One Sweet Summer

A steamy small town contemporary romance

Pub Date 14 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 15 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #OneSweetSummer #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

One shot of Miami Sunshine.
Mix with one sweet summer and brew in a barn over six weeks as they build a tiny house together.
So much could go wrong…but so much could go spectacularly right.
Which is it going to be?

Raiden Logan:
Life. Not my forte. But here I have my one chance to change the trajectory I set for myself when I ran away from home at sixteen. Building a tiny house for a televised competition I plan to win might just put me on the map and get me that bank loan I need to start my own business. Losing isn’t an option.

For this competition, I’m allowed one assistant. I’m not going to mess up selecting one by tossing these résumés in the air and going with the first one that lands in my lap. My assistant isn’t going to be a sexy Miami beach babe who wields power tools like she wields social media. And I’m not going to fall for Georgiana Wess either, because business and pleasure shouldn’t mix and can only lead to disaster. Nope. I’m going to nail this and get the kickstart I never had.

Not.

Life, remember? Not my forte.

Georgiana Wess:
I have one summer to create and build something for myself before I return to the drudgery of working for my parents' company. The only problem? The six-foot grouch I’m teamed with.

The first thing I learn about Raiden Logan: he pushes all my buttons. The second thing? He doesn’t do things the way we do them in Miami…or anywhere else in the world for that matter. The third? He’s impossible to ignore, but I can't let him get to me because of all the ways to ruin this summer, falling in love with him would be the worst.

One Sweet Summer is a steamy contemporary romance set in small-town Vermont, with forced proximity and enemies-to-lovers tropes written in first person, dual point of view.

One shot of Miami Sunshine.
So much could go wrong…but so much could go...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 000B09Y9H2PQY

Links

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I really, really liked this book! It hooked me from the first chapter and kept me hooked the entire time! It was really sweet.

I've read several books by Ms. Karlson so I was looking forward to something new from her when One Sweet Summer became available for review on NetGalley. I had said that Just My Type was my favorite of all the books I've read and it was until I read Georgiana & Raiden's story. I still love Just My Type, but these deeply emotional and moving characters touched my heart and soul. I connected with them immediately and fell for both of them from the get-go. Ms. Karlson has a way of pulling the reader into the story and becoming fully invested in the characters and she certainly accomplished that with Georgiana and Raiden. This is being described as enemies-to-lovers but it's much more than that. I'm so glad I didn't know some of the aspects of this read because experiencing them first-hand without any preconceived notions made it that much more enjoyable. I'm hoping we'll get more books in the Logan Family because I have a feeling Hunter's story will be an interesting one! I highly recommend One Sweet Summer if you're looking for an emotional, heartwarming and passionate read. I'm grateful to have been given an opportunity to have read and reviewed an ARC for NetGalley.

QOTD: Would you live in a tiny home?
My A: YES!!!
Sophia freaking Karlson. You've done it again, and better than ever! I LOVED this book so much. An opposites attract, forced proximity romance between a big city girl and small town guy is exactly what I needed to pull me out of the mini reading slump I've been in. There was so much heart packed into these pages. The MMC, Raiden, is quiet, misunderstood and broody. A town outcast and introverted, Raiden was a tough nut to crack. But leave it to Miami transplant Georgiana to pull him out of his shell. Compassionate, hard working and loving, George was the PERFECT match for Raiden.
This story tackled hard subjects like parental issues, learning disabilities and grief. The small town setting, the fun tiny home building plot and the cast of side characters were all highlights, but nothing beats the chemistry these two have! I'll be buying a physical copy and rereading ASAP because I loved these two so much. This was the perfect summer read. 😍
BLURB:
One shot of Miami Sunshine.
So much could go wrong…but so much could go spectacularly right.
Which is it going to be?

