Big Ideas from History (NOP)
A history of the world for you
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 28 Mar 2023 | Archive Date 08 Sep 2022
Big Ideas from History is the story of what has happened through time - in a voice that speaks directly to a child's growing mind, helping them make vast connections between time and place, and their own place within history.
What might the dinosaurs or the ancient Egyptians, the Aztec warriors or the Enlightenment thinkers of the 18th century tell us that could be interesting and useful to hear now? This book is a big history of the world, from the beginnings of the universe to now, which places the reader at its center. It encourages children to think about how they experience the world and offers a helpful perspective by placing their thoughts and feelings in the context of our history and evolution.
Big Ideas From History asks the reader to imagine a world they would like to live in. What might they learn from self-knowledge? How can they grow, develop and create their own place in history? Charming, thoughtful, and written with warmth and intelligence, this is the perfect gift for the curious child.
- BIG IDEAS FROM HISTORY: Spanning the ages in an easy-to-follow way, this latest edition to the "Big Ideas" series covers Prehistory, Ancient History, The Middle Ages, Industrialization, The Modern World and The Future.
- KIDS WILL LOVE ENGAGING WITH THIS BOOK: As one example, readers young and old alike can ponder items like "What the ideal school would be like" or "How to teach people to be great at telling jokes" in the section titled "Big Questions We Don't Know the Answer For (Yet)".
- WRITTEN FOR KIDS: Makes history fascinating and relevant to children and renders complicated material accessible to a younger audience without condescension.
- CONVERSATION WILL FLOW BETWEEN CHILDREN AND THEIR GROWN-UPS: An engaging way to open up conversations between adults and children about thoughts and feelings.
- BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATIONS BY ANNA DOHERTY: We see two characters traversing the history of the world, bringing it vibrantly to life.
- FOLLOW UP TO THE BEST-SELLING BIG IDEAS FOR CURIOUS MINDS