Daughter of Redwinter
by Ed McDonald
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 12 Sep 2023
Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Tor Books
Those who see the dead soon join them.
From the author of the critically-acclaimed Blackwing trilogy comes Ed McDonald's Daughter of Redwinter, the first of a brilliant fantasy series about how one choice can change a universe.
Raine can see—and speak—to the dead, a gift that comes with a death sentence. All her life she has hidden, lied, and run to save her skin, and she’s made some spectacularly bad choices along the way.
But it is a rare act of kindness—rescuing an injured woman in the snow—that becomes the most dangerous decision Raine has ever made.
Because the woman is fleeing from Redwinter, the fortress-monastery of the Draoihn, warrior magicians who answer to no king, and who will stop at nothing to reclaim what she’s stolen. A battle, a betrayal, and a horrific revelation force Raine to enter the citadel and live among the Draoihn. She soon finds that her secret ability could be the key to saving an entire nation.
Though she might have to die to make it happen . . .
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National consumer advertising, including venues such as Den of Geek, Dragonmount, Goodreads, and Book Riot
- Prepublication buzz campaign including trade and consumer advertising and Goodreads outreach
- Pre-order campaign with promotional item supported via social media advertising
- Digital ARC outreach to booksellers, librarians, media, and genre influencers via Edelweiss and NetGalley
- Major digital marketing campaign featuring an extensive content program with sweepstakes, newsletter features, author guest posts, list posts, and more
- Digital preview
- Tor.com promotions
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 160 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Particia A. McKillip, Introduction by Marjorie Liu, Foreword by Gail Carriger, Illustrations by Stephanie Law, Cover Art by Thomas Canty
Literary Fiction, Sci Fi & Fantasy, Teens & YA