Meditations on Butterflies

A Coloring and Hand-Lettering Activity Journal

Pub Date 22 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 21 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #MeditationsonButterflies #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Fly away from daily stresses while coloring and journaling, taking inspiration from the natural beauty of butterflies.  Author Kristen D’Angelo and artist/author Maryjo Koch have created the ultimate coloring book-journal. Meditations on Butterflies features 26 stunning North American butterfly species, from A to Z, for coloring book fans to color and complete. Readers will learn their beautiful winged markings, practice simple calligraphy, and enjoy inspiring nature quotes. Pages also guide readers to adorn each page with butterfly and garden observations, daily gratitudes, and aspirational notes. Fifty-two additional lined pages are included (between the color plates) for weekly journaling.

Coloring book and guided journal enthusiasts using Butterflies will:

• Recharge and relax while doing something creative

• Find emotional balance through reflective journaling

• Be inspired by nature and the transformative beauty of butterflies

• Appreciate the restorative power of mindful gratitude and inspirational verse

Meditations on Butterflies features removable, perforated pages. Each finished color plate can be detached from the book and framed as personal artwork. The thick, matte, acid-free paper is archival quality and perfect for colored pencils and inks.

A Note From the Publisher

If you would like to leave a review on Goodreads, please use this link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61441016-meditations-on-butterflies

If you would like to leave a review on Amazon, please use this link: https://www.amazon.com/Meditations-Butterflies-Coloring-Hand-lettering-Activity/dp/1954854757

If you would like to leave a review on Amazon...

Marketing Plan

GoodReads/Listopia placement

Listing and pricing promotions through GFB's Aerio store

Digital galley distribution on Edelweiss and NetGalley

GoodReads/Listopia placement

Listing and pricing promotions through GFB's Aerio store

Digital galley distribution on Edelweiss and NetGalley

ISBN 9781954854758

This is absolutely beautiful! What a genuinely lovely colouring book - each and every page is a real pleasure to complete. It has everything from manifestations and affirmations with lines to write your own, flowers and butterflies to colour in, and space to practise beautiful calligraphy letters. Would recommend.

Thank you to Girl Friday Books and Netgalley for an eARC of this book to read and review

A charming guided journal for lovers of coloring, nature, and calligraphy. This book has a butterfly for every letter in the alphabet with colored samples to copy for your own coloring. It also contains guidance for taking notes on kindness and mindfulness.

Maybe I expected too much from this colouring journal!

I love flowers and butterflies. That too for journaling! I got too excited I guess when I got the advance reading copy.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about butterflies. This collection is meant for some leisure hand lettering. I would say it's just the perfect thing to do when you want to create something beautiful but can be done easily without having to plan much.

Have a good time practicing!

Thank you, Girl Friday Books, for the advance reading copy.

Meditation on Butterflies
5 Stars

This is a fun book that teaches cursive writing, has areas for journaling, and beautiful pictures of butterflies and flowers to color. All great ways to relax. I am particularly excited by the casual style of teaching cursive writing. In the US, over 25 years ago, schools stopped teaching cursive writing in the classroom. Even though many of our historical documents are written in it. At the very least, I deem it important to sign your signature on important items.

As a parent, I've tried my best to educate my children on conservation. So, I really appreciated the first portion of this book explaining butterfly life cycles and ideas about what can be done to help pollinators and why they're so important.

Overall, I think this is a great journal to express yourself, whether through writing or coloring. Meditation on Butterflies introduces this information in a refreshing, fun way. I think this would be a thoughtful gift for middle school or high school age children. My daughter (age 14) loves coloring and journaling to relax and recharge. Thanks, NetGalley and Girl Friday Books, for providing me with a complimentary copy for an honest review.

*Please note I can't review the quality of paper from a digital ARC. The publisher notes the paper is "thick, matte, acid-free paper of archival quality." It doesn't include the weight of paper (archival quality is 240msg if that helps). Colored pencils, watercolors and inks would work on this paper, but I wouldn't recommend alcohol markers.

This book is truly beautiful and breathtaking!

The beginning of the book has a section called "Butterfly Families". Six different butterfly families are identified and goes into detail how to spot them.
The next section gives detailed instructions on how to build a butterfly habitat. It goes on to explain what kinds of plants are best to host butterflies and what not to feed or use around them.
Next, the butterfly's life cycle. All the stages of the butterfly's life.

After learning all these important steps on saving the butterflies and protecting them, an A to Z section of butterflies! You get calligraphy exercises, coloring sections, a journal section, and random facts. And every once in awhile a need little tidbit is added, such as a mini "to-do" list tucked in a tiny corner of one of the activity pages.

If you know anyone who is interested in nature, butterflies, and art; this is the book for them or yourself!

Thank you #NetGalley and #GirlFridayBooks for letting me review #MeditationsonButterflies by Kristen D'Angelo.

This whimsical book is perfect for those who love butterflies. It starts out with basic information on the butterfly lifecycle, and describes how to create your own backyard butterfly garden. 26 different kinds of butterfly are described. In each section there are beautiful illustrations to color, inspiring quotes, a line to practice your calligraphy, info on each butterfly featured, and a spot for journaling. It’s a book you could page through many times, always seeing something new. Appropriate for junior high age and up. Would make a beautiful and perfect gift to be cherished.