Adventuring through the Bible

A Guide to the Entire Bible

Pub Date 05 Jul 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #AdventuringthroughtheBible #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Understand the big picture of Scripture from Genesis to Revelation by walking step-by-step through each book of the Bible. This Home Edition of the Ray Stedman classic is an easy-to-use guide that brings out the historical background and spiritual message of Scripture. Ideal for personal application or small group study.

A Note From the Publisher

No Kindle file at this time.

No Kindle file at this time.

An absolute MUST book for everyone's home library.. Have been blessed with a copy of this book for a number of years now. To this day, I refer and recommend it often.

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley for review and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Originally written in 1997, this is a fresh rewriting of a comprehensive look at the bible. It has nine parts, from an overview, into the Law books, through history, poetry, promises and the life of Christ through Revelation. Timeline of biblical history sets the stage. Gorgeous photography throughout. A reference for any reader of scripture and we'll worth the price. Recommending highly to bible study participants and churches.

While not deep enough in parts to provide me with the study I was expecting, Stedman’s ‘Adventuring Through The Bible’ still gave me a fantastic preview of each book in the bible. Where I was expecting an in-depth look at each chapter, I instead got a summary outline for each of the 66 books. However, I appreciated having an overview of the time in which the events were occurring, the people involved in each chapter, and a timeline that allowed me to see what was happening before, at the same time, and after the events, I was going to study. It was important for me to have references to Bible era places with modern-day equivalents so that I could easily synchronize what I was reading with the geographical knowledge I already possessed. Likewise, I appreciated the insights into the religious and social customs of bible days. Of importance to me were the maps, timelines, illustrations because they enhanced my experience. I learned a lot about the Old Testament and the New Testament and how they complimented each other. Steadman is gifted in explaining the connections.

While not a one-stop-shop resource, this non-technical guide is a great resource for anyone starting to study the bible. The reading plans are some of the best I’ve seen and can be adjusted to a 2-year plan if readers are wanting to go at a slower pace.

I was gifted this advance copy by Ray C. Stedman, Our Daily Bread Publishing, and NetGalley and was under no obligation to provide a review.

This book is an amazing tool and comprehensive guide for reading the Bible and would be the perfect read if you are new to the Bible and/or a great resource if you are already familiar with it. It’s a beautiful book with gorgeous color photos and maps. There are timelines throughout the book so you can understand the sequence in which events occurred, which is helpful because events in the Bible do not happen in chronological order. Paragraphs are separated into themes to make understanding easier and the author has created easy to follow outlines that point you to the location of the themes he’s discussing. I will be buying the physical copy of this book once it’s published because it’s definitely a book I want in my Bible study collection.

Thank you to Our Daily Bread Publishing and NetGalley for the advanced copy of this book!

I wanted to like this book so much. The concept to me was spot on as I am always looking for a new book for my Bible study. However, the wording was just too much and too lengthy.

This book made me want to read my bible more. I loved the descriptive pictures in this book and felt very studious. I will be purchasing the physical copy to have in my home library as reference.

What a wonderful resource for the history of the Bible! I love the illustrations including pictures and maps to help the reader get a sense of life in Bible times! I would recommend this to families to further knowledge and understanding of the Word!

I found this book so helpful as I have been doing my own Bible studies. I have turned to the book many times when I was trying to understand when something was happening in the Bible. The timelines were very helpful. I highly recommend this book to new and seasoned Christians!

The book is beautifully structured, e.g. it is clearly designed using timelines. The book is divided by topic, so you can easily choose which parts you want to read. In addition, there are always Bible references and the stories of the great prophets are well summarized. The book is perdect for Bible beginners as well as for Bible professionals or for those who are just curious about what is written in the Bible. In addition, it is certainly also great as a reading next to the Bible, as certain stories, sayings and verses are taken up and explained in more detail.

I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. Love this book so much, highly recommend for all Christian's out there.

Nice overview over the story of the whole bible. We need this more often!

It is a great book with beautiful pictures and timelines.

I loved this book and how it goes hand in hand with the bible and filled with maps and information to help you understand the bible better
This is that book that should be your companion for daily bible study

Review: Adventuring through the Bible

Ray Stedman has managed to turn the reading and study of the Bible into an adventure. This collection of sermons journeys through all the books in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Each book is given its own chapter and each chapter starts with a timeline and a thematic summary of the contents which helps in understanding the original author's train of thought. Add to that images and the studied words of the author, and you have a collection of sermons that fulfills the instructions:

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

and

Matthew 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

At times the book is wordy, but that is more than made up for with the scriptural insights and knowledge of the author.
This book is not a quick read but one to chew on, savor and slowly digest over a period of time.
There is something in each chapter for both layman and preacher. It is a book to be read and reread and read again. It deserves a place on any bookshelf.

This is one book I wish I had a physical copy of because of how rich it is. It follows a topical yet still canon approach to looking at the meta narrative first, the look at the books of law as steps to maturity, history of the people, the promises of God, then delves into the New Testamemt. This book gives a bird’s eye view of each book and how they relate to the other books they are nearby.

The timeline at the beginning is clutch and so awesome to have, as it helps to really see how spaced out the events in the Bible are.

I definitely recommend this book to those who want a deeper look at the books of the Bible yet don’t want to do the studying themselves.

Fun book 'adventuring' through the Bible and gives good insight for those who are reading it for the first time or long-time readers. There's something for everyone here.

This book serves as excellent supplemental reading for those who are reading the Bible and also want background information that is written in layman’s terms. The information presented is clearly written and not overpowering so the reader is provided with enough information to get a good perspective about each book of the Bible. Also very helpful are the timeline charts and the pictures.

This is a very good reference book for personal and group study use and it also makes a great gift.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by the publisher and Net Galley but the thoughts expressed are my own.