two teenage sons. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing, via Netgalley for providing a digital ARC of To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions. For an explanation of my rating system please refer to my Goodreads.com profile page or the about page on sandysbookaday.wordpress.com This review is also published on Twitter, Amazon, Instagram and my webpage

A comforting read, although at times I did find the pace a little slow. The writing style kept me going though, as just as you were getting to a ‘good’ bit, the author changed to another character’s point of view and that was part of the appeal of the book, wanting to find out what happened next… I enjoyed being immersed in the Cornish way of life and the setting descriptions of Port Charles, the Cornish village really made me feel like I was there. The narrative was brilliant as it described exactly how living in a small village, where everyone knows everything about everyone, can have such devastating after-shocks when things go wrong in your life. I found myself being taken in by Merrin’s charms, even though she was a very self-willed and at times, selfish character and didn’t always consider how her actions were affecting those around her. Although there were times when I did feel that the book was slightly overwritten as poor Merrin seemed to go through so many emotional / life-changing events at such a very young age, but in saying that, the author did give us all hope, that even after going through so much, and having to make far too many difficult decisions in her early twenties, Merrin showed us all that things can change, and that we just need to be patient. I highly recommend this book; it is a beautiful book about love and friendship. It deals, empathetically, with love in its various forms, be it a long term married love, past and present love between couples which is affected by family disapproval and interference, a short-term affair that produces a pregnancy, and a love that upon maturity changes its attention from one person to another. Each of these threads work well together. Many thanks to Netgalley, Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing and the author for an eARC of To love and be loved in exchange for an honest review.

A tender story told in Amanda Prowse’s unique voice. This one looks at how beautiful and messy love can be. From romantic love to the love of family and loving where you are in your life. These characters are sweet and relatable with a captivating setting. 4.5 stars.

Yet again Amanda hasn’t let me down. I absolutely love this author, the way she writes you feel like you could be there. It is a romance book but with a difference. This isn’t just a boy meets girl falls in love and lives happily ever after like some romance ones can be. This book is hard hitting in places and true to life. Merrin Mercy Kellow is the main character in this book, but there are some fab other characters too. Merrin’s sister Ruby, her best friend Bella, her first boyfriend Jarvis and also her parents. They live in Cornwall and having spent a lot of lovely holidays there I really enjoyed the setting. Amanda is so descriptive that you can imagine looking out to sea and feeling the sand between your toes. After disaster strikes on her wedding day Merrin can’t face the town that she loves with the people that she grew up with thinking that they were all talking about her. Packing up her car she leaves to start a new life away from the gossip. Over the course of six years Merrin avoids home and gets on with life away from those she loves. When tragedy strikes all that changes. How will Merrin cope facing the life she left behind. I highly recommend this book it’s a great read.

Overall this book was about love. being in love and the consequences of love breaking down. The absolute heartbreak of a breakup was so well portrayed it brought tears to my eyes. I felt so much for the main character Merrin. I was hoping she would find her happy ending. How our roots and upbringing impact on our lives and choices were also beautifully explored. I really loved the Cornish setting and I could imagine the sea breeze on my face as I turned the pages. I was sad to finish this book and can only say Amanda you have done it again, I don’t know how you manage to write books each one unique but each one equally brilliant.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

To love and be loved by Amanda Prowse. Young and desperately in love, Merrin had the whole world ahead of her. But just as her new life was about to start, the ground beneath her feet was cruelly swept away. Devastated by the humiliation, she ran far away from the beloved fishing village she had always called home to lick her wounds and escape her gossiping friends and neighbours. A lovely read. Great story and characters. 4*.

As always Amanda Prowse writes a great story. The narrative was descriptive and made it easy to imagine the locations. The characters are so credible and interesting. Their feelings are real and honest. I loved the way the story evolved over the duration of the book. Family, friendship and love at the heart of this. This author’s books always make me feel involved, like I am looking into a window and watching people. Thank you for the opportunity to review this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Quite simply, I loved it.

I am a huge Amanda Prowse fan. That being said I was disappointed in this book. I didn't much like Merrin and found her to be to self centered. I am anxiously waiting for Amanda's next book..

Do you sometimes find you need a good cry? If you do, check out the new book To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse. I really loved this book. I laughed and I cried many times. This book will require a box of tissues next to you as you read because you will find you can’t see the page any longer through the tears. There were so many things to love about this book. Let me tell you about some of them. The characters were absolutely fabulous! I wanted to know everyone. Heather and Ben are Merrin’s parents. They are salt of the earth. Her older sister is Ruby and her best friend is Bella. Her Gran lives next door. They are such a lovely family. There is great love between the parents and something we all strive for in our lives. There is a little sibling rivalry between the sisters but, Ruby will stand up for little sister Merrin. For the most part this family is pretty near perfect. They live near the sea in Port Charles in Cornwall, England. Who wouldn’t want to live right on the beach. This is family property and the Kellow’s have been a part of the community for years. The description of the area will take your breath away. I want to live there! It sounds like perfection. At least perfection for a small town. As you know, in a small town everybody knows your business. The wisdom imparted in this book is something I never want to forget. All of us have been quoted little sayings and quips from our parents and Grandparents. With this family being from Cornwall, they have some unique words of wisdom. I have loved every book I’ve picked up to read by Amanda Prowse and this one is not any different. She has a way with words and promotes love the way it should be. It is probably the best one I’ve read by her. If you are a fan or you have never read one of her books, I urge you to read this one and see if you love it as much as I do. Let me know what you think. I’d love to discuss it with you. I received a complimentary copy of this book from #LakeUnionPublishing via #Netgalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Another absolutely wonderful book by Amanda Prowse, with her trademark beautiful covers. As soon as I met Merrin in Cornwall, where she loved to slip her shoes off and walk barefoot on the uneven cobbles outside her front door, I knew I was going to connect with her, as I love to do this too so that I can feel connected to the cobbles, grass, or sand and feel the earth. I was sure, from getting to know Merry by half way through the book, that although she had been knocked down and weathered storms, she would surface stronger than ever and find a new life for herself. Reading the book from when she moved to Bristol (my home town) and worked at a castle, in my head I pictured a local castle hotel near me called Thornbury Castle (where I have treated myself to a birthday afternoon tea), imagine my surprise when I was right!! I was so pleased Merry met Miguel and found someone to love her again. Amanda's writing is so full of characters, emotions, love and heartache, family and friends and my favourite line from the book is "Merrin was filled with such deep sadness, she was blank, raw and floundering, gasping for air like a fish in the net". I am sure we have all been hurt this badly at some point in our lives, but I have never been able to express is so beautifully. Thank you Mandy.

