Yours Truly

Pub Date 11 Apr 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #YoursTruly #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

ER doctor Brianna Ortiz has had it up to here with men. She just finalized a divorce from her cheating husband, and the new guy at work has been nicknamed Dr. Death for losing seven patients on his first day. Yet when she tries to console him about it, his abrupt rudeness totally takes her aback. With a brother who desperately needs a kidney transplant, Bri has enough to worry about without work drama on top of it. Then she gets the sweetest letter from Dr. Death—er, Dr. Jacob Maddox—himself, and suddenly everything becomes clearer.

Bri does the only thing she can think of. She writes him back. And he writes her. And soon Jacob’s little notes are the highlight of her day. Both are shocked when it turns out Jacob is a donor match for Bri’s brother’s transplant. Willing to do anything to express her gratitude at his sacrifice, Bri agrees to go as Jacob’s date to his brother’s wedding. They’re not dating for real, of course. But Jacob’s boisterous family doesn’t know that. And when they get the wrong impression, there’s nothing to do but go along with the charade...

A Note From the Publisher

For media inquiries, please reach out to Estelle Hallick, estelle.hallick@hbgusa.com.

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for Yours Truly for an honest review. I discovered Abby Jimenez last year when I got an ARC of Part of Your World. Once I read POYW, and binged on Abby's TikTok videos, I raced to get the rest of her books and read them all over the course of a few weeks. I love being immersed in an author's book world. Abby writes with heart and humor, the problems her characters face are complex and feel very real. Yours Truly was no exception-both Jacob and Bri are complicated characters with big hearts. I appreciated Abby's sensitive handling of Jacob's anxiety disorder and the careful exploration of the issues impacting Bri's struggle with commitment. You really root for these characters to find happiness. Reading appeal-excellent dialogue, strong character development, even pacing, well-plotted.

One of the things I love about Abby's books, Yours Truly included, are how vivid the characters are. You can imagine having every one of them in your life in some capacity. Briana is the type of friend that every woman deserves to have. She is kind, compassionate, and fun. Jacob is the kind of man every man should aspire to be. While quirky due to his anxiety, he is selfless, attentive and loyal.

I also appreciate the level of research and detail Abby puts into all of her books. Knowing she spoke with ER doctors and RNs makes the worlds she creates realistic and the situations plausible. While, hopefully, most readers will not find themselves in a situation like Briana it is nice to know that there is a chance it will work out for everyone involved.

On a personal note, as someone who is in a relationship with a person with anxiety it was nice to see a similar relationship articulated for a large audience. What comes off as rude or weird in most situations to strangers is not done with any intent to harm, but only to make oneself feel comfortable in a vulnerable situation. I can only hope that the relationship between Briana and Jacob helps people be more understanding to others mental and emotional states.

Wow, this was a very powerful book. As the mother of a son with severe, crippling anxiety this really hit me in the feels. I saw a lot of him in Jacob, in how he coped and how things affected him. The author really did her research on this and I could feel Jacob's anxiety in the scenes and it was so real. The relationship between him and Briana felt so natural and meant to be. I really recommend this book, it will make you feel so much for these characters.

The happiness, tears, laughter, love, and friendship is strong in this one. Wonderful depth to the characters. I couldn't put it down! Abby’s portrayal of social anxiety, and mental illness hit home. I connected with Jacob so much. Thank you to @ReadForeverPub and Netgalley for the ARC. Can't wait for Abby's next book. I'll be rereading all of them until then.

Wow…I don’t even know what to say about this book. I DEVOURED it. While HEAP will always have a special place in my heart, this one definitely is up there as one of my favorites by Abby. I absolutely stayed up too late finishing this one.

I really loved both Briana and Jacobs characters in this book. I loved that they understood each other (after a little bit of a misunderstanding at the beginning) and that they cared to make sure the other was comfortable.

I think that some of their issues could have been cleared up by Jacob communicating a little better, but I get why it was written the way it was.

I think this is the perfect example of meeting someone where they are at. And now I just want someone to write me letters 😭

This one isn’t out until April of next year. But do yourself a favor and preorder it.

Wow. Abby Jimenez does it again. She manages to pull at the heartstrings while shining light on tough subject matters and making you believe in love. Love that can transcend trauma and hurt.
Abby's books are full of humor interposed with realistic human emotions and flaws. I love that she doesn't shy away from humanity and our messiness, and in fact does her best to share and highlight mental health, physical health, emotional health, and so on from a variety of viewpoints.

Thank you to NetGallery and Abby for giving me the wonderful opportunity to read an advance copy of Yours Truly.