The Little Prince: My Book of Feelings

Pub Date 16 Aug 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Chouette Publishing, CrackBoom! Books

Talking about this book? Use #TheLittlePrinceMyBookofFeelings #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Learn about emotions with The Little Prince

Discover emotions with the beloved character from author-illustrator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Joy, fear, anger, surprise...children experience a range of emotions every day, often several at the same time, and they sometimes find it difficult to articulate what they feel. Naming and identifying emotions is a way for little ones to start recognizing these feelings. As they gain self-awareness, children learn to manage their emotions, a critical skill that lays the foundation for emotional intelligence and resilience. The feelings described in this book include joy, surprise, anger, love, fear, sadness, and calm.

Large scale board book with colorful illustrations to keep little ones engaged; This book helps children articulate what they are feeling and gain self-awareness; Inspired by the famous tale The Little Prince, timeless and enchanting.

Learn about emotions with The Little Prince

Mothers of toddlers who are 2-5 will come to appreciate this book. As a mother, and now grandmother, I know how hard it is for children to express their feelings. They are easily frustrated and may cry or have a tantrum. You want to help them become more independent and begin to control their emotions a little.

My Book of Feelings is colorful and grabs your attention. It’s clear and helps you interact with your child to learn what emotions are. You can talk about your own feelings and how you had to take a deep breath etc to calm yourself in a situation.

I highly recommend this book. I wish I had this 30 years ago!

The Little Prince: My Book of Feelings was a great book to teach children about different types of feelings and the physical sensations associated with them. I really loved the 4 exercises at the end that help children process their feelings physically.

A lovely spin off using The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery for discussing emotions and feelings with children/adolescents. A knowledge of the story of the original book will help with working through the activities included in the book. Simple language which summarises emotions accurately. Would be a very useful book for school counsellors, psychologists, teachers, parents to use with young people.
#TheLittlePrinceMyBookofFeelings
#NetGalley

I think this book have a jenius approach. Feelings is complicated, especially for kids. This book explains such a heavy topic with light but meaningfull words. And dont forget the illustration with well known characters. As a grownup I even feel that this book will help children to figure out and brave to show their feeling more. A treasure to keep.

Thanks Netgalley for providing me with this book for exchange with honest opinion.

Thank you, Chouette Publishing, for the advance reading copy.

I am a big, big fan of The Little Prince and this is just the book the world needed more from this book! The description of different emotions and how they can be described with ease and understanding.

I love the illustrations and the colourful pages.

So worth the read. A must keep for every child (and adult too!).

This was absolutely delightful. The bright illustrations were wonderful. My children and I all adored this book. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

The Little Prince: My book of Feelings is such a beautiful book. It shows children how to deal with their emotions and in a lovely way. I would recommend it for every parent to read it with their child. Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this amazing and educative book!!!! 5 Stars easily

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange of my honest opinion.

Bravo!

This book is great. I loved it, I am going to buy it as soon as it is publish and I will recommend it to everyone.

In 'The Little Prince: My Book of Feelings' kids and adults are not only presented with 7 emotions that we can feel. We also get a short definition of said emotions and examples about when we might feel it. We get the emotions colour-coded so young children can learn how to recognise those emotions and understand them as well, and, lastly, we get some tips and exercises that we can try with kids when these emotions take over.

In conclusion, this book is absolutely perfect.

If you are a fan of the little prince then this book would be great for you and your little one, to help explain emotions. The emotions are explained and have all a different color. So this would be a helpful tool for learning.
Thank you to NetGalley for the book in exchange for an honest review.

4 stars
This book is good for preschoolers who need help identifying and putting words to their emotions. My children and I loved the bright colors and illustrations. The coping strategies in the back are my favorite.

I'm always looking for ways to try and explain feelings in a way that might make it easier for kids to understand and I really thought this book did a good job of that.

This book goes through 7 emotions that we can feel. The colors really grab kids attention and help them focus on the emotions. I love the questions that allow one to interact with the kids and see what really makes them feel those emotions.

It ends with ways that we can help control those emotions which I thought was wonderful.

This was a great read and I can't recommend it enough.