Another great book by this author. Merrin is a great main character and you really feel for her and her need to leave Cornwall so throughout the book you are rooting for her to have her happy ending, great characters and storyline as well as being set in my favourite part of the country makes this a book that I couldn't put down

Amanda Prowse has a beautiful way of bringing life to her books with emotion, real characters, and stories that I get invested in! After a wedding day that didn’t go as planned, Merry leaves her small hometown and family to restart in a bigger city. But like many stories go, her hometown draws her back. She is forced to face her fears of how people will react to her and her situation. The story explores the emotional journey after a traumatic experience, and it brings the reader into the intimate moments of Merry’s life. This is a slow-burn that will wrap you up in its words and refuse to let go until the end! Merry is what this story is all about. I loved her character development, and how much I connected with her! The small town atmosphere felt perfect for the story, and I loved how the descriptions brought the place and the people to life! I would highly recommend this one for readers that enjoy stories focused on character growth and emotional journeys!

Amanda Prowse has once again woven her magic and created a spellbinding character and a village I just wanted to live in myself. When Merrin’s life does not turn out how she was expecting, she runs away from the family that she loves, leaving behind her childhood friends and the place she she thought she would always call home. Merrin stole into my heart. I felt her pain and her anguish at the cards she had been dealt. I also felt a sneaking admiration for her sister, Ruby, because she was the one left to pick up the pieces. The author provides a real gem of a twist to this story, but I am not going to spoil it for you. What I will say is that you never really know what someone else is going through. I must mention one sentence in this book which really brought home to me what a prolific writer Amanda Prowse is – “Telephone calls that spilt love down the wire as if it were liquid gave her some reassurance” No one says it more movingly or succinctly than Amanda Prowse!

Merrin was all set to marry Digby the love of her life but he stands her up at the alter. Humiliated and ashamed she makes the decision to leave the Cornish village she was born and brought up in as she knows she will be the talk of the village and can't bear the shame. Merrin only returns for her sisters wedding 6 years later and finds that people are still pitying her so leaves as soon as she can. It's only when her beloved dad passes away that she returns again but this time the longing to stay wins and she finally goes back home to stay A heartwarming story of a family's love and forgiveness

This story follows Merrin after the devastating fall out of being left at the alter. Merrin can't stay in her small town so moves away, leaving her family and everything she loves behind. We follow Merrin as she deals with loss far away from home, and watch her long slow recovery towards acceptance. This was a really beautiful story about learning to love yourself again. It was a really easy read and really made me want to visit Cornwall. I've read a few Amanda Prowse books now and always go for them when I'm wanting a romance read. They are really easy to read but she makes you feel intensely for the characters. One particular quote of the book I loved was 'Drink Tea. Sit in the sunshine. Celebrate the good. Don't dwell on the bad'

With thanks to #NetGalley and #AmazonPublishingUk for a digital arc of #ToLoveAndBeLoved by #AmandaProwse. I always get a bit excited when a new Amanda Prowse book is released. So I was keen to dive into this beauty and once more lose myself in Amanda’s charming and alluring writing. Merrin fled her hometown and her close knit family, after her wedding day went disastrously wrong. Some years later, and having built herself a successful life far away from home, tragedy strikes and Merrin is forced to return to the place that broke her. Once home, Merrin realises what she has been missing, but before she can truly come home and rebuild her life, she needs to come to terms with the past and make peace with the ghosts that haunt her. This is a wonderful story of love, family, friendship, loss, strength, second chances, forgiveness and finding home. As always Amanda writes with such beautiful words, that flow effortlessly through the pages. An utterly captivating read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I just love all Amanda's books so when her latest one came out I had to find a quiet spot in my house and open my kindle! All housework etc goes out of the window......Take away leaflets come out of their drawers! I am not cooking!!! To Love and Be Loved by Amanda Prowse was just an amazing emotional book. I loved it.........Amanda has always written her books with so much love and they're always beautifully written from beginning till the end that will have you gripped from the first page till the end. You may need tissues! This latest book is set in a small fishing village in Cornwall where Merrin's family is very well known. as they own a biscuit factory family and live in the Palladian Clifton.. Merrin feels she has to get away form everything around her and she decides to leave the village. However, six years has passed and she has a new life away from everyone, When, tragedy struck's and she needs t