Wild Miami

Explore the Amazing Nature in and Around South Florida

Pub Date 03 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 03 Jan 2023

Talking about this book? Use #WildMiami #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A vibrant, family-friendly guide to the unexpected nature found in and around Miami.

Miami may be a bustling city with a vibrant nightlife, but its wildlife is just as wild, if you know where to look. Wild Miami reveals the amazing ecology of this tropical metropolis. Equal parts natural history, field guide, and trip planner, Wild Miami has something for everyone. This handy yet extensive guide looks at the factors that shape local nature and profiles over 100 local species, from beautiful flowers and towering palm trees to manatees and green treefrogs, spotted sunfish, and great blue heron. Also included are descriptions of day trips that help you explore natural wonders on hiking trails and beaches, in public parks, and in your own backyard.

PAGES 376

What a gorgeous and informative book! Too often, Miami and South Florida are seen only as places to drink, carouse and lay around on the beach. In this book, travelers will get to know the real Florida, the wild and tropical beauty that is so easily forgotten amidst the flash and neon. A must read for tourists and residents alike

Friends of mine have been trying to convince me to visit them in Miami for a couple years now and so I took it as a sign when this Wild Miami book came up for review. Yes, even the universe wants me to visit Miami it seems. And after delving into the pages of this stunning, informative guide, I can see why.

Aside from a comprehensive overview of the local flora and fauna, I love that I also got a history lesson into the city and the authors also didn’t shy away from coastal crisis issues.

There are maps, trip suggestions and just a wealth of knowledge any visitor can benefit from. I dare say the people of Miami would find this book equally fascinating.

This has definitely added some destinations onto my Miami itinerary.

*Received and reviewed an advanced copy of Wild Miami by Thomas Morrell, Brian Diaz, Shannon Jones, Fernando Bretos in an exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Timber Press and NetGalley for this ARC. All views are my own.

This was an amazing book! The pictures are beautiful and so vivid. The outline was well thought out and easy to follow. I found the information to be so useful and so interesting. There was complete info about animals and flora and land areas. I really wish that I had this book two years ago when I was in Miami. This gave some walk ideas and tour ideas that sound great. I would find this book to be very useful for an outdoor trip in the Miami area. Greatly impressed.