This is a sweet book that describes different feelings and engages with the reader about their own feelings. I read it to my 4-year-olds, and loved hearing about when they had experienced each feeling. For joy, one of my twins said the museum gave her joy, while the other said staring at stars brought her joy.

The little exercises at the end of the book were wonderful as well. My twins tried to act out each exercise. It reminded them of the children’s yoga they enjoy. .

Thank you to NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This charming and excellently executed book based on classic The Little Prince by Antoinne de Saint-Exupery helps young children learn how to identify, give voice to, and handle their emotions.

The book covers the emotions of joy, sadness, fear, anger, calm, surprise, and love. It associates each emotion with a color, describes what the emotion is and what it feels like, and then shows an illustrated example of a situation that makes The Little Prince feel that emotion. I love that it encourages the child to interact with the book by asking "What make you feel (insert emotion here)?"

To make this book even better, at the end of the book there are four exercises to help children move through their emotions, giving them ways to calm their fears, drive out anger, soothe their sadness and find calm.

I LOVE this book and recommend it highly to anyone who loves The Little Prince or who knows young children!

My thanks to ChickBoom! Books for allowing me to read an ARC of the book via NetGalley. The book is scheduled to be published 8/16/22. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are freely given.

I'm a big fan of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince so I was excited to read this book. This was such a cute little book. My son loved this book. It was so fun identifying the different emotions. It's perfect for preschool-aged children.

If you happen to page through this small book quickly, it seems relatively simple. However, emotions are big things to little children. Young children have a difficult time understanding their emotions or what causes them, therefore, they cannot control them or react appropriately.

This children’s picture book has four helpful exercises to diffuse negative emotions. This book would be extremely helpful in a toddler’s home, pre-school, or early elementary school setting. Parents and teachers can use the exercises to teach the children to control their emotional responses to negative feelings.

I enjoyed the story of the Little Prince and the vibrant illustrations in the book. I think that children would respond positively to this book.

I want to thank Author Corinne Delporte, Illustrator Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Choutte Publishing, and NetGalley for the opportunity to review this Advanced Reader’s Copy. This is a voluntary review, and all comments and opinions are entirely my own.

I chose this book with my 7 year old daughter , who’s experiencing lots of emotions right now.

So this has helped us a lot explain some of the feelings she has right now.

A beautiful book!

This was an adorable and sweet book for kids who enjoyed "The Little Prince." I could see it being useful to any child that needs help expressing or visualizing their feelings.

This cute little book draws on examples from the original story of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry to teach children about seven emotions: joy, surprise, anger, love, fear, sadness and calm. Each emotion has two pages dedicated to it; an explanation of the emotion and its signs on the left, followed by an example taken from the original story where the little prince feels that emotion. Accompanied by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's iconic original illustrations, the text and examples help young readers connect with the little prince and understand their own feelings. The last few pages of this book include simple, helpful suggestions for exercises to get rid of fear, anger, sadness and also achieve calm.

So many feelings to feel, to learn about, to manage. From joy, to fear, to anger and sadness, this picture book takes a journey into the basic feelings. Along with The Little Prince, children can explore them all. Delporte has created a book that can help open up a dialogue about these big feelings with little people.

Deleporte validates all feelings children may feel. She shares strategies, age appropriate explanations and vocabulary, along with great illustrations, to make the concept seem more understandable.

This story was both entertaining and educational, which can be a tricky balance to maintain in a children’s book, and I will be suggesting it to teachers whenever possible. Incorporating difficult to navigate topics such as this into children's picture books is a tried and true way to teach an important life skill in a way that is fun. This would be an amazing addition for classroom libraries, counselling offices and more.

This was such a great book! Each books talk about a different emotion, explaining what that emotion is and how it feels, and gives an example of the little prince feeling it. It then asks "What makes you feel ____" which is a great open ended questions for kids to think about! I am all about embracing your feelings and 'feeling as the feels' so I loved the message of this book. It was short and sweet and my three year old loved it too! I loved the page of exercises at the end as well. Overall, a wonderful book that I wound purchase and recommend to others!

𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 Chouette Publishing for a digital copy of this book! This book is due for publication 8/16/22.

