Wishtress

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 13 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Wishtress #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

She didn’t ask to be the Wishtress.

Myrthe was born with the ability to turn her tears into wishes. But when a granted wish goes wrong, she is cursed: the next tear she sheds will kill her. To break the curse she must travel to the Well before it claims her life—and before the king’s militairen find her. To survive the journey, Myrthe will have to harden her heart to keep herself from crying even a single tear.

He can stop time with a snap of his fingers.

Bastiaan’s powerful—and rare—Talent came in handy when he kidnapped the old king. Now the new king has a job for him: find the Wishtress and deliver her to the schloss. But Bastiaan needs a wish of his own. He gains Myrthe’s trust by promising to take her to the Well, but once he gets what he needs, he’ll turn her in. As long as his growing feelings for the girl with a stone heart don’t compromise his job.

Their quest can end only one way: with her death.

Everyone seems to need a wish—the king, Myrthe’s cousin, the boy she thinks she loves. And they’re ready to bully, beg, and betray her for it. No one knows that to grant even one wish, Myrthe would pay with her life. And if she tells them about the curse . . . they’ll just kill her anyway.

She didn’t ask to be the Wishtress.

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Breathtaking and beautifully written. I couldn’t get enough.

Secrets, romance, magic—this book is unique and brilliant.

This is a book I wish I could forget and read, over and over, for the first time.

Rumplestiltskin meets Frozen in a gorgeous fantasy world that reminds me very much of The Netherlands or Denmark.
What would happen if a power that was intrinsically part of you would kill you the next time you use it? How do you cope when everyone around you wants to use that power, regardless of the consequences? And how do you know when someone truly cares for you instead of the power you have? Nadine Brandes handles all of these questions beautifully and I seriously love this book.
Myrthe and Bastiaan are the best and I love them. 10/10 recommend!

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher, all opinions are my own and a review was not required.

What a book! I loved reading Nadine Brandes’ most recent book, Wishtress! First of all, Bastiaan😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 (fangirl screaming). I still have no idea how to pronounce his name, but I am in love with him!!!! I loved how he had such amazing morals and deeply desired to do what was right. Though he did fail at times, he was willing to admit his wrongs and ask for forgiveness. I really need to know if he was able to fix his talent!!! (Iykyk)
Myrthe was an amazing heroine! She went through so much and tried to harden her heart but her actions proved that her heart was still tender. I loved reading about her story and how she was willing to give up her life for others!
And Runt! That one part at the end left me flabbergasted! Did not see that coming!!!!!
Another think I love about Nadine’s books is that they are so unpredictable! They keep me guessing the whole time and definitely do not follow any typical book stereotypes. This book did not disappoint! Near the end I kept thinking it was about to be over but it kept going lol😂
Anyway, this was an AMAZING BOOK! I am so thankful I was given the chance to read and review it!