God, Family, Country

Soldier, Singer, Husband, Dad—There’s a Whole Lot More to Me

Pub Date 27 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #GodFamilyCountry #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Craig Morgan’s memoir will move you. I was inspired."

— Blake Shelton

Country music icon, army veteran, father, outdoorsman—Craig Morgan shares all aspects of his life, revealing stories even his most avid fans don’t know.

In 1989, as US news outlets declared an end to Operation Just Cause, Craig Morgan was part of an elite group of military operatives jumping into the jungle along the Panamanian border on a covert operation. Fans know the country music star from his hit songs and acclaimed albums, but there’s a lot more to him—a soldier who worked with the CIA in Panama, an undercover agent who fought sex traffickers in Thailand, and a dedicated family man who lives the values he sings.

Craig details these many facets of his life and more in God, Family, Country. An on-stage appearance with his father’s band at age ten may have planted the seeds for life as a country star, but first he trained as a paratrooper in the army. After earning numerous distinctions, his path to sergeant major was all but assured. Then came a momentous decision: he left the active military to pursue music.

With unwavering support from his wife and a pack of part-time jobs, he toughed out the lean years and achieved his first success with the poignant ballad “Almost Home.” Other hits soon followed, from party songs like “Redneck Yacht Club” to the soul-rending “The Father, My Son, and the Holy Ghost.” Born from the anguish of his son Jerry’s passing, the song’s tribute has consoled and inspired millions across the world.

Duty to country has been a constant throughout his life and globe-spanning career. In 2006, as “That’s What I Love about Sunday” topped country radio charts, Craig was riding in a convoy of Humvees in Iraq. An avid outdoorsman, a former sheriff’s deputy who’s still a member of the auxiliary, and always a husband and father first, Craig Morgan will inspire you with his life lived by the deepest values: God, family, country.

"Craig Morgan’s memoir will move you. I was inspired."

— Blake Shelton

A Note From the Publisher

Craig Morgan has made a name for himself as a country music icon, TV personality, celebrated outdoorsman, and patriotic army veteran. One of country music’s best-loved artists, Morgan is a member of the Grand Ole Opry and has charted twenty-five songs on Billboard. He spent seventeen years serving in the US Army and Army Reserve, and is the recipient of the USO Merit Award and the army’s Outstanding Civilian Service Medal.

Advance Praise

“I met the man, Craig Morgan, in Utah and loved his music. The next time I saw him was in Panama as a fellow teammate on CBS’s Beyond the Edge. It’s there that I saw an American hero in action. After reading God, Family, Country, I know why he’s the confident, driven, humble, loyal, brave warrior that he is.”

-Mike Singletary, NFL Hall of Fame

Marketing Plan

• Major launch campaign for country western star Craig Morgan’s memoir

• High-profile author with millions of fans

• National television guest appearances

• National media and magazine coverage

• National print and digital advertising

• Showcase title at major bookseller and library trade shows

• Official Facebook (1.2M followers): @craigmorganmusic

• Official Instagram (122k+ followers): @cmorganmusic

• Official Twitter (260k+ followers): @cmorganmusic

• Official website: www.CraigMorgan.com

• Major launch campaign for country western star Craig Morgan’s memoir

• High-profile author with millions of fans

• National television guest appearances

• National media and magazine coverage...

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This is a wonderful book that felt more like a conversation than reading a book. Throughout the book, the author was interesting, insightful, and real. His story, and his path to music stardom, was non-traditional and filled with twists and turns. Prior to reading this, I had no idea that he had a military career prior to pursing music, or the variety of jobs he held prior to his success.

The author shared deeply personal thoughts and events in such a way that it felt like I was listening to a friend, not reading a star's memoir. As a Nashville resident, I remember when his son died - I cried for him while watching the news coverage. The author shared his grief and experiences while processing his loss. The song he wrote, "The Father, My Son, and the Holy Ghost" is poignant and heartbreaking to listen to and I can't even imagine the pain he felt writing it.

This is a must read for fans of the author. His story is complex and both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Anyone who appreciates country music will want to put this on their TBR list.

Inspirational book. Great reading.

Thanks to author, publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.

Craig Morgan brings us to a better time in the history of America. Descriptive situations of his childhood, family life and ways God shined light on him through the years opens the reader's hearts and eyes to the important things, and brings the focus on God--because He ultimately was the root of all good in Craig Morgan's life.

Reading this places you back to a simple time and reveals how Craig's talents were so obvious that he was able to hit the Country charts without any modern technology or social media. Though wisdom, faith, prayer, patience, and learning what not to do through the mistakes of others, Craig Morgan gained momemtum in his career, family, and life. This man is more than just a guy that sings, and his story is more than music.

From childhood to military service, medals of honor, to mission trips, to celebrity meet, The Grand Ole Opry, and even encounters with a wolf, Craig remains close to God, family and country through it all.

Inscriptions Books recommends this book!

Craig Morgan’s story from his childhood to military service and country music is a story of how faith and talent will bring about true success .
This novel restores your faith in life .

Thank you for allowing me the honor to read this book .