💙 Mommy (@𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐦𝐨𝐦) and Ronan (@𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐤𝐢𝐝) approved ✅

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 & to 𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒂𝒚!

The Little Prince: My Book of Feelings by Corinne Delporte is a short, easily digestible book about seven feelings: Joy, Surprise, Anger, Love, Fear, Sadness, and Calm. With art from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince), it has a friendly, colorful approach to help engage young readers. At the end of the book, there are a few mindful exercises to practice. It's a great book to help others learn about these particular feelings.

This book explores different emotions by using illustrations from The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery). It is nicely done, explaining different emotions with examples and giving some tipps how to deal with negative emotions. A very valuable book to talk to small children about different emotions!

This was adorable. I loved reading The Little Prince and my toddler has recently enjoyed the illustrated version of the book, so I got this for us to read together. It was well laid out, and I liked the colour scheme for the emotions. As my toddler is learning to regulate emotions at this stage, it was a helpful read too. I appreciated the suggestions on how to manage major emotions that was included at the end.

I would like to thank Corinne Delporte, Antoine de Saint-Exupe ́ry, Netgalley and Chouette Publishing for providing an advanced reader copy in exchange of an honest review. The Little Prince: My Book of Feelings follow the Little Prince as he explains Joy, Surprise, Anger, Love, Fear, Sadness and Calmness and how to appropriately handle and identify these emotions. This book did a great job going over feelings and how to properly and in a positive and healthy way handle emotions. It’s one of those books that isn’t too pushy and that you would find in a therapist or counsellor office. It’s written in a way where you don’t need to have any prior knowledge of The Little Prince to understand. It is also written where all ages can benefit from the book. You could read it to a pre-schooler or fifth grader as it doesn’t have an age limit. Overall, a great book for emotions and feelings.

I love this💗💗💗💗💗💗 heartwarming book with full of unexpcted feeelings while reading! It’s best for children and help them to know every emotions and how to identify their emotions !!

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I love the Little Prince and was excited to see this book! This is a greatnintroductory or reminder book to explain emotions. There are great descriptions and tactics to guide oneself through these feelings. Great illustrations too!

A good book to explore emotions with your little ones, and to make it better with great little prince drawings, you could read this book from 3 years up in that instance, you may have to simplify the text for very young children, with was a good read for me and my youngest.

Thank you NetGalley for the free ARC and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

I love The Little Prince so was happy to find this book in the children’s section of books, can’t wait to by a copy for my collection. My daughter will enjoy this book, too. Thanks for the review copy.

The Little Prince is always a hit. He shows kids how to handle emotions in this cute, colorful book and gives examples of coping mechanisms.

I received this story to review from NetGalley. As a little girl “The Little Prince” was one of my absolute favorite stories so when I saw that they had a story about feelings with the “Little Prince” I knew I needed to read it especially as I teach 1st grade and Social Emotional Learning is one of the lessons we teach our students every day.

Reading the book I quickly realized this book is one of the most perfect books to read for a SEL lesson every day. Right off the bat what I loved that the author did was include colors. Students or children at a young age have difficulty expressing their emotions that is why colors and numbers with facial pictures help your young one identify what they are feeling. Therefore starting the book with colors to identify emotions is perfect.
Next the author uses the color to explain what emotion that is associated with and includes details about that particular emotion. My only complaint is some of the descriptions of that emotion may go over your young ones head therefore you may need to break the feelings down even further by including some examples.
Lastly I love that the book includes conversation starters about when your young ones feel that particular emotion and exercises that will help them to feel calm and happy. This is so important because as a teacher SEL isn’t just about a read aloud of a story. For me it is a time I am able to check in with my students to see how they are doing. Many times throughout the day it is hard to check in with them because we are constantly on the go, but by having a conversation with them I am able to help them.
Overall this is a must buy book for me and I am looking forward to purchasing as soon as it is available. I can’t wait to read it to my next years class as unfortunately this school year is almost over. :(

I thought this book was very well done. The illustrations are lovely. It manages to describe feelings well and it’s not just the normal happy/sad/mad group… it gets into things like feeling surprise or joy or calm or love too. As a counselor, my favorite part of the book May have been the short how to handle feelings at the back where it talked about ways to handle anger, feel calm, etc. Throughout the book it all kids to identify things that make them feel for the little price does. All in all a good book for any kid’s library in my opinion.

