Murder in Montauk

A Blake Sisters Travel Mystery Prequel (Blake Sisters Travel Mysteries)

Pub Date 15 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 24 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #MurderinMontauk #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Blake sisters, Whitt and Finley, their mother, and Finley’s best friend, Mooney, head out to the beaches of Montauk, Long Island for a girls’ weekend to celebrate Mama’s birthday.

Their plans for lots of spa, sun and sand are interrupted when a body is found on a massage table at the spa and a masseuse is implicated. Still reeling from a relationship gone wrong, Finley has returned from Morocco and is preparing to pick up the pieces of her life in Manhattan with the support of her friend, Mooney, and that of her family.

Daddy spares no expense in planning a blow-out weekend to celebrate Mama’s 60th in style and enlists the help of the sisters to ensure that all of Mama’s wishes come true. But when a day at the spa turns deadly, Whitt and Finley must put themselves in danger to prove that the person accused of the crime is innocent.

Join these wander-lusting sisters as they put the pieces of the puzzle together to get justice for the innocent in this tale of patchouli and a patch.

Their plans for...

Links

As I had already read Murder in the Medina before reading this book, I did not find any difficulty in following the story or the characters, However, I would have loved this book better if there was a backstory to the characters (more than what is explained in this book and the next.) The mystery behind the murder was okay - since the crime happens in the second half of the book, there wasn't a lot of clues for the Blake Sisters to explore. Overall, this was a pretty good novella. Rating: 3.5/5

This book was a short and fun read. The characters were personable, and the story held my full attention. I look forward to reading more books by this author. I highly recommend this book to other mystery readers.