Beautiful Eyes

In Their Eyes

Pub Date 13 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 15 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #BeautifulEyes #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Entrepreneur Smith MacLean is obsessed with Alessandra Soriano, a woman he met briefly who disappeared six months ago. After a shocking reunion at Club Kink, he insists she stay with him. He means to find out where she's been.

Alessandra walked away from her life after making a mistake that cost everything. Her self-imposed penance is living in poverty and doing questionable things with questionable people. Now she's in Smith's luxurious condo, under his hand, and obeying his rules.

He has thirty days to convince her to come back from limbo. She has thirty days to convince him she needs to be forgotten. Unless the flames of lust consume them first.

EDITION Ebook

This book reminded me a lot of 50 shades of grey, but didn't have as much detail. Some of the storyline felt choppy in the beginning as the plot was being unfolded, but it all came together nicely in the end with the answers to all the questions I had. I may just be an inpatient reader. But I kept asking myself, did they explain this, did I miss it? (if you think this, keep reading!) All in all, a good, fun, quick read.

I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion. Allie went missing and Smith is a guy that desperately wants to find her. He feels a connection with her like no other. Once Allie is found there is a lot of trauma and devastating things that have happened to her. Smith will not give up on her though and makes it his mission to make her submit not only the truth but to him.

Like 50 Shades of Grey, but better! Alessandra Soriano disappeared 6 months ago without a trace. Smith Maclean became obsessed with finding her because, although they had only met once, she had been close to his best friend. Then he spots her one night at Club Kink and insists she come to stay with him. He wants 30 days to find out why she disappeared - she won’t give up the information easily - but he does have ways of persuading her… This book had a good amount of spice vs storyline, and I wanted to keep reading to get to the bottom of what happened to Alessandra to make her run! It also made a nice change that the female lead was the enigma, rather than the man. It was a fast-paced read and I finished it in one sitting. I hadn’t realised it was the second part of a trilogy but it was stand-alone with just a couple of references so I understood the storyline. I will read the other two now though! My only slight annoyance was that it felt like the author used unnecessarily ‘posh’ words at times, for example always using ‘imbibe’ rather than drinking. Other than that, an excellent read, and I would recommend!

This is a brand new author for me and I so enjoyed this book. While its book two in the series ,it can be read as a standalone, as I didn't read the first book. The story between Gage provided a intense relationship between the two as Allie is having personal issues. It was well written BDSM story and well worth the read in my opinion. It did not disappoint in any way!

Smith and Allie have a complex and evolving relationship. The story moved at a good pace, and it kept my interest. Overall, I enjoyed the book.