Hellfire & Pride

From Hell

Pub Date 27 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 15 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HellfirePride #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A Note From the Publisher

Paranormal fiction

Paranormal fiction

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

**I received a copy of this book from Backlit PR and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. My opinions are my own and not solicited in any way. **
Rating 3.5/5
The first half was almost great. I was waiting in anticipation for the reveal, and that is where this book, disappoints a little. If you're interested in a very light snarky humorous fast read Fantasy, then maybe this book or just Leviathan is for you.
Pros
World Building 9/10
Antihero hero villain 8/10
I enjoyed Leviathan's snark humor, and he seems to be the only one with a little common sense. His inner monologues are truly enjoyable and what pushed the narrative of this story.
Cons
Melissani - I really couldn't connect with her. In the first quarter, she was powerful, intimidating, and evil, then we get vastly different versions of her throughout.
The side characters are okay, and near the end, some characters are introduced, which I suspect is in some other series of this author, and causes friction to this story, which I think was unnecessary (this is the first series, I have read of this author, so the introduced characters were new to me.)

Thank you to NetGalley, Backlit PR and Nadine Nightingale for this ARC!
I really enjoyed it! I loved the banter between Mel & Levi, and all Levi’s sass. I laughed out loud numerous times to Leviathan’s sarcasm. Incase you can’t tell he was totally my favourite?
This is a fun, easy read filled with lots of action. I enjoyed the perception of hell in it too, especially it’s feature of Hello Kitty! I’m keen to see where the series goes from here… ps. Mel is a total badass.
It was published 27th July 22 so go & check it out!
4/5
Here’s what it’s about:

These days it's hard enough to be a witch, but being born a hellfire witch? That's something else entirely and no one knows that better than Melissani. Half witch, half demon she's one of the most powerful creatures in existence. The fire in her soul could kill Lucifer himself. Shame that thanks to her mother said soul now belongs to Leviathan, Crown Prince of Hell. Once upon a time the two had a thing. Yes, she fell for the demon prince who bought her soul, and despite her better judgment she trusted the bastard. But, of course, he had to mess it up. A broken heart, shattered dreams and, to cap it all off, a missing sister dragged to hell. Well, what is it they say? Hell has no fury like a hellfire witch betrayed. So buckle up little prince. Hellfire is coming for you.

Going into this book, I felt like there was more than enough potential for it to capture the reader's attention ,the blurb was catchy, the cover was intriguing, even the name Leviathan was surprising and yet exciting but as I got to the sixth chapter, I still couldn't understand what the story, really was entailing. All it involved was the characters complaining and arguing, trying to give a backstory as to why there's hate but nothing added up. The blurb didn't serve to the purpose of the first chapter. The whole plot of the story felt dragged, yes the chapters were many but I feel like the story could have done better. The end was even more irritating. I almost marked this book as DNF but then I tried and I pushed through. It has a fresh idea and if the author can polish it in the next books in the series, this could become a bestseller. Overall I would give it 3/5 stars.

Thank you Net Galley and Wild Rose Press Publishing for this copy of Hellfire and Pride in exchange for an honest review

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this ARC.

This is a middle of the road paranormal romance. I didn't connect with tge characters but other than that, there wasn't anything terribly wrong. However nothing really stood out either.