Heart Takes the Stage

A Heart of the City Collection

Pub Date 03 May 2022 | Archive Date 03 May 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HeartTakestheStage #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Warm, funny, and a visual delight, Steenz's take on Heart of the City is next-level."  –Dana Simpson, Phoebe and Her Unicorn

This first book collection of Heart of the City comics by the strip’s new creator, Steenz, is packed with outstanding art, a diverse cast of characters, and engaging, positive storylines about friendship, pop culture, ghost stories, and a wide range of real-world issues.

Heart Lamarr is a girl with big dreams who lives in Philadelphia with her single mom. She has her sights set on a life of theater, but she runs into plenty of drama off-stage, too. Luckily, her best friends Dean, Kat, and Charlotte form a stellar supporting cast to help Heart navigate the challenging world of school plays, cliques, rumors, and everything else middle school throws at them.

This first book collection of Heart of the City comics by the strip’s...

A Note From the Publisher

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

*Thanks to Netgalery for the eARC of this middle grade graphic novel*

(TW: None)

This collection of comic strips by Steenz flew me back to my days as a goofy 11 year old. This would have been just the sort of comic strip I would have read and re-read over and over again. Delightful humour and a charming drawing style, I felt instant nostalgia reading this! I loved it, and hope to see a sequel soon!

My love of comics began with reading the comics section of the newspaper every weekend as a kid. Reading this collection was a joyful experience that took me back to those fun moments. I don't read a lot of comic strips anymore but I am always delighted to find a new series (especially one that brings me joy, like this one!). Heart Takes the Stage is smart, funny, and charming, and will be sure to make you smile.

Fantastic middle grade graphic novel! Funny and very relatable! Heart is a fun goofball character that readers will love!