Delta

Pub Date 04 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 30 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Delta #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Jason Carico is a grieving father, desperately trying to come to grips with the loss of his eight-year-old stepdaughter, Delta, who drowned two months ago.

But if she's dead, then why is there a little girl claiming to be Delta locked up in his basement?

Desperately wanting to believe her, Jason attempts to live a normal life while hiding his nightmare below. His anxiety explodes when his late wife's sister appears on his doorstep. Can he trust her? Would she believe him? And what will the police think if they ever find out the only African American man in town has a white girl trapped in his basement?

The haunting motto of Mother's death cult tolls throughout the book, "The Universe has a plan, independent from the wants of man."

But if she's dead, then why is there a...

A Note From the Publisher

Tom Starita is the author of two novels, "Two Ways to Sunday" and "Growth & Change are Highly Overrated". When asked for her thoughts about him, Oprah Winfrey said, "Who?" Tom Hanks refused to respond to an email asking for a quote, and former Mets great Mookie Wilson once waved to him from a passing taxi.

Originally from Staten Island, NY, Starita has now found a home in the beautiful beach community of Stratford, Connecticut, with his amazing wife Shannon, their daughter Chloe and their dog Lola. He remains a loyal fan of the New York Mets.

Advance Praise

"Delta is a book well worth reading. One that deals with dramatic subjects while crafting a suspenseful horror tale." -Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

When I originally saw this cover I was a little skeptical but found the description intriguing.
No offense but the title and cover WOULD have possibly made me pass, however, this is exactly why that old adage ‘Never Judge A Book By It’s Cover’ has never been more apt!
It was literally incredible.
I pride myself on usually being able to guess ‘supposed’ twists but I never saw this one coming. I say one but I actually mean multiple!
What a tale. My fingers literally could not stop themselves from flipping the pages like a madman, twists, turns and shocks aplenty.
Not your average horror as it had it all. Sympathy for the main characters, empathy for the tragic occurrence of events and total shock at how cleverly written this book is. The ending literally took by breath away!
Progressing through this frightening and believable tale is akin to driving down a dark road when your headlights suddenly shut off, a looming sense of foreboding that grows within you at dangers that, without a doubt, lay ahead.
An absolutely stunning read that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend with fervor.
A sequel perhaps? Hell yes please and I would be first in line to buy it.

This is an amazing read. Gripping doesn't seem like it does this book justice, I literally had a pain in the neck from reading this book and first degree burns on my fingers from flipping the pages on my kindle. It was so twisty that I don't think even Sherlock Holmes could guess the ending. Incredible.