Imposter

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Imposter #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Two sisters, a lifetime of secrets

Lilian and Rosie were once the closest of sisters, but the untimely death of their parents pulled them apart. Now, three years on, Rosie has reached out to her big sister, asking to meet. Driving on an icy road in the middle of a snowstorm, Rosie admits that she has something important to tell Lilian—a secret she describes as a matter of life and death. But before she has a chance to tell Lilian, a car careers into theirs, with devastating consequences.

Lilian survives unscathed, but Rosie is left with a traumatic brain injury, unable to communicate. Lilian is convinced that someone deliberately rammed Rosie’s car. But why? As Lilian begins to explore her sister’s past, she uncovers disturbing secrets that make her question if she ever really knew Rosie.

The closer Lilian comes to the truth, the more danger she and Rosie find themselves in. But Lilian is certain of one thing: she abandoned her little sister once before and will never do so again. Even if it means sacrificing everything.

Independent Booksellers, please consider nominating IMPOSTER for September IndieNext List

Voting Deadline: July 7, 2022

Librarians, please consider nominating IMPOSTER for September Library Reads List

Voting Deadline: August 1, 2022

Two sisters, a lifetime of secrets

Advance Praise

"Suspense readers will swoon over Bradeigh Godfrey's Imposter, which is everything a psychological thriller should be: unsettling, totally immersive and completely unpredictable, with flawless writing and characters that readers will identify and empathize with. Spine-chillingly, jaw-droppingly good!"—Mary Kubica, New York Times bestselling author of Local Woman Missing

“Brimming with gasp-worthy surprises, Imposter is my favorite kind of thriller: twisty, unsettling, and emotionally rich. Bradeigh Godfrey expertly amplifies tension throughout her impressive, propulsive debut, one which culminates in an ending that even the most seasoned reader will not see coming.”—Megan Collins, bestselling author of The Family Plot

“After Lilian and her estranged sister Rosie survive a near fatal hit and run, Lilian must uncover long buried secrets from Rosie’s troubled past to keep them both safe. The lines between reality and illusion blur as Imposter builds to an electrifying twist and action packed ending. A great debut of psychological suspense from a writer to watch!”—Wendy Walker, internationally bestselling author of All Is Not Forgotten and Emma In the Night

Marketing Plan

Social media campaign

Author website:...

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This is the rare type of a thriller that really delves into the protagonist’s psyche and enables the reader to understand their motivations in depth. The love between the two sisters and their bond are the moving force behind this excellent story. Absolutely recommended.

Incredible thriller that’s extremely fast paced but still with the concrete story. I was immediately taken in by the plot and drawn to the main character. I couldn’t wait to find out how the book ended. I wasn’t disappointed! Highly recommend!

Rosie has something to tell her sister, but they haven’t been close since their parents died. And when they finally do get together, a car accident ruins her chance. Will Lillian ever know what was so important?
I could not put this book down, and I audibly gasped several times. Fast-paced and kept me guessing.

This book was just the right kind of creepy. I loved it! It kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat from chapter one.

What a solid debut!
Insane, compelling and very well written. Imposter by Bradeigh Godfrey held me tight for one wild, intense, and interesting ride!

The characterization is very good and honestly the characters are what sell this story.
They are always easy to visualize and intriguing from start to finish!
Godfrey knows how to write a book that holds your attention from the first word through to the last!
This book is amazing. Page after page, I couldn't stop reading!

If this is her debut, I predict a long, rewarding and successful career in Godfrey's future.

Overall, this is for sure a mystery/thriller to look forward to late this year.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

Blackstone Publishing,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!
I will post my review to my platforms, blog, B&N and Waterstone closer to pub date.