The Great Gatsby

Narrated by Tanner Buchanan

Pub Date 30 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 14 Jan 2022

An all-new recording of the beloved F. Scott Fitzgerald classic, narrated by actor Tanner Buchanan, star of Cobra Kai and the Netflix film He’s All That

Hailed as one of the Great American Novels, The Great Gatsby delves into the dark corners of the Jazz Age to tell a tragic tale of obsession, love, and the gritty underbelly of the American Dream. Through the eyes of unassuming narrator Nick Carraway, the story follows the enigmatic Jay Gatsby as he chases the object of his hopeless desire, the beautiful Daisy Buchanan.

Years after first meeting Daisy, when he was merely a penniless soldier, Gatsby has remade himself into an eccentric millionaire, throwing lavish parties at his New York mansion every weekend with the hope of enticing the woman of his dreams into his reach. It is through these parties that Nick, Daisy’s cousin, first meets Gatsby and learns of his deep, unrelenting love. When at last Gatsby and the now-married Daisy reunite, the consequences of their illicit affair will reverberate through the lives of everyone around them.

An illuminating exploration of the deleterious effects of unrequited love, social stigmas, and unchecked capitalism, The Great Gatsby is an elegant yet unforgiving novel that will keep you hooked until the very last page.

Hailed as one of the Great American Novels...

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
ISBN 9798200735754

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books of all time and one of my favorite books to teach. It's the story of friendship, of love and loss, of betrayal, and the search for the unattainable American dream. Rich with symbolism and prose that sings with Fitzgerald's poetic lilt, Nick glides though life, unsure of his place in high society while Jay Gatsby attempts to do everything he can to win the love of his former sweetheart, Daisy, now married to the pompous unfaithful Tom. Though this is one of my faves, I've never heard an audiobook of it, so I was gleeful when I was fortunate enough to receive an ALC of The Great Gatsby narrated by Tanner Buchanan. He does an awesome job! His voice has a sleepy dreamlike quality that I think fits Nick Carraway perfectly. I also love the voice he choice for Gatsby. It sounded so strong and charming, just like I imagine Gatsby to be. Thank you so much to NetGalley and the publishers for this ALC.

This is the audiobook that is destined to become a staple in any American Literature course. The narration simply takes the characterization and nuances to heights that haven't been reached by this audio's predecessors. When you think of the ideal accompaniment to a classic such as Gatsby, especially for analytical use, this is it.

The new audiobook recording of The Great Gatsby is delightful. The narrator, Tanner Buchanan, does a wonderful job creating unique voices for each character and imbuing a conversational tone to the main character's thoughts.

This is an amazing tragedy. Throughout the years, this book has always held a special place in my heart. The sadness of Gatsby, the coldness of Daisy, the terrible way that everything turns out. Nick's storytelling, breaking our hearts after giving us hope. It's a must read (and listen) for sure.

I've read The Great Gatsby many times over, but this new audiobook provides a depth that I hadn't experienced with it before. Tanner Buchanan does a fantastic job giving each character a unique and intriguing voice, particularly for Jay Gatsby himself.