This was a really cute book! Each page talks about a different emotion, then asks "What makes you feel ____" which is a great question for kids to think about! This book was sweet, important and the perfect length to keep my three year olds attention. I loved the page of exercises at the end as well. I would definitely recommend this to others!

Cover: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Writing: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is a beautifully written Illustration of feelings. Each topic was explained thoughtfully and easy to understand. The colorful illustrations will draw any child in to concentrate and follow the story. I love how The Little Prince, which is such a great story, features in this book and that the story line, although fear and anger is used, still leaves you feeling calmed and satisified.

This is a very sweet book that explains the different emotions one might feel (from anger to sadness and happiness to calm). The illustrations are lovely and it's great that there's a section where the prince can relate to each of these emotions. It's important for readers to feel like they can engage and relate to the topics! At the end, there's a section on how to deal with these emotions (breathing exercises etc), I think this was a lovely extra to add for some mindfulness!🥰

My son really enjoyed this book. I think more books like this are needed to help children understand and get a better grasp of their emotions. We loved the illustrations and I liked that each one was color coded. It also gave an example of each feeling. Great for any child needing to understand feelings more or for any fan of The Little Prince.

Thank you NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for presenting me with an ARC of this book in exchange of a honest review.

The Little Prince has done it again! My Book of Feelings is a great way to teach little children more about emotions. And this book in particular, does it in a very easy and simple way. The colour guide and sentences would be greatly helpful for a kid trying to understand their emotions.

Like the original title, this cute emotional guidebook conveys the story while sharing with children the need to recognize different emotions.

I love children’s books about emotions. It’s really important to me to help my kids understand their feelings and provide them with tools to navigate those feelings.
This book was fantastic in that it was simple, but colour coding the emotions and engaging the reader to apply them to their own lives was great. I appreciated the end where there were strategies for handling certain emotions. It definitely was a book that helped open up an important conversation.

Thank you NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for the digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Everyone has heard of The Little Prince, I remember reading it as a young child. This book got my attention especially the title book of feelings. As I read about how the feelings are described I envision what it would mean to a 4-5 year old reading this. The book has colorful images each describing colors with feelings and has the prince talking about his feelings. I think it was creative and helpful for young ones to learn about feelings, I had expected more of a storyline but it was just that, a book about feelings. I will recommend it for young ones.

This is a sweet and simple book to help children identify and process their feelings. I particularly liked the end where it discusses how to work through their big emotions and gives them exercises to practice to help regulate their emotions healthily.

This book clearly explains feelings to a younger audience, managing expectations and supporting young people develop safe and healthy ways to control and process emotions.

The use of colours makes it very clear for young people to distinguish between the feelings, whilst also helping them to visualise their emotions - this is not the first time this style has been used to visualise feelings, however it works well and I am glad it was used here.

The sentences are not too long and do not use overly complex language - making it clear and concise - enhancing the readability.

The question prompts throughout the book are great conversation openers between adults and children to help discuss feelings and answer any questions along the way.

The exercises at the end of the book also support the education in processing and controlling emotions - this will guide young people in developing health habits and practicing mindfulness from a young age.

I feel Calm should have came earlier in the book, as it is mentioned under both Fear & Anger. This would've provided some further clarity and supported the flow of the book.

Thank you to the Publisher & NetGalley for this ebook for review.

(I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.)
Expected publication: August 16th 2022

This was just so cute and helpful. I imagine it can be very hear for some people to talk about and explain feelings and emotions to children. I believe this book can be a great support to start this conversation and also to give children some tools that will help them understand why the feel the way they do!

Again, excited to have received a digital copy from NetGalley & Chouette Publishing.

A truly unique perspective for young readers. The Little Prince My Book of Feelings take unique shades of color and detailed artwork to capture readers attention. If you are already a fan of The Little Prince, you are immediately drawn into the familiar Little Prince world. The characters welcome you into a safe place to learn about your emotions and how you feel. The use of colors to represent each emotion is a new perspective on building awareness of emotions that we all feel at some time in our life. The descriptive, yet simple explanations of emotions are easy to understand. Each emotion is presented and then followed up with questions as to how/when the reader may have felt a similar way. The breathing and yoga-like exercises at the end of the book are priceless tools for readers of all ages to learn and use as a resource when faced with challenging emotions of everyday life.

