The Sunken City

Pub Date 29 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 15 Oct 2022

Amare Bellamy is not a witch. Orphaned as a child and raised on a ship by the most dangerous men in the Caribbean, Amare is one thing and one thing alone: a pirate. And pirates hate magic.

After a fateful storm plunges her to the depths of the ocean, Amare wakes to find herself in a strange new world: an underwater kingdom, where magic exists, but is strictly outlawed by the King—a man who claims to be her true father.

As Amare struggles to fit into her new role as Princess of the Sunken City, she finds herself tangled in a web of love between two brothers—one good, one not so good. And as strange powers manifest within her, she must question everything she was raised to believe—especially if she has any hope of stopping the evil brewing at the bottom of the ocean.

After a...

PRICE

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

You won’t be able to put this down- great read. Looking forward to the sequel. You’ll be captivated from the first page until the last. Wonderful story line and plot.

You all… this book… 🤩🤩🤩🤩

I just devoured this and wish I would have read it sooner! It was beautiful and had all of the elements that I like in a fantasy story. I find that I seem to like pirate/water stories the more I read them and this one was perfect!

I can seriously picture this beautiful, underwater world and I loved all of the unique elements written in to this story along with the many surprises. The supporting characters are well written and I love that after growing up without girlfriends, Amare has two very loyal ones by then end of the book. It was fun to watch their friendships grow!

The best part though, is that Noyes perfectly writes the love interests. There is one clean cut and one dark, morally grey character. Of course my twisted heart is rooting for the darker hero but we will see!

Read this if you like:
🏴‍☠️ A Dark, morally grey character
🏴‍☠️ Hidden Identity
🏴‍☠️ Pirates of the Caribbean meets high fantasy (a dream, I know!)

"The Sunken City" is the last fantasy I read. As a matter of fact, I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised by the book. Many thanks to BookSirens for the copy provided.

Amare grew up on a pirate ship. Her parents died when she was young and she was raised among pirates. After a terrible storm, Amare finds himself in an amazing underwater world. There are strange sea people in the depths of the sea, and besides them there are also those who use magic. Thus, Amare turns out to be a princess of one of the underwater cities, her father is alive, one of the most famous witches is on her heels, and to top it all off, she is part of some prophecy that does not bode well.

I liked the image of Amara. She was raised by men. Female habits are foreign to her and when she finds her first friends it is difficult for her to trust them. But they are great. I really liked the way they contrasted with each other, and their friendship with Amare was very good. Amare has a typical temperament for teenagers, but she is also very strong. I really liked how the author slowly reveals her strengths and weaknesses. Although she hides behind a mask, she actually has a tender side. We see how, in addition to trying to find her place in this new world, she also fights her demons.

Of course, there is also the love drama, which is very similar to the one from "The Vampire Diaries" - the good and the bad brother. I don't mind the bad characters we learn to love in the course of the story, but here I didn't particularly like Lucas. Finn, however, I liked and I'm sure that the author can play a lot with his character and reveal to us what's going on behind his restrained facade. A lot of twists and turns await us in the next two books. I really liked Maoke, the pirate witch, and I can't wait to see what happens to her.

If it didn't become clear, I really liked the book. The world the author has built is interesting and exciting and has great potential for a great series. I like books that include a water element. And also, the magic is presented in an interesting way and we manage to touch its various manifestations through the characters who possess it. I am looking forward to the next books and I am convinced that the author will break my heart at some point, but I hope for a beautiful ending.