No No Square

Pub Date 30 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 21 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #NoNoSquare #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

No No Square was written to assist parents and guardians in the tough topic of educating children at an early age on body boundaries, while also helping to create a safe space for children to always tell an adult. It is important to talk to children at an early age about bad touch, understanding when to say no if someone tries to assault them, and that even someone close to them may try to touch them. No No Square does this by using three common examples in a child-friendly way that is easy to understand, which will aid children to recognize when it's important to say no if strangers, other children, and family members try to touch them inappropriately. This book serves as a conversation starter for young children to discuss with their parents about bad touch by illustrating predators as monsters. With this book, children will learn what body boundaries are, how to sense danger when people want to touch them, know that no one should touch them inappropriately, and tell an adult.

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an e-book of "No No Square" in exchange for an honest review.

My child was learning about personal safety this week at school, so I figured it would be a good time to read this book at home. It's one thing to have a discussion with your children about inappropriate behavior and what to watch out for, but putting it in a less scary way, such at this book, makes it a bit more relatable to them.

The rhyme sounds silly BUT it's made to be easy to remember for children and I think that really resonates with kids.

I felt a bit awkward reading the book at times, because it is an uncomfortable topic to read-a-loud about BUT
this is the type of lesson that is so important. As parents we must impress upon our children the importance of protecting themselves and telling an adult if someone tries to do something inappropriate to them.