Hell Spring

Pub Date 21 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 15 Nov 2022
Lost Hollow Books, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #HellSpring #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In the twilight of March 21, 1955, eight people take cover in their local general store while a thundering torrent and flash flooding threatens life and livelihood alike. None of the eight are everything they claim to be. But only one of them hungers for human souls, flesh, and blood.

An overflowing waterway destroys their only path of escape. The tiny band of survivors is forced to confront themselves and each other when a peculiar stranger with a famous face tries to pick them off one by one.

Can the neighbors survive the predator in their midst as well as the 100-year flood that drowns the small town of Lost Hollow?

Or will they become victims of the night the townsfolk all remember as Hell Spring?

A Note From the Publisher

Hardcover (ISBN:9781938271533)
Ebook (ISBN:9781938271557)

Hardcover (ISBN:9781938271533)
Ebook (ISBN:9781938271557)

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781938271540

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A thrilling tale of sin. One that takes you back in time. Murder, guilt, lust are just some of the sins a demon could feed from in this small town horror. I enjoyed the book. It was my first one from this author and I’m looking forward to reading more from them.

This was my first Isaac Thorne novel and let me just say this, it will not be my last! I’m about to go buy all his other works. I fell deeply into this dark, twisted story from the very beginning and devoured it.
I liked that we got to know each and every character and their story individually. It helped me feel connected to each and every one of them.
The story and plot was unique and horrific. I had to keep reading to find out what happened next! Isaac Thorne’s descriptive writing style left little to the imagination and painted a perfect picture with words.
I truly enjoyed this novel and author. I can’t wait to recommend it to others.

Hell Spring is one of those books that keep on giving horror after horror while also engaging you in the characters. It takes some tropes of the genre and the author completely makes them his own, adding twists and turns that keeps the reader wanting to learn more.

Eight people trapped in a general store during a "storm of the century" type disaster is bad enough. Add to it a creature from hell masked in human form and things go from bad to worse. And this creature is hungry and needs to feed.

We learn about the characters and each one feels shameful of some supposed "sin" of theirs. These feelings of guilt, shame, and regret are the food this creature needs to survive... with horrifying bloody results.

I entirely enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to others.

Cosmic horror is quickly becoming one of my most favorite things to read and this one is a perfect addition to any cosmic horror lovers bookshelves!
You’ve got a 100-year flood (I appreciated the eco horror addition and afterword focusing on climate change), close proximity/stranded people, demons and a whole lot of weirdness.
The characters in this story are so well developed that I began to feel like I knew them personally! (Yes, even Marilyn.)
This book gets added points for being set in Tennessee without portraying the residents as total dumb hicks. As an Tennessean, I am grateful to that.
Hell Spring is tense and unique. I think it will be real treat for all lovers of fine horror stories!

This was such a good and fun read! It hit all the genre notes perfectly. I will definitely be in the lookout for more by this author.

Hell Spring by Isaac Thorne Is bloody, gruesome, graphic and gory. Weak hearts should not read this. If this was a movie, I would have covered my eyes during a few scenes. Beyond the graphic horror of this book is a fascinating story about guilt and morality. The beautiful Marilyn Monroe on the cover is not what she seems and it takes a while for all the plot points to come together. But once they do, things move wild and fast. It's very bleak but has a charming ending. Thanks to NetGalley, Isaac Thorne and Lost Hollow books for the arc.