Winter Storm

Pub Date 17 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #WinterStorm #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Willow Daniels has a heart of gold and is willing to help anyone who needs it. When she helps Ethan McCormick one snowy night, she may have made the biggest mistake of her life. Trapped by a winter storm in a tiny North Yorkshire village, Willow is forced to re-evaluate everything she believes in and wonders if anyone is truly who they seem.

Fate may have brought her to Ethan, but as danger closes in, she must draw on strengths she never knew she possessed in order to protect the man she has grown to love.

Protection—not only against Ethan's worst enemy but also against himself.

A Note From the Publisher

Romantic Suspense

Romantic Suspense

EDITION Ebook

Good book! Thus book had a bit of everything! It had suspense, intrigue, action , A bit of a who done it and heartbreak and heartache! The storyline was very interesting, it flowed nicely. I will definitely recommend reading this one! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

Winter Storm is the story of two worlds meeting. Willow's world is good, sweet, kind and generous. Ethan's is dangerous and full of mistrust. A winter storm will force these two together in order to save each other as a traitor has them in his sights.

After getting lost, Willow pulls into a parking lot to get her bearings and a man jumps in her car and tells her to drive. She refuses, but the gun he’s aiming at her changes things. Long story short, she takes him home with her and they get snowed in. Is he truly a good guy as he claims, she wonders. Ethan wonders if she’s truly as trusting as she appears. Both have lots to learn about each other and the snow gives them some time to do just that. But is someone really after Ethan? If so, who and how can Willow help save him yet again? This was listed under mysteries but it’s more a romance, which isn’t my style. Though it was a quick read and I actually enjoyed the story and setting.

I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion. This was a nice heart warming read. The protective undercover detective and his guardian angel. Both characters were relatable and I love a protective male over his angel theme. Very touching romantic suspense.

Willow is lost in a snowstorm. She pulls over to get her bearings. Suddenly the passenger door opens and a man with a gun gets in and says drive. Thus begins a page turning mystery that keeps you guessing right up to the last page. Really good story.

The intense beginning reeled me in, and the continuous action and suspense kept me hooked. Willow Daniels lives a quiet, happy life and she never once considered that her generous, open heart can get her in serious trouble. When Ethan McCormick forced himself into her life, she had to re-evaluate everything she knew about people. Stuck together in Willow’s house during a heavy snow storm, she shows him the better side of humanity. My first thought was, jeez, how stupid can a woman be. But then we see that Willow is a nurturer and it’s natural for her to take care of everyone around her, even a man who is potentially dangerous. I have no idea what I would’ve done in her shoes. The tension builds up really well, as well as the growing attraction between Willow and Ethan. I guessed at the identity of Ethan’s adversary, but I was never 100% sure. There was an incident between Willow and her friend, Sam, who she had dated a few times in the past, that didn’t make a lot of sense to me. It came out of the blue, it didn’t really add anything to the story, and it was very childish. Willow stayed true to her character throughout the story. I was pleasantly surprised by this book and I can recommend it if you like romantic suspense. It’s not steamy at all, the focus is more on Ethan’s attempts to keep Willow safe, but the romance between them is well done. Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This review is also posted on my blog at https://hookedbythatbook.com