Funeral Arranging and End-of-Life Decisions

A Step-by-Step Guide

Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 25 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #FuneralArrangingandEndofLifeDecisions #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Since the rise in deaths through Covid-19, there has been an increase in the need for personal, heartfelt ceremonies to celebrate the end of life. More and more people are questioning traditional ideas and realising that there are choices out there.

Drawing upon her years of experience in working in the funeral industry, Sarah Chapman uniquely collates all the key information needed into a single comprehensive resource. This must-have guide will holistically support you from the moment someone dies to their funeral, while also empowering you to plan your own end-of-life care and ceremony.

This step-by-step guide will take away the fear and uncertainty you may feel when faced with arranging the funeral of a loved one. It gives you back control in creating a fitting ceremony to celebrate their life, while also providing you with the tools to plan your own funeral in a way that is unique to you. It will help you to decide on the legacy you would like to leave for future generations, and you may even decide to plan your own living ceremony before you die.

A Note From the Publisher

Sarah Chapman is a professional Celebrant based in the southwest of England. In 2012, she trained with Civil Ceremonies Ltd, and is also a member of End of Life Doula UK. In her professional life she has performed and taught drama and music, facilitated Singing for Memory sessions (for people with early dementia), directed choirs on land and on cruises, and is privileged to be a mother and grandmother.

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781915352804
PRICE £5.99 (GBP)

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A handy resource for options that are available to adults looking at end-of-life decisions. My one regret with this book is that it is going to be limited in my ability to recommend it, as a fair amount of the information was UK-specific and I am not based there. I value the care and effort that the author has put into the book, and I hope to see more relevant titles like this pop up for the subcultures and areas that desire them.

This is a beautifully written and incredibly useful guide to help everyone navigate a difficult time. Though most people will not read this until they, unfortunately, have to prepare for a funeral, I am grateful I read it just to be informed ahead of time.

Sarah Chapman thoroughly guides you like a warm friend and teacher through the options and customs available to you and your family and friends for all of your end-of-life decisions. Her book is not only educational but accessible. It is user-friendly and easy to read, to help keep you from feeling overwhelmed. Quite frankly she removes a lot of the fear of having to plan and make end-of-life arrangements.

This is an event that we will all face at some point and Sarah Chapman and her wonderful guide are here to make this as easy for you and your friends and family as possible.

Thank you to Sarah Chapman, The Book Guild, and NetGalley for my copy

This is a very useful guide. Unfortunately, I did not realize it is written for those living in the UK.

What an excellent guide this is . At times of stress you need something which is comprehensive but easy to understand and assimilate. Whether this is to assist you in planning and arranging a loved one’s final farewell or in leaving a list of wishes for your own celebration of life this matter of fact, clear title tome explains all the current (and some future) options. It has certainly helped me clarify my thoughts on what I would want and the range of resources given is the most comprehensive I have come across. In my experience it makes the task of arranging a funeral much less stressful - fewer sleepless nights wondering if your loved one would be happy with what you are planning, if the person leaves you an idea of their wishes. This book will help you do that.