Little Rumours

Pub Date 21 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 12 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #LittleRumours #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘WARNING: do not start reading this if you have things to do. It’s a page-turner you won’t be able to stop thinking about.’ NetGalley Reviewer

It started with a rumour. But rumours can be deadly…

In a small town, three mothers wave goodbye to their children at the school gates.

Naomi has lived in Exton Cross since she was born, and she knows everything there is to know about everyone.

Aleema hates it here. It’s been three years and she’s yet to make a single friend. And she’s sure the other mums whisper about her behind her back.

Kelly is an outsider. New to the town, she arrives with nothing but her son – and a dark secret.

By the end of the school day, one of their children will be missing. And rumours will swirl that one of them knows why…

Secrets and lies will come to light with devastating consequences in this dark and twisty psychological thriller, perfect for fans of Big Little Lies and Adele Parks.

Readers LOVE Little Rumours:

Holy heck! I LOVED this book. So many twists and turns!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I loved everything about this book. You need to read it!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Five stars all the way! A rollercoaster ride.’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘An unstoppable read! You’ll be on the edge of your seat!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘This book grabbed me from the very first chapter and didn’t let go… absolutely knocked my socks off!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Gripping from the very start. I couldn’t read this book fast enough!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pacy, gripping, twisty. I’d give it more than five stars if I could’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow! What a ride! A psychological thriller at its best.’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gripping, chilling, intense, thrilling, absorbing. Five stars!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I promise you’ve never read a book like this. The ending had me shook.’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I loved this one. Fast-paced, believable and gave me chills.’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Phenomenal writing and plotting. Enjoyable, twisty, amazing characters. What more can I ask for? Perfect!’ NetGalley Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It started with a...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This is a sensational thriller that immediately brings you in and hold the reader captive until the last page. I absolutely didn’t know what to expect but was giddy play the ending. I would highly recommend this for any reader that likes a thriller.

Good book! This book had suspense, intrigue, action, and a great who done it! The storyline was very interesting and flowed nicely! I will definitely recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

When I read someons review that said basically to not have plans because you will not want to put this book down I kind of chuckled like ... sure ok... I should have listened to them. The ride home from my daughter's ballet class was abolute torture. However, reading while I was driving is highly frowned upon. so I endured.

This book, told in multiple point of views, is completely captivating. I was drawn in immediately. The way the author gives you a little of the picture at a time in a sort of flashback kind of way, keeps you fully invested needing to know what happens. I have three girls, so the thought of one going missing literally makes my legs go weak. I can't even imagine the pain, and worry. So when Aleema and Noah's chapters were up my heart just broke for them. The chapters where they are just having to sit tight and wait are excruciating. Kelly's chapters were hard because I had no idea what to think. About 80% of the way in is when I had the gist of what was going on figured out, but there were sitll a few twists that I did not really see coming. These characters are relatable. They are well developed and very different.. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I have never rushed to finish a book as quickly as I did this one.

So again I will echo the other reviewers advice. Do not start until you are certain you have time to finish.

Fast-paced and suspenseful from start to finish. This thriller stunned me. Twist after twist I did not see coming. A fantastically well crafted whodunit. You must read this one!

Thank you #Netgalley for this advanced copy!

As I read in the reviews, this book you will not want to put down. It found true for me as well, I finished within 24hrs of starting! In a small protective town, we follow three mothers, though they may not be best of friends, their children are. One evening when a child does not come home at her expected time, her parents Aleema and Noah retrace footsteps and are unable to locate their daughter. They of course go to her two best friends, Liam and Joe, who are also unaware of where she may be. A search party immediately commences and we follow the perspective of Naomi, Aleema and Kelly. Of course, each mother has their owns secrets they want to keep private, but they slowly begin to unravel. Kelly in particular worries for her and her son, who we quickly learn are in witness protection due to their family trauma years prior. When this news makes its way into Naomi's hands, the secrets begin to spill out quickly, causing additional turmoil. So many twists and turns keeping you guessing until the very end! Highly recommend!

Whhhoooaaa!! What a crazy, twisted ride of insane proportions! This novel unraveled amazingly well & smoothly and I couldn't put it down.

Loved this one!! It was a quick, easy and entertaining read. The characters were all realistic and the storyline was excellent. I enjoyed all the small hints for big things upcoming in the book. Highly recommend!!

This was the most suspenseful thriller I've ever read. I never imagined a thriller could make me cry happy tears. I'm not sure I have the right words to express my feelings regarding this book. If you take nothing else away from this review, remember that this is a book that you must read.

thank you netgalley for the arc copy in exchange for an honest review.

I was given this book by NetGalley for an honest review - - Three mothers watch their children wave goodbye - one will not return
Did she run away, was she taken?? Rumors fly -
Kelly and her son are in witness protection as her husband was convicted of murder.
When Aleema's daughter goes missing , of course the rumors start for Kelly and her son. Are the rumors true? Can they survive the towns anger? Will they find the missing girl?

Kellys and Joe have moved into witness protection. When a girl Joe knows from school ( also one of his best friends) goes missing, he is automatically a suspect. A page turner from the first page.

