Liturgies for Hope

Sixty Prayers for the Highs, the Lows, and Everything in Between

Pub Date 01 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 01 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #LiturgiesforHope #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sixty contemporary, comforting liturgies that break through the noise of modern life to offer time-tested wisdom for readers navigating burnout, anxiety, and other stresses.

“Beautiful words to help us access the longings of our souls and bring them to God. If you’re looking for a jumpstart to your spiritual life, start here.”—Rich Villodas, lead pastor of New Life Fellowship and author of Good and Beautiful and Kind

Remind us, Jesus, that You lay sleeping in the boat, in the middle of the storm at sea. You are neither surprised nor distressed by the mounting chaos. You are not a God who panics.

When writers Audrey Elledge and Elizabeth Moore were inspired to create an anchor of hope for their own local community, they moved forward by turning to the past, to a time when Christians looked at the collapsing world around them and resolved to offer something beautiful—something true—through poetic prayers.

The stunning result is Liturgies for Hope, an original collection of modern liturgies reminiscent of past generations of faith. Designed to awaken your prayer life, the entries in this gentle guide explore experiences such as

feeling burned-out and soul-weary
embracing the mystery of faith
receiving the kindness of others
struggling with secret shame
bursting with thanksgiving

With Scripture references for every prayer, Liturgies for Hope is both timeless and ideal for this moment, offering words to express our longings, shore up our prayers, and reorient our souls.

“Beautiful words to help...

PAGES 208