Shout for Joy!

Psalm 100 Illustrated by Jan Spivey Gilchrist

Pub Date 03 May 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #ShoutforJoy #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Children will learn to trust God and sing His praises in this original paraphrase of Psalm 100 featuring captivating illustrations from Jan Spivey Gilchrist. They’ll share the emotions of the people as they rise to start their day, gather with others in church, or simply lift their hands in worship. This third book in the Be Still and Know Stories series is enjoyable for both child and adult to read together to remember God's love and faithfulness.

A Note From the Publisher

No Kindle available at this time.

No Kindle available at this time.

Shout for Joy! is an illustrated form of Psalm 100. It features various illustrations of children and adults praising the Lord. I appreciated the diverse representation.

Thank you, Our Daily Bread Publishing, for the advance reading copy.

And yes, the book is already available at bookstores!

The illustrations are endearing and so beautiful.

It's so well done based on the Psalm 100.

Kudoa to the author/artist.

A collectible I would say!

"Shout for Joy!" leads readers through Psalm 100. Beautifully created illustrations accompany the words of the psalm. This is the perfect book to read with your children or for yourself if you want to include some worship-filled words in your day.

This was so cute! I love the illustrations of each page and the message of Psalms. This is easy to read for children and adults alike. If you want to learn about Christianity especially Psalms this book is for you.

This is a beautiful adaptation of the bible verses in Psalm. The illustrations are beautiful and all the characters throughout add to the beauty of the story. A great book for learning the bible verses and for spreading the joy of God. Thank you #netgalley for a copy of this book.

It was wonderful book and illustration!

I think this is easy to read for non-English speakers like me.

I could understand easily what this book wants to tell.

First, the paint of this book is beautiful, so I could enjoy by seeing paint. Also, in content, it was new for me to read about importance of God. There are some difficult words to me, but it was interesting. And, there are lots of specifically good aspects of God, so I think I learned a lot. Entirely, I like this paint so much.

Jan Spivey Gilchrist has created a beautifully illustrated picture book with sentences loosely based on Psalm 100 (mostly paraphrases with some differences.) The illustrations are expressive, exuberant, and colorful. It would make a lovely book with read through with young children or grandchildren as they would be learning about this popular and well-loved portion of the Bible.

Gorgeous illustrations live up to this book’s name. I’m going to seek out the rest of this Psalm series for children. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to review a digital copy.

I loved the illustrations and the paraphrase of Psalm 100 in this children’s book, I would not add it to our church library because (unfortunately) our church has hardly any members of color.

Shout for Joy!
Psalm 100 Illustrated by Jan Spivey Gilchrist
by Jan Spivey Gilchrist
Pub Date 03 May 2022
Our Daily Bread Publishing
Children's Nonfiction | Christian | Multicultural Interest

I am reviewing a copy of Shout for Joy through Our Daily Bread Publishing and Netgalley:

Shout for Joy is a beautiful paraphrased retelling of Psalm 100, beautifully illustrated the story is told in a way that will engage even the younger children.

Shout for Joy will allow children to learn to trust God and sing His praises in this original paraphrase of Psalm 100 featuring captivating illustrations from Jan Spivey Gilchrist.

Children will be able share the emotions of the people as they rise to start their day, gather with others in church, or simply lift their hands in worship. This third book in the Be Still and Know Stories series is enjoyable for both child and adult to read together to remember God's love and faithfulness.

I would Recommend Shout for Joy to Parents and Sunday School teachers a like.

Five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!

*thank you netgalley for providing me with this arc in exchange for an honest review :) *

This book was amazing!

Our artist, Jan Spivey Gilchrist, did an amazing job depicting what each verse evokes from us, emotion-wise. The happiness, the stillness, the comfort and the hope and guidance that comes with our faith.

The illustrations though relevant to the verses associated with them are also beautifully done! Thank you Gilchrist for sharing your talents. Even though this book is labeled as a children’s book (it is simple to follow and is easy to read) I would advertise this book to whoever is involved with scripture! It is an additional fun way to study/read this portion of Psalms (which is one of my favorites).

5/5 stars

I received an electronic ARC from Our Daily Bread Publishing through NetGalley.
Beautiful artwork offers support for this paraphrase of Psalm 100. The language chosen is easy for young readers to comprehend. They will connect with the children in the illustrations and relate to their worship. Charming book for young families to share and perfect for religious school lessons on this Psalm.

THANK YOU to Our Daily Bread & NetGalley for sending me this ARC. All reviews are honest reflections of my own opinions, always.

Psalm 100 comes to life with simple paraphrasing & lovely illustrations.

This children’s book, featuring realistic watercolor portraits, is perfect to gift, share & read along with the littles in your life. The paraphrasing flows nicely, sparking themes of joy in both the good & difficult seasons of life. Poignant reminders that little souls feel as wide a range of emotions as adults.

Joy, thankfulness, & God’s faithful love are put at the forefront, making it both a book to enjoy, and one that opens up a bigger discussion about God’s gift of true joy & how our hearts can sing out in His honor, regardless of our earthly circumstances.

A truly lovely look at a familiar psalm, & the outpouring of joy through children’s eyes. My only thought is that the illustrations, while beautiful, didn’t always seem to fit the flow of the book… like they were a compilation of the artists work at various times rather than specifically created for this book. Turns out, this is exactly the case. A minor thing which doesn’t effect the overall value of the message.

An artful interpretation of Psalm 100, worship and praise are wonderfully expressed in each of the illustrations

#ShoutforJoy#JanSpiveyGilchrist#OurDailyBreadPublishing #NetGalley

This is Psalm 100 for children. This is something that will help a child understand what it is all about. The illustrations depict acts of worship and praise.

This will be a good book to teach them about God's love and our response through praise and adoration.

This is a review of the ARC of this book.