Book: Little Rumours
Author: Bryony Pearce
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pub Date: June 21, 2022

This book started out slow for me and I almost quit reading it. But I am so glad I didn’t! The different use of words was hard for me in the beginning and I think that was what was off-putting. I can’t even put my finger on what changed but at some point I became invested in this story and couldn’t put it down. It turned into a fast-paced, intense, gripping thriller that will make your pulse quicken as you get closer to the end. The storyline was very believable and all of the characters were relatable. I honestly wouldn’t have titled the book “Little Rumours” because the rumours completely change the course of direction for these people’s lives. I figured out who had done it before it was revealed and maybe you will also but it doesn’t change the intensity of the book at all. This would make a great movie!

Thanks to HarperCollins and NetGalley for allowing me this sneak peek! Publication date is June 21, 2022.

I loved this one! Three families, three secrets, one missing child. That is my worst nightmare, for my child to go missing.

It is told through Aleema, Kelly and Naomi’s point of views, so you got a great idea about what they are thinking and feeling as the plot thickened.

Naomi has lived in Exton Cross her whole life and knows everyone. Aleema moved there three years ago and hates it. She is a muslim woman that the women shut out. Kelly and her son are new to the town. There is also a character named Abi that is friends with Naomi and has an older son. At the end of the day, one of their children is missing.

I felt many emotions reading this. Pain at the thought of a missing child. Frustration at how Aleema and Kelly are treated throughout the book. The anger one of the boys feels about a situation I don’t want to spoil.

I figured out the twist of where the missing child was before it came to be on the novel, but not the why.

If you want a quick read, pick this one up!

Three women live in a small town. Kelly, Aleema, Namoi. A town that has trouble accepting outsiders, where two of these women are grockles (as outsiders are called by the locals).

But they are all facing losses that inform their characters, and the actions they take as they search for a missing girl. Nature vs. nature, relationships between husbands and wives, neighbor vs. neighbor - all the good and bad of a small town comes together over a couple of dark nights.

Then there are the children: Joe, Leon, Seth, Mia. The boys are having a crisis of identity, while Mia is firm in knowing who she is and who her friends are. But when she goes missing, presumed dead, there are secrets revealed that lead to rumors of the worst kind - rumors that will put people in grave danger and distract from the search. Rain, darkness of night, and high emotions all contribute to this taut thriller, and if you're like me, you will shed tears at the grief, bravery and hope of these three women.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harper 360/Avon for an advanced reader's copy.

Little Rumours is a solid mystery and while it wasn't hard for me to figure out the culprit I enjoyed the twists and turns along the way. I'm interested in reading more of the books by the author based off this one!

I liked the small town feel and I love books set outside of the US. As a mom, I love books that give me perspective of how other moms live because being a mom can be quite lonely. Thank you net galley for this book!

The only thing that Aleema, Naomi and Kelly have in common is that their three children, Mia, Leon and Joe, are best friends. Aleema and her husband Noah have moved to Exton Cross to help his mother after a stroke. Aleema and Mia are the only Muslims in the village. Kelly is a single mother with a dark past that she protects by avoiding even the smallest attempts at friendship. Naomi has lived in Exton Cross her whole life and knows too well the rumour driven gossip that fuels small town life.

When Mia doesn’t come home from the park one day and the townspeople frantically search for the missing eleven year old girl, all secrets will be revealed. And some people have been lying for so long that no one will believe the truth.

In an author’s note, Bryony Pearce explains her characters. All the women are dealing with loss. Other themes in Little Rumours are bullying and abuse. Pearce deals with all of these in a small town setting. This psychological thriller is well written and fast paced with realistic characters and a plot that keeps you turning the pages until the surprising epilogue. 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Avon Books UK and Bryony Pearce for this ARC.

Ok! THIS book. It took me a bit to get into it. I put it to the side a few times and finally just said I was going to finish it.. It really picks up in the middle! After a certain point I could not put it down. I love how there were three womens perspectives. I don't think I have read many thrillers set up like this so it made it fun trying to figure out the twists with three point of views and oh boy are there some twists! The book also deals with some themes like bullying, abuse and racism. The characters felt so real and really fleshed out.. Sometimes, like in the beginning some of the characters really annoyed me but I like that Byrony took the time in the first falf of the book to explain their backstory and to see their motives throughout the book and why. This book also had some emotional punches thrown in! Overall this was a fun read that I wil be sure to grab a physical copy of! Thank you for the arc!

Amazing book that hooks you from the first few lines. I read this one in a day. I loved all the little twists that make you think as you read the story. Great ending!

This is a heart wrenching story about grief, loss, and what a mother would do to protect their child. We follow three different families dealing with discrimination in different way. We have Kelly who is an outsider trying to keep a family secret while dealing with the heavy pressure of public opinion, Aleema who is a practicing Muslim dealing with racism, and Noami who is trying to stay connected with her son who is being bullied at school. When one of their children go missing the village heavily relies on rumors being spread.

The beginning is a little slow as we are introduced to all of the different families but once things get going I did not want to put it down! The ending I did not see coming and everything connected in a way that made sense and was satisfying!