Found Along The Way

Stories from the Camino de Santiago

Pub Date 15 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 03 Apr 2022
Sand Hill Review Press, LLC, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #FoundAlongTheWay #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When Sheila Kogan lost her boyfriend, job, and dog, what she thought were the mainstays of her life, she experienced the tough lesson of not being in control. But fate and a friend encouraged her to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain—by herself. At first, she scoffed at the absurdity of a non-hiking, anti-backpacking, limited-Spanish-speaking, saint-resisting, Jewish-Catholic skeptic walking The Way of Saint James. Yet there was a tug to follow this thousand-year-old trail—if she could do it.

In twenty connected stories, Sheila Kogan’s Found Along The Way takes us on her five-hundred-mile pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago. Through humorous, homey, at times sacred experiences, we travel on a journey between doubt and trust, exhaustion and rebirth.

A Note From the Publisher

Kindle 9781949534238

Kindle 9781949534238

Advance Praise

“Honest, inspiring, funny and humble, Sheila guides us along the Camino and her deeply personal pilgrimage. Found Along The Way is for anyone contemplating a spiritual journey, regardless of faith. Reading this book, you might not walk the Camino yourself, but you will make friends with someone who has.”
—Alon Shalev, author of the award-winning Wycaan Master series.

“Whimsical yet cuts to the bone, Found Along The Way takes the reader on an adventure, making unexpected friendships and invigorating one’s soul. Uplifting.”
—Barbara Hawkins Writer/Virtual Traveler, author of Behind the Forgotten Front

“Having never walked the Camino de Santiago, I now know what I might encounter having read Sheila Kogan’s Found Along The Way. What I found was disarming honesty and fresh images, story after story. She writes of encounters, both with God and total strangers who became friends—even angels when such were needed.”
—Reverend Thomas P. Sweetser, SJ, director of the Parish Evaluation Project, author of Can Francis Change the Church?

EDITION Paperback