Raiden Logan:

Georgiana Wess:

An easily bingeable grumpy/sunshine, forced proximity, summer workplace romance that I couldn't put down! I loved the tiny house, reality tv competition plot, I loved the STEAM and am always a sucker for a great enemies to lovers small town romance. This book delivered all that and more! Perfect for your beach bags and recommended for fans of Helena Hunting. Much thanks to NetGalley and the author for an advance review copy!

Being used to Sophia Karlson writing more on the darker side, One Sweet Summer came as a great surprise. A lighter kind of romance but not without its obstacles and secrets, Raiden Logan and Georgiana Wess have reasons for hesitation, having to work together for 6 weeks on a tiny house competition. I loved that there was a complete mix-up, whereas Georgiana goes by George on her resume and she's hired as the most qualified intern to assist Raiden, the assumption that she's a man and not a sexy woman. She's the last distraction he needs as they not only have to work side by side, but live together in a small 2 bedroom boathouse making the situation wicked fun to watch.

Both characters are truly wonderful in their own right, despite the opinions of Georgiana's parents in particular, and the residents of Raiden's small town of Ashleigh Lake. I thoroughly enjoyed how Raiden's gruff nature sets off Georgiana to work even harder to prove they can be the team to beat and how capable she truly is, much to Raiden's surprise. There's no question, a spark was lit from the moment they met and even though Georgiana threatens more than once to go back with her tail between her legs to Miami, soon both she and Raiden realize they fit together both professionally and personally like they were made for one another.

I loved that Karlson takes her time in allowing real feelings of partnership to develop between Raiden and Georgiana. With Raiden being a true conundrum at times in the manner in which he speaks and how closed up he is to those who aren't family, Georgiana is a true Godsend in more ways than one. As they both slowly fall for each other, tender moments like a simple hand on a shoulder after a rough night or being given a hug because nothing else will do, made this book shine.

Both Raiden and Georgiana find in the other the strength to finally be who they want to be, stepping out of the shadows of past mistakes, haunting memories, and bad decisions. It was a joy to watch how everything turned out, knowing that love can indeed conquer all. You just have to open your heart and take a chance.

I look forward to more in this series, One Sweet Summer the perfect beginning to all things Logan and Brodie. With the hope that Raiden and his Miami are there to guide the residents of Ashleigh Lake through their own whirlwind romances.

4 huge stars!

I read this novel on Netgalley right before it’s publication day, and what a lovely breath of fresh air this book is. Prior to reading this novel, I’ve read a few thrillers and crime books, and this romance novel was a lovely surprise.
This book made me happy and smile. I loved the main characters, the location, the author’s writing style, character development and the plot of the book. It is nice to read a romantic novel with a strong and capable female character. The idea of a building company and a couple building a life together is refreshing too. This novel is a surprisingly heartwarming contemporary romantic novel and I recommend it to everybody who is a fan of this genre.
This novel is my first that I’ve read by the author but I hope I can read more in the future as I really liked this book!

More than a simple, sweet love story. This couple has issues, not only with each other. Interesting back stories. I did skip over the intimate details. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley. My review is voluntary.

One Sweet Summer was a good, quick read. Slow burn, small town, low angst, light spice, grumpy/sunshine, a little miscommunication, and of course, a HEA. Raiden and Georgiana meet when Raiden hires her, thinking she was a guy, to be his assistant on a TV show competition for building a tiny home. He has struggles/history and I enjoyed watching him and his family unveil them, and Georgiana accepting and loving him as he is.

Whenever I read a story by Sophia Karlson, I don’t know what to expect. What is going to be the dynamic between the characters, are there going to be issues, enemies or just mental road blocks put there by the characters themselves.

I enjoyed reading about Georgiana and Raiden, their back stories. The problems they have have that take over their entire life. I actually liked Raiden and his story more. It was heartfelt and sad, but also what he put himself through.

Georgiana was a bit too young for this story, in my opinion, but to fit in with working for the parents and seeming to feel lost work wise, the age of 24 fit better. All in all, she should have been 26/27.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review, are completely my own.