When She Disappeared

Pub Date 20 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 11 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #WhenSheDisappeared #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘On May 26, 2004, Jessie Germaine rode her bike into the forest and disappeared…into thin air.’

Margo hasn’t been back to Lake Moss since her friend went missing. But as she returns, the news breaks. Her hometown’s swimming hole has been Jessie’s grave for fifteen years.

Digging out her old diary, and steeling herself to face unfriendly ghosts from her past, Margo sets out to help a documentary crew as they return to investigate the infamous case the police bungled.

In a town where everyone knows everyone, the killer is certain to be close to home. But the question is: How close?

–––––––––––––––––

Readers are GRIPPED by When She Disappeared:

“The ending…now that's what I want to talk about. Totally unexpected, for a moment I couldn't even believe that the book ended in that way! Will keep you up all night” Reader Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Enthralling from the first lines, with a heart pounding, shocking end that the most seasoned reader won’t see coming!” Jaime Lynn Hendricks

“An absolutely amazing thriller full of twists and turns. I could not stop reading and ended up finishing it in a day” Reader Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“A cleverly plotted, fast-paced whodunnit that will have you suspecting literally everyone. Sure to keep you addicted until the final jaw-dropping surpriseMegan Collins

“I devoured this book. Just when you think you have it figured out, the twist at the end will shock you” Reader Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“Very fast paced, had me turning pages as I tore through it – I had to see how it would end. Gave me chills!” Reader Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Margo hasn’t been back to Lake Moss since her...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Now that's the way you do a who done it!! Lol Im usually really good at guessing who the bad guy is and in this one, I thought I had it but then right at the end?! BAM! That was a shocker!! This book was really goid it had suspense intrigue, and as I said a great! Who done it! I highly recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! Its a great storyline and mystery! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, Harper360 and by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

What a wild ride. Just when you think you’re going to zig, ya zag! A crazy read that’s full of suspense.

After 15 years, Margo is finally returning to Lake .Moss to care for her widowed father following his surgery. Upon arriving back in town, Margo soon learns that her best friend Jessica’s body has been discovered at the bottom of a local swimming hole where. It had been hidden in a cooler for the last 15years. Here begins the story, who murdered Jessica? Was it Charlie who Jessica was dating? Is it Cassidy who Jessica’s was always confiding in? Is it Tucker who states he was with Charlie the night Jessica disappeared? Or is it somewhere in between? Only Margo and her friend Austin can find the truth, but will they. The ending will surprise you, it had me guessing until the very end.

Jessie Germaine went missing in 2004, after leaving school and vanishing into thin air. Fast forward to 2019. Some high school kids are at a local swimming hole when her body is found.

Jessie’s friend, Margo is coming back to Lake Moss after being away for years. Her father just had knee surgery and needs her help. She is recently separated and is looking to start over so this is a good opportunity. She hears the news about Jessie as she arrives in town.

The crew from ‘Into Thin Air’, a crime documentary program, are in town to air a segment about Jessie. One of their classmates, Austin is part of the show crew. Margo helps him interview old classmates and others who were associated with Jessie at the time of her disappearance. Margo also finds clues to Jessie’s last days as she reads through old diary entries.

Who killed Jessie Germaine and why? The answer will shock you!

This is my first book by these authors. I was in suspense throughout the book and shocked at the ending. It’s definitely worth a read.

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

Thanks NG for the early read. I have to say, I had high hopes for this book. I was disappointed at the end. It was great until the ending happened. This book kept me guessing til the very end, and then some. I thought I knew what was going to happen but I didn’t really figure it out until it all came together. I hope there’s a follow up. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

I really enjoyed this book. I was actually surprised by part of the ending, which is great. I only gave four stars though because I felt as though there was something missing in the writing style that I can't exactly pinpoint.

This book kept me pulled in. It was suspenseful and I found it hard to put down. It was a well written book. Recommending to others for sure.

First of all the cover to this book is gorgeous! The writing drew me in from the first chapter. I was so invested in who killed Jessie and let me tell you, I did not guess right.
The authors really made it feel like everyone did it. You would guess a suspect and then you would second guess yourself because it might be another person.
I wasn’t a fan of the ending, I needed it all wrapped up in a nice bow and I don’t think I got that. Still Overall a great book and I will definitely be seeking out more from these authors.
(Full review with Plot description will be on GoodReads, Instagram and Amazon)

When She Disappeared is an intense murder mystery that had me hooked from the very beginning! I didn't want to put this one down and wish I didn't have to for those few snippets of time when someone needed something from me! This was really good and now I want to go back and read more from this duo!

THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD! One of the best I have read this year. Margo's life changed when her childhood best friend, Jessie, went missing. She left for college and didn't turn back until her father needed help while recovering from surgery. Margo didn't fit in as a child and she felt as if she still didn't fit in. After coming home the body of Jessie was discovered and the investigation was reopened. Margo was able to reconnect with someone she had a crush on in high school and have the opportunity to help investigate Jesse's murder.