This simple and beautiful work should be a staple in every home.

Very lovely book.
Great for kids and helps them identity and accept emotions.
Illustrated beautifully as you’d expect and overall a very calming book

Nicely describes feelings in an easy way for kids to understand. I like the format of the book where it describes the feeling, gives an example and asks a question. I think my 3 year old would really enjoy this book.

This is a fun and colorful board book that is sure to be enjoyed by parents and littles alike. Fans of the original Little Prince story will enjoy it most of all.

Having grown up loving The Little Prince, this book was very sweet and was very detailed in talking to little ones in a grown up way about feelings. I liked the different emotions that it references, and the words used to describe each feeling. I also liked how the author took parts of the original story to relate those feelings too. This would be wonderful in a classroom setting, especially one where The Little Prince, or a picture book/shortened version of it, has already been read.

Such an amazing book and so colorful yet so wonderfully put together. Kids and grownups alike are going to look this one. Am waiting for the book to come out in print. Definitely on my gifting list this year

Thank you Netgalley and Chouette books for the ARC

As students returned to the classroom this year, social-emotional learning has been very important in the classroom. This was a great book to begin a discussion with my students about their feeling and emotions and how to address them.

A nice book for teaching younger children about feelings and how to deal with different emotions. Also a nice introduction to the characters from The Little Prince.

This is a delightful oversized board book. It includes the beloved character from the original story of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry which is a children's classic. Little ones can come to an understanding of their every day emotions as the book is shared and discussed with them. Many times little ones find it difficult to express their feelings and find it hard to manage them.

The author has included the emotions of joy, surprise, anger, love, fear, sadness, and calm. She has highlighted four exercises at the end to help children process their feelings and emotions which will increase their self-awareness and confidence.

The illustrations of course are epic and this book would be a wonderful asset to a teacher, psychologist and parent. I highly endorse this book!

What a lovely new way to revisit the Little Prince! Read this one, and so loved seeing the Little Prince in a new way, and exploring emotions.

A very cute picture book to explore your kid's emotions ans put words on them. Each emotion is illustrated by an example from the Little Prince's story and with a beautiful drawing by Saint-Exupéry. Really cute, easy to read and educational. Age 5

Who better than the Little Prince to teach kids about emotions? The author cleverly uses from the classic French tale to illustrate a range of emotions, from joy to sadness, in a way that will help kids understand and process these feelings.

I love The Little Prince and always imagine reading this story to my kid n the bedstory time. I tried, but then I realise that, unfortunately, it is too complex and difficult for the youngest and it is just too early to read it to her.

Then, I found it. The Little Prince's inspiration and book about... the emotions. Beautiful illustrations, simple description - perfect for the kids who are starting to learn about the world and their reactions.

Mut have in the kids' library

I thought this was a very cute and informative book. I work in an elementary school and I am always looking for new books to read with my students on emotions.

The Little Prince book of feelings is a great book for children. It explains what the feeling is, gives an example from the story of a little Prince and then asks the child to think about what makes them feel that emotion.

I work with children with learning difficulties and I use this type of activity all the time. Letting the little ones know it's okay to feel feelings.

Great little book.

Each feeling has a corresponding color in this book. There are questions for the reader to consider what makes them feel each feeling as well as an explanation of the emotion. I think counselors would benefit from having this book for youngsters.

I picked up this book from Netgalley. It’s very well explained and illustrated and an ideal Children’s book. Each of the feeling was depicted as to what it means, how body displays it along with giving context by asking appropriate questions. The book also covers some ways to overcome negative emotions. Glad that I picked this up and would recommend to every parent to hand it over to your child since they would definitely enjoy it.

🌟🌟🌟💫

Who doesn't love the little prince? It is such a magical book...

This one helps to uncover various emotions, honestly the little prince felt like a smart tactic to get the attention of the many many fans.

The colour codes was clever and the illustrations so lovely.

Helpful book but the main character could have been anyone.