Pub Date 14 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 05 Jul 2022
Harper 360, Fourth Estate

Talking about this book? Use #Lucky #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘I devoured it.’ Erin Kelly
‘An exhilarating voice’ Adele Parks
‘Unbelievably tense and twisty.’ Laura Marshall

Rachel Edwards

The more she wins, the more she loses…

‘Absorbing, unsettling, unflinching. I’ve been thinking about it for days and I’ll be recommending it to everyone.’ Caz Frear, author of Sweet Little Lies

Someone is watching Etta. Footsteps in the night, the security light coming on at strange hours … is it all just her curtain-twitching neighbours, who seem to monitor her every move? Or is her little online problem making her paranoid?

Because Etta needs to win big. She joined a gambling website to get a bit of cash, hoping to convince her boyfriend Ola that they can afford to get married. And she was so good at it … until she wasn’t. Luckily, she’s made a friend who hit the jackpot and if she plays her cards right, he could lend her the money to win everything back. Easy. So why does she feel so afraid?

‘I devoured it.’ Erin Kelly
‘An exhilarating voice’ Adele Parks
‘Unbelievably tense and twisty.’ Laura Marshall

Rachel Edwards

The more she wins, the more she loses…

‘Absorbing, unsettling...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This is the first novel I have read by this author, but it won't be the last. Not only is the premise original, and beautifully executed, the writing itself is sparky and fresh - I found myself excited by the prose even before anything had happened!

A good quick fun read for an afternoon escape, a weekend at the beach, a long plain ride etc. It will take you away and won't disappoint.

Lucky by Rachel Edwards really delves into how one small gambling bet can snowball into addiction and all the things that follow that addiction. I liked the book's setting, and the characters were believable. The story was interesting and really showed the dark side of what people will do to keep up appearances.

A 3.5 out of 5 stars

#Lucky #NetGalley @Harper360

Lucky by Rachel Edwards is an exciting read! What I love best is the complex main character who feels so real as she spirals. The plot keeps you guessing and has an ending that is absolutely perfect!

Yessss a domestic thriller that I couldn’t predict. Loved the idea behind this thriller! It was well written and the characters and their flaws were perfectly executed. Thank you net galley for the copy!

Etta lives a moderately simple life in England. She hopes to soon marry her longtime boyfriend Ola, but he is dragging his feet until they save a decent nestegg. Etta becomes desperate to raise the funds and turns to online gambling for a quick fix, the first of her many dangerous mistakes.

A slow burning domestic thriller filled with secrets, lies, and betrayals, Lucky is not a book you will soon forget. Follow Etta as she tumbles through a downward spiral of mistakes. Rachel Edwards is a master at describing the feelings and tensions as she slowly turns the screws on Etta's life. This book will burn your hands as you read it! It's so entrancing and so provoking! #Harper360 #Lucky #RachelEdwards #Netgalley #NetGalleyreads