The Great Money Reset

Change Your Work, Change Your Wealth, Change Your Life

Pub Date 24 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 07 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TheGreatMonetReset #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ten timely financial steps to build the life you really want.

The COVID-19 pandemic forced us to rethink everything. Now, when it comes to envisioning a post-pandemic future, financial expert Jill Schlesinger hears one question over and over: IS THIS REALLY HOW I WANT TO LIVE?

The Great Money Reset is your guide to getting real and building your best life. A bible for navigating our present era of seismic change, Schlesinger’s book shows us how to take advantage of this situation to pull off personal transitions. Whether it's time to get that raise, refinance your mortgage, or start a new business, The Great Money Reset provides a framework to strategize your next financial move. In ten simple steps, you will be empowered to fundamentally break through your unsatisfying pre-pandemic reality and thrive through whatever awful surprises come next.

And there will be some.

Ten timely financial steps to build the life you really want.

PAGES 304

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Worth to read. High recommend to whom is lost in financial management. Easy to understand, practical samples, case studies.
During the pandemic, many things have been reset. You have to learn to adapt yourself to new situation. Reset your life, your social relations, your financial status. How to do? How to treat everything well, just read this book

I just reviewed The Great Money Reset by Jill Schlesinger. #TheGreatMonetReset #NetGalley

Jill Schlesinger is back with a great new money book that really makes you think about what you NEED to think about before making huge life decisions.
During the pandemic, many people re-evaluated their lives, their careers, and even their retirements.
The Author walks a person through what they should think about before making a drastic change in circumstances.
Giving examples of real people, the book delves into many situations that ordinary people may find themselves in.
This is a great book to read before contemplating any changes in your life, your living situation or work place.

This was an excellent book on personal finance and career direction. The author's tone was highly readable, and the advice was sound and timely. Most of the book deals with life after the pandemic and the need to re-think your life and your finances after a time of tremendous change. Even though I had already gone through some major changes in my life, I found the book interesting and helpful.

This book comes at the right time -- post pandemic - many of us are wondering what are we doing with our lives and as a consequence how can us looking at our money reset help guide us to new choices. What I particularly liked about this book is that it is full of practical tips -- not theory. Each chapter has case studies and personal stories that really help illustrate the points -- so there is something for everyone in this book regardless of where you are at in your career or life. At the end of each chapter is a summary of the key tips which I also like. There are ten chapters and my favorite was to challenge our own spending assumptions/beliefs we set for ourselves. What is great about this book is it is not really an investing book but rather has us self-reflect on our beliefs, our choices to help identify where a reset is helpful. Don't get me wrong -- there are chapters on investing and taxes and whether to seek more education, or sell or buy a business but the underlying theme is to push us to identify our overall goal. To me, that is what makes this book unique and extremely timely! I recommend this book.

Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.