Unraveling

Poems

Narrated by Brandon Leake
Pub Date 08 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 08 Mar 2022
Andrews McMeel Audio, Andrews McMeel Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #Unraveling #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Season 15 winner of America's Got Talent, Brandon Leake, presents his debut poetry collection.  Brandon is the first spoken word poet to compete on AGT and to receive the Golden Buzzer award in the first round, going on to win the entire competition!
From famous spoken word poet, artistic educator, and founder/CEO of “Called to Move” Brandon Leake comes his debut poetry collection Unraveling. In an era of self love, the ability to love oneself is only as effective as the ability to know oneself. Throughout his collection, Leake asks readers to look at something beautiful, yet still see its flaws. On the flip side, he encourages readers to look at something evil, and yet still see the beauty it holds.

Universally relatable, surprisingly educational, and all around powerful, Unraveling is a collection of poetry inspiring us to slow down, breathe, and read between the lines.
Season 15 winner of America's Got Talent, Brandon Leake, presents his debut poetry collection.  Brandon is the first spoken word poet to compete on AGT and to receive the Golden Buzzer award in the...

A Note From the Publisher

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
DURATION 1 Hours, 15 Minutes, 3 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)

"I find peace in my conversations with god but too often times I put him on hold to dialogue with my fears." This was a beautiful and thought-provoking book. I was very grateful to be allowed to listen to this as an audiobook. It felt long, one long beautiful spoken word poem. Brandon's performance indeed left me reflective of what it means to be black—specifically, unravelling all of the facets of existing and navigating through spaces as a black man. Brandon Leake's book was a refreshing poetry book that touches on perfectionism, love, religion, addiction, job insecurity, gender, and masculinity– this book truly unravels black life and navigation. His performance made this book worth a listen. I will be posting a review next month.