Josey Johnson's Hair and the Holy Spirit

Pub Date 10 May 2022 | Archive Date 09 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #JoseyJohnsonsHairandtheHolySpirit #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When Josey wonders why people are so different, Dad helps her understand that our differences aren't a mistake. In fact, we have many differences because God is creative! Josie is spending the day with Dad—getting her hair braided at Monique's Beauty Shop, and picking out a new red dress for Sunday. Because Sunday is Pentecost! In the process, she learns to celebrate the differences she sees all around her as part of God's plan for his creation. Children and the adults who read with them are invited to join Josey as she learns of God's wonderfully diverse design. Also included is a note from the author to encourage further conversation about the content. Discover IVP Kids and share with children the things that matter to God!

Send to Kindle (PDF)