The Lost Witch

A Novel

Pub Date 27 Dec 2022 | Archive Date 10 Jan 2023
St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin

In Paige Cruther's The Lost Witch, a witch discovers that finding your way home is sometimes the most perilous journey of all.

1922. Brigid Heron is a powerful witch and healer in the seemingly lost, but charming small town of Evermore on a forgotten isle in Ireland. However, there is one thing that she longs for above all else: a child of her own. She is even willing to be seduced by the mysterious Luc Knightly, head of the Knightly coven, whose pull is potent and impossible to resist. When their child is born and falls ill, Brigid will risk anything to save her daughter–even tap into the forbidden magic of the Lough of Brionglóid. But when the wild magic takes her daughter from her, Brigid is swept away as well.

2022. Evermore is under siege. The witches of Knight have been using their chaos magic to widen the rift between the island and the Otherworld. Creatures from folklore prey on the villagers, consuming their very humanity.

Brigid awakens in this world with no memory of how she traveled into the future, but she learns that she helped unleash this curse on Evermore. To seal the lough and stop the witches of Knight, she must work with her magical descendants, Ophelia and Finola. But the knowledge she seeks lies with Luc Knightly himself—mysterious, handsome, and powerful. To save Evermore, Brigid may have to lose everything once again.

“Enthralling and lyrical”—J. R. Ward, New York Times bestselling author on The Orphan Witch

1922. Brigid Heron is a powerful witch and healer in the seemingly lost...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I loved The Orphan Witch by Crutcher!
And The Lost Witch didn't disappoint me either!

Brigid and Evermore are such amazing characters. I just loved these two.
The world building this brilliant Author has created is pure magic.
I couldn't help but love being stuck in this book.

Crutcher has created a spellbinding tale of family, magic and power.
The Lost Witch was incredible just as I predicted.
A mesmerizing, magical, wonderful read.
As well as a delightfully fun, witchy tale.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

St. Martin's Press,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!

I really, really enjoyed this book! It was an all around fantastic read, and it hooked me from the very beginning!

This book was so fun to read!! I read the whole book in one sitting, The plot was so fun and unique! I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

Mesmerizing and magical !

The premise and themes that are featured in this book are probably some of my most favourite elements in fantasy. Paige Crutcher delivers an atmospheric, engaging and beautifully written tale with great characters, a captivating setting and an extremely enchanting storyline. This is the first book by Crutcher that I have read. I'm definitely going to check out her other books!

A special thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about a witch who wakes up 100 years in the future. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down until I was done. This book is magical. I loved reading Brigid’s story.

The Lost Witch is mystical, magical and wildly original. This story weaves a haunting curse and a homecoming that is so well deserved. I was so scared of how this book could end for everyone involved. The author did an amazing job of keeping me on the edge of my seat until the very end.

this was a really fun romance fantasy novel, it was a unique take on the genre and I had a lot of fun reading this. The characters were what I was hoping for and loved the romance that was built from it. The plot was what I was hoping for and got sucked into it from the first page. Ms. Paige Crutcher has a great writing style and I look forward to the next book from Ms. Crutcher.

"Once upon a time, Brigid Heron was alone and lonely. She lived in a house she loved, and she performed services for a deity who loved her. Her days were filled, her life comfortable . . . and it was awful. Brigid had been by herself long before the loss of her mother, and all of her days had only ever longed for something more."

I absolutely loved this book! There were so many moments where I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next, I was on the edge of my seat! It was not at all what I expected, in a good way. The world building was done perfectly, in that you are immersed in their world but you aren’t bogged down by too many details. At times it gave me Practical Magic vibes, but I was 100% here for it!

The Lost Witch was absolutely enchanting! Crutcher wrote a story that was so well written I found myself flying through the pages, unable to put the book down, pondering what would happen next. My favorite piece of this entire story was how believable the characters were.

The writing is clear and clean, and very immersive. The book hums along at a good clip, but the pacing makes sure we're given time to breathe between plot-intensifying moments. The story was absolutely engaging and the work that went into the settings was noticeable and superb. I felt absolutely transported and I'm so incredibly glad I was able to read an arc of this story