Ezekiola and the Emerald Belt

Pub Date 01 May 2022 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Ezekiola #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Lucy Kyan's captivating fantasy captures interplanetary adventure, dormant powers, and romance where two souls in separate worlds collide.

When she wore his name, his powers awakened.

With his telepathic abilities, Ezekiola Astrid, from planet Circa, expects to receive a Blue Belt at the Cypress School's Ceremony of the Belts, and to live a comfortable life on his veiled planet. But as evil blossoms in high places, graduation this year comes with an alarming surprise. Instead, Ezekiola receives the Emerald Belt, indicating that his destiny is to be a warrior. On the verge of abandoning this unwanted path, he suddenly encounters a revolving door that transports him directly to another world - Planet Blue. There he meets Leanne, a girl who awakens within him unusual powers. Pursued by the villainous Sons of the Night Sky, Ezekiola becomes the target of a most dangerous rival, one who will stop at nothing to hunt the new Emerald Belt warrior down.

Ezekiola slowly realizes that the power source he has tapped into is one that can reestablish an ancient link which existed between a fellowship of planets, and that it is up to him to restore the elixir of life that once permeated them all.

When she wore his name, his powers awakened.

With his...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Fantastical, captivating and mystical!

I DEVOURED this book! I actually had to hold myself back from reading it too fast, I didn't want it to end. This was such a refreshing read, perfectly paced, and unlike anything I've read in a while. There's something deep about this book, it's almost a new genre in itself. It has excellent worldbuilding, I loved the storyline, the entire cast of characters, (yes ALL of them), loved the originality of the names, the humour, and at times, I had goosebumps for there's a mystical feel to this book. I enjoyed the connection between Leanne and Ezekiola and what's nice about their romance is that it doesn't overhelem the story.

It's one of those rare books where the story lingers with you for a while after you read it.

Can’t wait for the sequel.

Definitely a must read, I highly recommend it! Perfect for all ages.

I enjoyed Ezekiola and the Emerald Belt far more than I thought I would. I liked the world building, I liked the characters, the plot, and enjoyed reading about the different planets and the evil circulating them. I think this book might be a new “comfort” read for me and I see myself returning to read it multiple times in the future.

Ezekiola and the Emerald Belt is an engaging and energetic read. Lucy Kyan has written an inventive fantasy, woven with metaphysical principles and allegories that reinforce truth, freedom, and the triumph of good. This book highlights moral traditions and the pursuit of esoteric truth.

I’m looking forward to having my teens read this wonderful book.

Wow! I am a fan of Lucy Kyan!
This book is amazing – well-written, captivating and so filled with symbolism and spiritual principles. I couldn’t put it down. It is one of those books that make you forget everything around you. It reminds me of “Lord of the Rings” and “Harry Potter” and it definitely has the potential of becoming a bestseller and a classic.
Truly a wonderful book, which I highly recommend for all age groups – a must read for people who like fantasy books and for all with spiritual interests.

This book was nothing like I imagined it to be but at the same time it was very good, I felt connected to the characters and rooted for them, I think this is a very clever book for a trope that has been done before in many different ways but what I most loved about it were the characters which made the book amazing.

I really enjoyed reading the book. It was very well written and kept my attention all the way through. I recommend this book for adults and teens.

Thanks, Netgalley, and publisher for the opportunity to read and review!
I loved every single thing in this book - amazing, intriguing and well-developed characters, really unique and imaginative world-building, fast-paced plot full of twists that make you turn page after page just to know what happens next,

Ezekiola and the Emerald Belt is a YA fantasy-adventure book and it exceeded my expectations. I loved this book and I can’t believe that it’s Lucy Kyan’s debut novel. I quite enjoyed her writing style and the pace throughout the book. If you’re looking for a YA fantasy book with an original plot and world building, I think that you will enjoy this book.

[This review is posted on NetGalley and Goodreads, and an extended version can be found on Instagram. The links to the reviews are attached]